Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market
Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market (Type: Conventional Vaccines and Emergency Vaccines; Application: Cattle, Sheep & Goat, Pigs, and Others; and End User: Veterinary Clinics, Animal Farms, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Companies Broaden Production Capabilities to Manufacture Animal Coronavirus Vaccines
Companies in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market are capitalizing on value-grab opportunities to develop COVID-19 (coronavirus) vaccines that hold promising potentials to protect animals. For instance, Sinovac Biotech— a Beijing-based biopharmaceutical company is conducting clinical trials on rhesus macaques monkeys to innovate in its COVID-19 vaccine. In this way, manufacturers in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market are broadening their revenue streams by increasing their R&D activities in COVID-19 vaccines.
The demand for animal coronavirus vaccines is surging worldwide. Low to no side effects in animal coronavirus vaccines is highly preferred by companies in the livestock industry. Manufacturers are innovating in existing technologies to develop formulations consisting of a chemically inactivated version of the virus. Companies in lower middle-income countries are adopting these existing technologies to manufacture animal coronavirus vaccines. However, there is still a need to conduct clinical trials on several animals in order to validate the efficacy of animal coronavirus vaccines.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market
Multi-million Dollar Innovation Programs Fuel Demand for Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines
Apart from business potentials in Asia and America, manufacturers in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market are exploring untapped opportunities in Eastern Africa. The Global Alliance for Livestock Veterinary Medicines (GALVmed) has announced the AgResults Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) Vaccine Challenge Project to encourage the uptake of vaccines in Eastern Africa. Companies in the Africa foot and mouth disease vaccines market are improving their production capabilities to design vaccines that are tailored to the needs of livestock owners in Eastern Africa.
Multi-million dollar government initiatives are catalyzing the development of improved foot and mouth disease vaccines. Since FMD is highly contagious and has devastating effects on the livestock industry, manufacturers are increasing the availability of foot and mouth disease vaccines.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increasing Production Targets Help Meet Growing FMD Demands
Asia Pacific is among the second-highest revenue earning regions in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market, which is expected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. India being one of the major countries in Asia Pacific is gearing up to tackle the issue of high prevalence of foot and mouth diseases among livestock. Announced by India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself, the National Animal Disease Control Program (NADCP) is under spotlight for ensuring the welfare of buffalo and cattle population.
Fund allocations by government organizations are generating incremental opportunities for pharmaceutical companies in the India foot and mouth disease vaccines market. However, it is challenging to have sufficient quantities of foot and mouth disease vaccines in order to fast-track vaccination programs. As such, veterinary scientists opine that vaccine companies in India are increasing their production targets to meet FMD demands.
Incremental Opportunities in Mongolia Drive R&D Innovations in Immunogenicity Studies
As companies gear up to tap into incremental opportunities in the Asia Pacific foot and mouth disease vaccines market, Mongolia is another country, which is witnessing the demand for vaccines. FMD is a high impact viral disease of livestock and is found to have regular incursions in eastern regions of Mongolia. Such demands are estimated to bolster revenue growth for the overall Asia Pacific foot and mouth disease vaccines market. As such, the country imports vaccines and this forms an important part of their disease control strategy.
Pharmaceutical companies are abiding by the post-vaccination monitoring guidelines published by the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations)-OIE (World Organisation for Animal Health) that provide information on the appropriateness of imported foot and mouth disease vaccines. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities in immunogenicity studies to produce improved formulations of vaccines.
Synthetic Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Trigger Optimum Immune Responses in Animals
The global foot and mouth disease vaccines market is expected to reach US$ 11.2 Bn by the end of 2030, as companies such as MSD Animal Health— a provider of innovative veterinary pharmaceuticals and vaccines, has collaborated with scientists at the University of Oxford, Diamond Light Source, Pirbright, and the University of Reading to gain commercial license for FMD vaccines. Companies in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market are increasing the availability of effective and affordable vaccines that are designed to combat several strains of foot and mouth disease virus (FMDV).
Manufacturers are increasing their efficacy in the development of synthetic vaccines capable of triggering optimum immune responses sans the need to grow live infectious viruses. These synthetic foot and mouth disease vaccines are reducing the risks of potential infections and contamination in livestock.
Synthetic Biology Eliminates Use of Live FMDV in Vaccine Production
The foot and mouth disease vaccines market is anticipated to mature at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period. This is evident, as new patent-pending processes are in pipeline that are a breakthrough in foot and mouth disease vaccine innovations. For instance, inventors at the Plum Island Animal Disease Center (PIADC) have published a patent application titled “Modified Picornavirus 3C Proteases and Methods Thereof” and is being recognized by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
North America dictates the highest revenue among all regions in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market. However, manufacturing of foot and mouth disease vaccines is strictly prohibited in the U.S., since risks of accidental outbreaks during the manufacturing procedure are possible. Hence, companies are adopting the techniques of synthetic biology that eliminates the need to use live FMDV for vaccine production.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Companies are capitalizing on revenue opportunities in animal coronavirus vaccines that are capable of producing positive outcomes in rhesus macaques monkeys. Governments in Australia are adopting the flexible policy model that allows decision makers to determine the role of FMD vaccines in specific outbreak scenarios. However, there is a need for more safe production practices in the U.S. so that the country maintains its position of an FMD-free nation. Hence, companies in the foot and mouth disease vaccines market should adopt synthetic biology to eliminate the need of live FMD virus for vaccine production, which helps to prevent potential outbreaks, since FMD is highly contagious.
Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market for the historical period (2018–2019) and the forecast period (2020–2030), increase in awareness about veterinary care is projected to drive the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market in the near future
- According to the report, the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market was valued at US$ 5.5 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~7% from 2020 to 2030
Increase in Awareness about Veterinary Care: Key Driver
- Awareness about animal diseases, their symptoms, and medication are important for livestock owners. Several animal health awareness programs have been conducted to spread awareness among people. For instance, the Agriculture and Animal Health Awareness Programme was organized at Panchot GP-Gujarat, India, to raise awareness among people about animal healthcare and generate employment.
- Rise in awareness about veterinary care enhances the level of control and care of animals. This, in turn, increases the number of animals. Moreover, changes in veterinary education in the last few decades placed more emphasis on animal welfare owing to greater awareness about animal healthcare.
- Government and private sector organizations are engaged in spreading awareness about the importance of animal care. For instance, the American Animal Hospital Association is a non-profit organization for companion animal veterinary hospitals. It is an accrediting body for small animal hospitals in the U.S. and Canada.
- The One Health initiative has also increased awareness among the people. One Health is an integrative effort of multiple disciplines working locally, nationally, and globally to attain optimal health for people, animals, and the environment, and increase awareness, knowledge, and understanding between people. Rise in awareness about new healthcare techniques & disease indications and high protectiveness of owners about their pet and livestock health are the factors expected to drive the global market.
- In August 2019, the HELP University launched Ninth AniHELP event. The primary aim was to create awareness about the importance of animal adoption and prevention of cruelty to animals.
- Hence, rise in awareness about veterinary care is likely to augment the global market
Surge in Incidence of Zoonotic Diseases: Major Driver
- Globalization and climate change lead to outbreak of animal diseases; some of these are transmissible to humans. According to IFAH Europe (2015), rise in global temperatures leads to appearance of new diseases and helps other diseases to reappear.
- Most human infections with zoonoses come from livestock. Zoonotic diseases account for 61% of the total animal diseases. For instance, porcine parvovirus and foot and mouth disease are the major diseases in animals.
- Vaccines used for porcine parvovirus are Lambivac, M+PAC, and Porcilis Ery. Foot and mouth disease vaccines account for the largest share of the veterinary vaccines market, which accounted for 26.4% of the global livestock industry.
- Social and cultural factors such as food habits and religious beliefs also play a vital role in spreading of disease to humans. Examples are avian influenza, bovine spongiform encephalitis (BSE), and the Nipah virus. A number of factors lead to the emergence of zoonotic diseases.
- The geographical range of zoonotic pathogens such as West Nile virus (WNV), chikungunya virus (CHIKV), and dengue virus are expanding, with the movement of vectors into newly established habitats
Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global foot and mouth disease vaccines market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of a large number of leading players in the international market and several small players in regional markets. The top players hold major share of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market.
- Prominent players operating in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market include
- India Immunological Ltd.
- Merck Animal Health
- Brilliant Bio Pharma Ltd.
- Ceva Santé Animale
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Biovet Private Limited
- Biovencer Healthcare Private Limited
- Vetal Animal Health Products S.A
- Biogenesis Bago SA
- The report on the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of vaccines. The ‘competition landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market.
Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ vaccines, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market. Key players operating in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of devices and its companies in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market and its application segment?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable regional market for foot and mouth disease vaccine providers?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, device portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to TMR’s study on the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market’s primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from foot and mouth disease vaccines market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global foot and mouth disease vaccines market more reliably and accurately.
Foot and Mouth Disease Vaccines Market – Segmentation
Sheep & Goat
Others (Antelope, Deer, Bison, and Camelids)
Middle East & Africa