Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market: Introduction
- A rare genetic condition that causes the buildup of long chain fatty acids (VLCFAs) in the brain is known as adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD). A mutation in the ABCD1 gene on the X chromosome leads to ALD. Childhood cerebral ALD, Adrenomyelopathy, and Addison’s disease are the three types of adrenoleukodystrophy. Childhood cerebral ALD progresses very rapidly in children between the ages of 3 and 10 and causes severe disability and even death. Addison’s disease is caused when the adrenal glands are unable to produce enough hormones. It is also known as adrenal insufficiency. Adrenomyelopathy primarily affects adult men.
Key Drivers, Restrains and Opportunities of Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market
- Rising awareness about rare diseases leads to increase in potential in research treatment. Moreover, rise in support and funds for research into new ALD treatments contribute to drive the market.
- Surge in number of patient is likely augment the market. For instance, the prevalence of adrenoleukodystrophy, globally, is 1 in 20,000 to 50,000 individuals as per the U.S. National Library of Medicine. 1 in every 21,000 men and 1 in 16,800 women thought to be affected by ALD in the U.S.
- Key industry players are engaged in the development of new products by investment in research & developing owing to a rise in the demand for products. This, in turn, is estimated to drive the market. For instance, Viking Therapeutics conducts a clinical trial program for novel VK0214. In September 2020, Viking Therapeutics launched phase I clinical trial testing with increasing doses of VK0214 to treat adrenoleukodystrophy (ALD). In July 2018, NeuroVia, Inc. initiated the Phase 1/2 clinical study of NV1205, in patients with childhood cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CCALD).
- However side-effects associated with stem cell therapy and corticosteroid replacement therapy is expected to hamper the market
- Government initiatives in developing countries to improve healthcare infrastructure leads to an increase the patient access and thereby offers significant opportunity in the market. Moreover, investment by key players to address the unmet medical needs is providing considerable opportunity in the market
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global adrenoleukodystrophy treatment market. It is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Well-established healthcare infrastructure and presence of key market players are major factors that are anticipated to drive the market.
- The adrenoleukodystrophy treatment market in Asia Pacific is estimated to hold significant share of the market. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to a rise in awareness about rare diseases.
Key Players Operating in Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market
The global adrenoleukodystrophy market is highly concentrated due to the presence of key players. A large number of manufacturers hold major share in their respective regions. Demand for adrenoleukodystrophy treatment products has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to a rise in prevalence of adrenoleukodystrophy. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market.
Major players operating in the global adrenoleukodystrophy treatment market are:
- agtc (Applied Genetic Technologies Corporation)
- Viking Therapeutics, Inc
- bluebird bio, Inc.
- SwanBio Therapeutics, Inc.
- MedDay Pharmaceuticals
- NeuroVia, Inc
Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market, by Therapy
- Stem cell transplant
- Gene therapy
- Corticosteroid replacement therapy
Global Adrenoleukodystrophy Treatment Market, by Types
- Childhood cerebral ALD
- Addison’s disease
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.