Radiodermatitis Market (Product Type - Topical (Corticosteroids, Hydrophilic Creams, and Antibiotics), Oral Medication (Corticosteroids, Oral Analgesics, and Antibiotics), and Dressings (Hydrogel, Hydrocolloid, No Sting Barrier Film, Honey Impregnated Gauze, and Silicone Coated Dressing (GM-CSF Gauze and Silver Leaf Dressing); Distribution Channel - Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy Store, and Online Store) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global Radiodermatitis market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Rise in cancer incidence across globe, innovation leading to product offerings, growing partnerships and agreements amongst companies , collaboration between industry academia & industry-institutes, rising merger & acquisitions, entry of new players, and increase in access to health care are projected to drive the global Radiodermatitis Market .As per research, radiodermatitis likely to occur in more than 50% of the patients who underwent radiation therapy for cancer and it could rise up to 95% also.
- According to the report, the global radiodermatitis market was valued at US$ 334.2 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2019 to 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Radiodermatitis Market
Rise in cancer incidence across globe and growing co-morbid conditions: Key Drivers
- According to the WHO, the number of new cancer cases is expected to rise to 22 million by 2032, and 9.6 million deaths are estimated in the year 2018. As per International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), the global cancer burden increases with 18.1 million cases estimated new cases each year. In addition, the rate of certain types of cancers such as breast cancer and head and neck cancer is projected to escalate. This is attributable to faulty lifestyle factors such as obesity for breast cancer, and smoking for head and neck cancers. Moreover, the aforementioned cancers are treated with radiation at site. Hence, patients suffering from these cancers are more likely to develop radiation-induced dermatitis. Therefore, the overall spiral in cancer cases coupled with a surge in specific cancers due to faulty lifestyle is likely to propel the radiodermatitis market. As per WHO, statistics, growing tobacco consumption and alcohol abuse accounts for 40% of the cancer burden across European countries. Amongst which 20% of the cancer lead to deaths in the European region.
- Increasing focus on research to find a standard pertinent treatment is also expected to propel the radiodermatitis market. The lack of standard care products in the market makes it a highly opportune condition for players to set their innovative product ideas on the path of commercial success. Radiodermatitis is a skin condition which affects cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy or combination of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
- Rise in the number of people suffering from diabetes and obesity rapidly puts them at an added risk of developing cancer. This factor is likely to drive the need of the radiation therapy and boost the radiodermatitis incidences. Old age and obesity are also risk factors for cancer, which is likely to rise the demand of radiodermatitis drugs. According to the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control), in year 2018, the diabetes cases have risen to 34.2 million, which is likely to grow to in the world by 2030. This escalation will indicate that there is a larger pool of patients likely to develop cancer and they would have a higher chance of radiation-induced skin damage due to co-morbid condition.
- Product sales in the radiodermatitis market naturally tend to be higher in regions where the number of cancer patients undergoing radiation therapy is high. Asia Pacific leads the world in the number of cancer cases and in the number of patients undergoing combination of chemotherapy and radiation therapy, or radiation therapy by itself. The reach of a number of novel products developed in North America and Europe is gradually expanding in these regions as well as the Middle East & Africa via partnerships for distribution. This is likely to propel future demand for radiodermatitis care products.
Higher Radiodermatitis Cost likely to Hamper Market
- The burden of cost of cancer treatment is a concern in developing nations, where high cost of therapy leads to constraints in financial resources. Hence, high cost of products, especially dressings such as honey-impregnated dressings and silicone dressings, is likely to restrain the market. Moreover, availability of low cost locally-manufactured dressings in the emerging economies is expected to hamper the growth of branded and expensive dressings.
- Moreover, In the United States, the treatment of Cancer drugs incurred expenses around US$100,000 and as per research, 63% of the cancer patients face financial crises during the course of the treatment. Thus, growing cost are likely to hamper the radiodermatitis market in coming years.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Global Radiodermatitis Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global radiodermatitis market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments. The global radiodermatitis market is fragmented, with the presence of a number of international, regional players as well as local players. Various players operating in the global radiodermatitis market are
- BMG Pharma
- ConvaTec Inc
- Integra Life Sciences
- Intermed Pharmaceuticals
- Molnlycke Health Care AB
- Smith & Nephew
- Stratpharma AG.
Global Radiodermatitis Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global radiodermatitis market are engaged in reimbursment scenarios, research & development, technological advancements, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the global radiodermatitis market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global radiodermatitis market are:
- In April 2019, CIVCO Radiotherapy, expertise in offering high quality, patient centric radioactive solutions entered into collaboration with Stratpharma AG to expand their focus on wound care in radiation therapy patients. This is likely to focus on patient centric care and improve post procedure outcomes.
- In July 2017, Stratpharma AG launched StrataXRT, the first and only topical film wound dressing product to manage radiation dermatitis. This product is innovative and flexible wound dressing product to promote rapid healing and post radiation therapy patients.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The report on the global Radiodermatitis Market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of drugs for managing Radiodermatitis condition. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global Radiodermatitis Market.
TMR’s report on the global Radiodermatitis Market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the Market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Radiodermatitis Market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global Radiodermatitis Market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Radiodermatitis Market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, companies’ presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Radiodermatitis Market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Radiodermatitis Market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global Radiodermatitis Market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Radiodermatitis Market. Key players operating in the global Radiodermatitis Market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Radiodermatitis Market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Radiodermatitis Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global Radiodermatitis Market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Radiodermatitis Market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of growing disease prevalence on the global Radiodermatitis Market?
- What are the ongoing clinical trials/pipeline trend for the treatment of the Radiodermatitis condition?
- Which region continue to be the most profitable market for Radiodermatitis Market?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Radiodermatitis Market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global Radiodermatitis Market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Radiodermatitis Market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Radiodermatitis Market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and Market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Radiodermatitis Market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serve as a validation from the Radiodermatitis Market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Radiodermatitis Market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Radiodermatitis Market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global Radiodermatitis Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Radiodermatitis Market - Segmentation