Global Nateglinide Market: Introduction
Nateglinide is an oral antihyperglycemic agent. It belongs to the meglitinide class of short-acting insulin secretagogues. It is used for the treatment of non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. The agent acts by binding to β cells of the pancreas to stimulate and regulate insulin release. Nateglinide is an amino acid derivative. It induces an early insulin response to meals decreasing postprandial blood glucose levels. Meglitinides may have a neutral effect on weight or cause a slight increase in weight. The average weight gain caused by meglitinides appears to be lower than that caused by sulfonylureas and insulin and appears to occur only in those naïve to oral antidiabetic agents. Meglitinides may cause hypoglycemia due to their mechanism of action. However, the risk is thought to be lower than that of sulfonylureas since their action is dependent on the presence of glucose. Nateglinide is used alone or with other medications to control high blood sugar along with a proper diet and exercise program.
Nateglinide is extensively metabolized in the liver and excreted in urine (83%) and feces (10%). Major metabolites possess less activity than the parent compound.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Nateglinide Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Nateglinide Market
Rapid Growth in Prevalence of Diabetes
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of people with diabetes has risen from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. The global prevalence of diabetes among adults over 18 years of age has risen from 4.7% in 1980 to 8.5% in 2014. Diabetes prevalence has been rising more rapidly in middle- and low-income countries. Diabetes is a major cause of blindness, kidney failure, heart attacks, stroke, and lower limb amputation. In 2016, an estimated 1.6 million deaths were directly caused by diabetes. Another 2.2 million deaths were attributable to high blood glucose in 2012. Almost half of all deaths attributable to high blood glucose occur before the age of 70 years. The WHO estimated that diabetes was the seventh leading cause of death in 2016.
Increase in Prevalence of Obesity
According to the WHO, global prevalence of obesity has nearly tripled since 1975. In 2016, more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 years and older, were overweight. Of these, over 650 million were obese. 39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese. Most of the world's population lives in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight. 40 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2018. Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5 to 19 were overweight or obese in 2016.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Nateglinide Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global nateglinide market during the forecast period. The market in the region is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years due to increase in prevalence of diabetes disorders and new digital technologies and the availability of developed health care infrastructure. Europe is expected to be the second largest market during the forecast period.
- The nateglinide market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in geriatric population is high in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Nateglinide Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Nateglinide Market
The global nateglinide market is highly consolidated, with the presence of a small number of key players. Leading players operating in the global nateglinide market are:
- Novartis Europharm Limited
- Caremark L.L.C.
- AvKARE, Inc.
- Avera McKennan Hospital
- Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc.
- Nivagen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- American Health Packaging
- Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Wilshire Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Limited
- Cadila Healthcare Limited
- Actavis Pharma, Inc.
Global Nateglinide Market: Research Scope
Global Nateglinide Market, by Device Therapy
- Combinational Therapy
Global Nateglinide Market, by Indication
- Decreased Blood Glucose
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Decreased Weight
Global Nateglinide Market, by Distribution Channel
- Online Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Nateglinide Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.