Ringworm is a common fungal infection of skin. Tinea is the medical term used for ringworm. The infection is caused by skin fungi called dermatophytes. Ringworm infection can cause scaly, red, and round patches on skin. It can also cause patches of hair loss, itching, blisters, and scaling of scalp. The infection can affect various areas such as skin of scalp, feet, beard, and groin. Ringworm is highly contagious and can be transmitted through animals. The infection can be treated successfully with certain antifungal and over-the-counter medicines.
The global ringworm treatment market is expected to grow at a rapid pace. High incidence and prevalence of skin disease are the major factors driving the global ringworm treatment market. Increase in prevalence of bacterial and viral infections boosting R&D activities, rise in awareness about antifungal treatment, and novel treatment for diseases also propel the global market. Furthermore, affection toward pets leading to transmission of disease, increase in combination therapies, rise in health care funding, and promising pipeline are anticipated to drive the global ringworm treatment market during the forecast period. However, lack of awareness in some developing countries about antifungal treatment and complication during the regulatory approvals are the factors likely to restrain the global ringworm treatment market during the forecast period.
The global ringworm treatment market can be segmented based on drug class, route of administration, distribution channel, and region. In terms of drug class, the global market can be categorized into steroids, antifungals, anti-infectives, and others. The antifungals segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period due to specificity and effectiveness of the drugs on the infection. Based on route of administration, the global ringworm treatment market can be bifurcated into oral and topical. The topical segment is expected to hold a major share of the global market during the forecast period due to increase in sale of over-the-counter topical medicines for treatment. In terms of distribution channel, the global market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, drug stores, retailers, and e-commerce.
Geographically, the global ringworm treatment market can be segmented into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global ringworm treatment market in terms of revenue, followed by Europe. Factors such as rise in incidence of skin diseases, increase in adoption of pets in the region, growth of the health care sector, and increase in awareness drive the ringworm treatment market in the region. Furthermore, the prominent players are focusing on Europe to strengthen their positions. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to rise in health care expenditure, increase in geriatric population, surge in disposable income, prevalence of chronic diseases, focus of global pharmaceutical companies on Asia Pacific, increase in adoption of exotic pets leading to transmission of the disease, and unhealthy lifestyle in the rural areas.
Key players operating in the global ringworm treatment market have adopted various strategies such as launch of products that are cost effective and efficient, mergers and acquisitions, geographical expansion, and strategic alliance. Prominent players in market are Perrigo Company plc, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.