Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market (Product - Creams/Gels, Patches, Injections, Gums/Buccal Adhesives, Implants; Active Ingredient - Testosterone, Methyl Testosterone, Testosterone Undecanoate, Testosterone Enanthate, Testosterone Cypionate) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global testosterone replacement therapy market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, increasing incidence of testosterone deficiency, growing awareness among people regarding testosterone replacement therapy and significant pipeline of medications, are projected to drive the global testosterone replacement therapy market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global testosterone replacement therapy market was valued at US$ 1,613.7 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market
Rising incidence of testosterone deficiency: Key Drivers
- Testosterone deficiency, also known as hypogonadism, is characterized by diminished functioning of the male gonads that reduces testosterone secretion. This occurs mainly due to hypothalamic-pituitary axis dysfunction and/or testicular failure.
- Testosterone deficiency is one of the common health problems among men aged between 40 years and 79 years. The incidence of low testosterone levels in men aged over 60 years is estimated to be around 20% of the male population, and in population aged over 70 years, around 30%. The global prevalence of testosterone deficiency ranges from over 10% to 40% of the population.
- However, only around 9% patients with testosterone deficiency are being treated in the U.S. This is due to factors such as perceived risk of prostate cancer associated with current treatment therapy and lack of screening/tests for low testosterone. Therefore, increase in incidence rate of testosterone deficiency is expected to drive the testosterone replacement therapy products market in the near future.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Rise in Geriatric Population with High Risk of Testosterone Deficiency Boost Market Growth
- The world population is aging rapidly, especially in some of the developed economies such as the U.S., most of Western Europe, and Japan. Developed economies present high rates of aging. This is attributed to improved health care infrastructure, policies, and advancement in health care facilities in these countries. Moreover, access to various diagnostic and treatment services has improved in the recent past especially in developed economies. This in turn has increased the life expectancy of the population.
- According to World Health Organization (WHO) estimates, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050 as compared to 524 million in 2010. The geriatric population would rise at the fastest rates in developed countries such as the U.K, Germany, the U.S., and Japan. However, Brazil, China, Thailand, and South Korea are also expected to have a large geriatric population base in shortest span of time in the near future.
- Testosterone levels decrease naturally as age increases beyond 30 years. However, in some cases significant decrease can lead to health problems. World population is rapidly aging. Therefore, with increasing population of age individuals the testosterone deficient men population would also grow, which in turn would increase the demand for testosterone replacement therapy in the global market. Hence, increase in the geriatric population is expected to fuel the growth of the testosterone replacement therapy market globally
Patent Expiry of Key Drugs and Entry of Generics Hamper Market
- The testosterone replacement therapy market is expected to experience a patent cliff during the forecast period. Expiration of key drug patents would affect the revenues of large pharmaceutical companies from TRT products. In addition, the generic versions of these drugs would further reduce the global market revenues as these would be priced much lower than their counterparts (branded drugs) that dominated the global market earlier.
- This factor is expected to have a profound effect on the overall testosterone replacement therapy products market, causing a drastic dip in market revenues. Moreover, approved ANDAs for most of these molecules will lead to intense generic competition.
- Therefore, patent expirations are likely to significantly impact and restrain the testosterone replacement therapy market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Testosterone replacement therapy Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global testosterone replacement therapy market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global testosterone replacement therapy market is highly consolidated, with top five players accounting for over 60% of the market.
- Leading players operating in the global testosterone replacement therapy market are
- AbbVie, Inc.
- Allergan plc
- Bayer AG
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Eli Lilly Company
- Kyowa Kirin International plc
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Clarus Therapeutics,
- Ferring Holding SA,
Global Testosterone replacement therapy Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global testosterone replacement therapy market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global testosterone replacement therapy market. A few product launches in the global testosterone replacement therapy market are:
- In April 2019, the U.S. FDA approved a generic version of testosterone gel 1.62% as replacement therapy for men with hypogonadism.
- In March 2019, the U.S. FDA approved Jatenzo, an oral testosterone capsule, manufactured by Clarus Therapeutics for the treatment of certain forms of hypogonadism.
The report on the global testosterone replacement therapy market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of testosterone replacement therapy. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global testosterone replacement therapy market.
TMR’s report on the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market. Key players operating in the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for Testosterone Replacement Therapy providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the Testosterone Replacement Therapy market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the Testosterone Replacement Therapy market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global Testosterone Replacement Therapy market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Testosterone Replacement Therapy Market – Segmentation
Active Ingredient Type
Middle East & Africa