Vapor Permeability Films Market: Introduction
- Vapor permeability films provide long shelf life, strong sealing capability, printability, and lightweight packaging. These films are easier to carry and they also incur less expenses for the transportation of beverages as compared to rigid packaging.
- Vapor permeability films are employed to secure pallets during transportation. They also protect pallets from contamination as well as adverse weather conditions.
- Advantages of employing vapor permeability films in the packaging process include flexibility, strength, recyclability, and aesthetic look
Key Drivers of Global Vapor Permeability Films Market
- Globalization has led to rapid growth of imports and exports by manufacturers across the globe. This has resulted in large supply chains and increased role of logistics, with companies adopting flexible packaging to optimize packaging systems for efficient and effective delivery. This factor is driving the demand for vapor permeability films.
- Low-cost, lightweight, and damage-resistant features of packaging with vapor permeability films are boosting the demand for these films in the transportation industry. Rigid packaging is being rapidly replaced by flexible packaging, due to the latter’s characteristics such as enhanced barrier resistance, re-sealable closures, cost efficiency, and light weight. Among several variants of flexible packaging, shrink films have numerous applications throughout the supply chain. Demand for vapor permeability films has been increasing significantly in the packaging sector over the last few years.
- Players operating in the e-commerce sector have been increasingly adopting vapor permeability films over the last few years, considering advantages of these films over stretch films and other films. Key features of vapor permeability films such as high barrier resistance and damage control packaging have proved beneficial for players in the e-commerce sector to ensure convenient and efficient delivery of their products.
Polyethylene Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Demand for vapor permeability films made of polyethylene in the beverage packaging industry is anticipated to increase at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Vapor permeability films offer sustainable packaging solutions, as they reduce the weight of packaging. Thus, they prove to be a useful solution in view of regulations concerning less waste and lower weight of packaging. Additionally, vapor permeability films possess good shelf-appeal and they are cost effective.
- Polyethylene vapor permeability films save on hidden costs of pre-labeled products and expenses on the Universal Product Code. These films also limit the use of adhesives and the need for secondary sleeves for branding. Demand for vapor permeability films has been increasing in the beverage packaging industry, as these films provide a one-stop solution for companies that require sustainable and low-cost packaging options with good shelf-appeal.
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Market
- Availability of alternative materials for films can be a major factor restraining the global vapor permeability films market. The cost of vapor permeability films is higher than the regular plastic films that are used for packaging of products. This factor is anticipated to hamper the demand for vapor permeability films during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Vapor Permeability Films Market
- The vapor permeability films market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to rise in the consumption of alcoholic beverages and increase in the demand for ready-to-drink fruit juices in the food & beverage packaging industry. Asia Pacific is the most populated region in the world. Demand for ready-to-eat food is high in the region.
- The vapor permeability film market in Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Demand for vapor permeability films in these regions is likely to rise in the next few years, due to increase in the usage of canned food products in these regions.
- Demand for vapor permeability films in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to rise significantly in the near future. These two regions accounted for a low share of the global vapor permeability films market, in terms of demand, in 2018. However, these regions are projected to create lucrative opportunities for the vapor permeability films market during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Vapor Permeability Films Market
Various players operate in the global vapor permeability films market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to new product development by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe markets in order to capitalize on the untapped growth potential in Asia Pacific and Africa. For instance, in 2018, Arkema Group developed a new technology for producing monolithic breathable membranes. Key players operating in the global vapor permeability films market are:
- Mitsui Chemicals
- RKW Group
- Toray Industries
- Arkema Group
- Innovia Films
- Nitto Denko Corporation
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market: Research Scope
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market, by Type
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!