Global Esomeprazole Sodium Market: Introduction
- Esomeprazole sodium is a proton pump inhibitor that decreases the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is used to relieve symptoms related to gastro oesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other conditions involving excessive stomach acid.
- GERD usually occurs when stomach acid frequently flows back into the tube connecting the mouth and stomach (oesophagus). In majority of cases related to GERD, people experience acid reflux frequently. GERD is a mild acid reflux that occurs at least twice a week, while moderate to severe acid reflux occurs at least once a week. The discomfort caused due to GERD can be easily managed by lifestyle changes and over-the-counter medication.
- Esomeprazole sodium is also prescribed to prevent and treat stomach ulcers. Sometimes, esomeprazole is also prescribed for a rare illness caused by a tumour in the pancreas or gut, called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Esomeprazole is also mixed with naproxen, which helps reduce inflammation and pain in the joints and muscles.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Esomeprazole Sodium market
- Increase in the cases of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) due to excess acid production in the stomach, such as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, may cause stomach ulcer or even stomach cancer. Esomeprazole sodium is used during the starting phase of any kind of excess acid issue in the stomach to avoid any further serious consequences. These are a few factors driving the global esomeprazole sodium market.
- Side-effects, such as headache, diarrhoea, nausea or vomiting, constipation, stomach pain or flatulence, is a key factor restraining the global esomeprazole sodium market. Most people who take esomeprazole rarely exhibit any side-effects. Side-effects are usually mild and go away when the patient stops taking esomeprazole.
- Prescription of esomeprazole sodium in numerous stomach-related issues that are caused due to acid reflux has created considerable opportunity for the global esomeprazole sodium market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Esomeprazole Sodium market
- North America held a major share of the global esomeprazole sodium market. Change in lifestyle and food habits has been a major cause of issues related to stomach acid among people in the region. According to a report by Medscape (WebMD LLC.) In the U.S., peptic ulcer disease affects approximately 4.6 million people, annually, with an estimated 10% of the U.S. population exhibiting evidence of a duodenal ulcer at some time. H pylori infection accounts for 90% of duodenal ulcers and 70% to 90% of gastric ulcers. Early symptoms and diagnosis help prevent the occurrence of the disease with the help of normal medication, such as Esomeprazole sodium, which has also boosted the esomeprazole sodium market.
- Europe is expected to follow North America in terms of share of the global Esomeprazole sodium market. Incidence or prevalence of several gastrointestinal disorders has increased drastically in numerous countries across Europe, which has further fuelled the demand for esomeprazole sodium.
Key Players Operating in global Esomeprazole Sodium market
The esomeprazole sodium market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global esomeprazole sodium market are:
- Alkem Laboratories Ltd.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
- Chongqing LUMMY Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Grünenthal GmbH
- Laboratorios Saval S.A.
- Novartis AG (Sandoz)
- Sanofi SA
- Stada Arzneimittel AG
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Esomeprazole Sodium Market: Research Scope
Global Esomeprazole Sodium Market, by Dosage
Global Esomeprazole Sodium Market, by Application
- Gastro oesophageal reflux disease
- Duodenal ulcers
Global Esomeprazole Sodium Market, by Distribution
- Hospital and clinical pharmacies
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.