Sepsis Therapeutics Market
Sepsis Therapeutics Market (Drug Class: Aminoglycosides, Cephalosporin, Glycopeptide Antibiotics, Others; Route of Administration: Intravenous, Oral; Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Third-generation Drugs and Antimicrobial Therapy to Combat Septic Infections
The severity of the septic process and the extent of organ dysfunction in patients require immediate admission to an ICU in hospital. To avoid extreme fatalities and admission to ICUs, healthcare companies in the sepsis therapeutics market are developing efficacious fourth- and fifth-generation drugs.
Revenue of cephalosporin drugs is projected to be the highest in 2027, in the sepsis therapeutics market, with an estimated value of ~US$ 2.2 billion. Thus, to gain positive outcome via clinical trials, manufacturers are collaborating with researchers & scientists to develop effective cephalosporin drugs. As such, healthcare institutions are approaching the combination therapy with third-generation cephalosporin and a tetracycline analogue to treat vibrio vulnificus infection in patients. This therapy has been gaining prominence in the sepsis therapeutics market, since the combination works as an 'in vitro' bactericidal activity against vibrio vulnificus.
Healthcare professionals are increasingly adopting antimicrobial therapy to minimize the damage caused by infections to the gut microbiome. As such, healthcare providers in the sepsis therapeutics market are delivering the right balance between the utilization of antimicrobials and the clinical need for treating specific signs and symptoms in patients.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sepsis Therapeutics Market?
Immunometabolism Delivers Insights on New Therapeutic Targets
Healthcare companies in the sepsis therapeutics market are increasing research on immunometabolism, as insights on immune regulation are helping manufacturers develop efficacious drugs. Since the early detection and treatment of sepsis is critical, researchers are studying the body’s natural and innate response to various classes of drugs by studying immunometabolism. To gain further insights, healthcare companies are running clinical trials involving antibiotics, fluids, and dialysis, to ensure blood flow to the affected organs. They are also devising methods of surgical therapies to remove damaged tissues.
As such, healthcare companies in the sepsis therapeutics market are trying to identify new therapeutic targets that could potentially reduce inflammatory response in patients. They are increasing research via animal testing by introducing lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in mice to see if the molecule can suppress the severity of inflammatory response.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Judicious Prescriptions and New Antimicrobial Agents Reduce Drug Resistance
Antimicrobials have a rapid and long-lasting effect on septic infections. However, antimicrobial resistance to gram-positive infections (GPIs) is emerging as a major public health threat to patients, worldwide. The growing prevalence of multidrug-resistant bacteria in patients has led to increased morbidity and mortality rates. This has created the issue of escalated treatment costs and prolonged hospitalization stay for patients. This is why, healthcare companies in the sepsis therapeutics market are developing new antimicrobial agents to reduce the resistance of drugs against gram-positive infections.
Healthcare companies are expected to develop a robust healthcare value and supply chain in the Asia Pacific region, as it is predicted for fast growth in the sepsis therapeutics market. For instance, stakeholders in the sepsis therapeutics market have observed the growing prevalence of methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus bacteria in Indian patients that has led to the heavy consumption of antibiotics. Thus, stakeholders in the sepsis therapeutics market are recommending judicious prescription of antimicrobial agents, implementation of antibiotic stewardship programs, and conformation to suitable antibiotic policies developed by health commissions to reduce the problem of drug resistance in patients.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Sepsis Therapeutics Market”?
Analysts’ View of Sepsis Therapeutics Market
The sepsis therapeutics market is predicted to exponentially grow from a value of ~US$ 3.2 billion that was accounted in 2018, to a value of ~US$ 6 billion by 2027. Healthcare providers are practicing early therapeutic plasma exchange in cases of septic shock in patients. This method is considered medically safe, and effective for septic shock patients. They are also introducing high doses of vasopressors for rapid hemodynamic improvement and favorable changes in the cytokine profile for patients observed with septic shock. However, in the case of GPIs, adverse effects related to safety and tolerability towards drugs is an ongoing challenge for healthcare companies. To overcome this challenge, manufacturers should introduce new antimicrobial agents in efficacious fourth- and fifth-generation drugs.
Sepsis Therapeutics Market: Overview
- According to the latest report published by Transparency Market Research on the global sepsis therapeutics market for the historical year of 2017 and forecast period of 2019 to 2027, rise in investments in research & development and novel pipeline drugs are projected to boost the growth of the global sepsis therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- The global sepsis therapeutics market generated ~US$ 3.2 Bn revenue in 2018, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.5% from 2019 to 2027.
Novel Pipeline Drugs and Rise in Incidence Rate of Sepsis: A Key Driver
- The geriatric population is prone to developing sepsis, and is expected to increase the patient pool across the world, which, in turn, is projected to drive the sepsis therapeutics market during the forecast period.
- According to the United Nations University (UNU), the percentage of the world population above 65 years of age is anticipated to increase from 9% in 2010 to 16% by 2050.
- Rise in the epidemiological burden of sepsis increases the demand for the development of drugs for the treatment of sepsis. This is likely to boost the growth of the sepsis therapeutics market.
- Leading pharmaceutical companies are striving to address these unmet medical needs through new product development.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation is planning to launch ART-123 by 2021 for the treatment of sepsis. The drug has shown positive results for phase III clinical trial for sepsis, which would support the advancement of drugs for phase IV studies.
- New approval and commercialization of novel therapeutic drugs under clinical trial studies are projected to be a major driver of the global sepsis therapeutics market from 2019 to 2027.
Cephalosporin Drug Class Prominent
- The cephalosporin segment dominated the global sepsis therapeutics market in 2018, and is expected to account for a major market share during the forecast period, as third-generation cephalosporins are commonly used to treat neonatal and infant sepsis. Cephalosporins also have the broadest gram-negative bacterial coverage. This is likely to drive the cephalosporin segment during the forecast period.
- The others segment is projected to grow at significant CAGR during the forecast period. The use of combination therapy for the treatment of sepsis, such as cephalosporin plus an aminoglycoside, is a driving factor that is expected to propel the segment from 2019 to 2027.
Intravenous Administration Popular
- The most common way to administer antibiotics is intravenously, as intravenous antibiotics reach tissues faster and at higher concentrations than oral antibiotics. The preference of the intravenous route for administration of drugs is expected to propel the segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Sepsis Therapeutics Market
- North America accounted for a major share of the global market in 2018, followed by Europe. The high prevalence and rise in incidence of sepsis in the U.S. and Canada, wide base of pharmaceutical companies in the U.S., and easy availability of drugs in the region were key factors responsible for the prominent share held by North America in the global sepsis therapeutics market in 2018.
- According to a study published in the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), around 300 people per 100,000 individuals in the U.S. are affected by severe sepsis and septic shock
- Europe was also an attractive market for sepsis therapeutics in 2018. High budget for research & development in the field of sepsis treatment and various initiatives taken by private and government institutions to promote awareness about sepsis are estimated to propel the market in Europe during the forecast period. Furthermore, well-established healthcare facilities, new product approvals, and commercialization and favorable medical reimbursement policies are anticipated to drive the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a faster pace than other regions during the forecast period, due to increase in the focus on the development of healthcare infrastructure by public as well as private hospitals, along with a rise in the demand for novel therapeutics among a significant patient population. The sepsis therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is driven by a large pool of patients with sepsis in China and Japan, and rise in investments by leading players in the region for the establishment of distribution channels.
Global Sepsis Therapeutics Market: Competitive Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers of sepsis therapeutics have been provided in the report to evaluate their key product offerings, financials, business strategies, and recent developments.
- Key players operating in the global sepsis therapeutics market include -
- INOTREM S.A.
- Mylan N.V.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Pfizer, Inc.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Adrenomed AG
- Endacea, Inc.
Global Sepsis Therapeutics Market: Key Developments
Major manufacturers in the global sepsis therapeutics market are adopting research collaboration, purchase and distribution agreement, and new product development strategies to strengthen their product portfolios and geographic presence in the international market. Key developments in the global sepsis therapeutics market are:
- In August 2019, Pfizer, Inc. partnered with GlaxoSmithKline plc to form a joint venture to create the world’s largest over-the-counter (OTC) business.
- In November 2018, Adrenomed AG received US$ 27 Mn funding from Wellington Partners and HBM Healthcare Investments to be utilized toward the clinical development of Adrecizumab.
In the global sepsis therapeutics market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of sepsis drugs. The ‘competitive landscape’ section is included in the global sepsis therapeutics market report to provide readers with a dashboard view of the key players operating in the global sepsis therapeutics market.
Sepsis Therapeutics Market: Scope of the Report
A new study conducted on the global sepsis therapeutics market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a whole wealth of information on the key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the sepsis therapeutics market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the sepsis therapeutics market, to illustrate how growth will discern during the forecast period of 2019 - 2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include pipeline analysis and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the sepsis therapeutics market for the duration of the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the sepsis therapeutics market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the sepsis therapeutics market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues of the sepsis therapeutics market, which will guide market players in making apt business decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Sepsis Therapeutics Market Study
- What is the scope of growth of sepsis therapeutic companies in the pharmaceutical drugs sector?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the sepsis therapeutics market between the years 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trends in the sepsis therapeutics market?
- Will North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for sepsis therapeutic providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the sepsis therapeutics market during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027?
- Which are the leading companies in the global sepsis therapeutics market?
Sepsis Therapeutics Market: Research Methodology
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the sepsis therapeutics market, and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the said market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the sepsis therapeutics market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, all of whom contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the sepsis therapeutics market, as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during the interviews, which serves as a validation from sepsis therapeutics market industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows for this report to address specific details and questions about the sepsis therapeutics market with high accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the sepsis therapeutics market much more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of the Sepsis Therapeutics Market
TMR’s study on the sepsis therapeutics market includes information categorized into four sections - by drug class, by route of administration, by distribution channel, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics that are associated with these four sections of the sepsis therapeutics market are discussed in detail.
Route of Administration
Middle East & Africa