Vapor Permeability Films Market: Introduction
- Vapor permeability films provide long shelf life, strong sealing capability, printability, and lightweight packaging. These films are easier to carry and they also incur less expenses for the transportation of beverages as compared to rigid packaging.
- Vapor permeability films are employed to secure pallets during transportation. They also protect pallets from contamination as well as adverse weather conditions.
- Advantages of employing vapor permeability films in the packaging process include flexibility, strength, recyclability, and aesthetic look
Key Drivers of Global Vapor Permeability Films Market
- Globalization has led to rapid growth of imports and exports by manufacturers across the globe. This has resulted in large supply chains and increased role of logistics, with companies adopting flexible packaging to optimize packaging systems for efficient and effective delivery. This factor is driving the demand for vapor permeability films.
- Low-cost, lightweight, and damage-resistant features of packaging with vapor permeability films are boosting the demand for these films in the transportation industry. Rigid packaging is being rapidly replaced by flexible packaging, due to the latter’s characteristics such as enhanced barrier resistance, re-sealable closures, cost efficiency, and light weight. Among several variants of flexible packaging, shrink films have numerous applications throughout the supply chain. Demand for vapor permeability films has been increasing significantly in the packaging sector over the last few years.
- Players operating in the e-commerce sector have been increasingly adopting vapor permeability films over the last few years, considering advantages of these films over stretch films and other films. Key features of vapor permeability films such as high barrier resistance and damage control packaging have proved beneficial for players in the e-commerce sector to ensure convenient and efficient delivery of their products.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Polyethylene Segment to Witness Attractive Opportunities
- Demand for vapor permeability films made of polyethylene in the beverage packaging industry is anticipated to increase at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Vapor permeability films offer sustainable packaging solutions, as they reduce the weight of packaging. Thus, they prove to be a useful solution in view of regulations concerning less waste and lower weight of packaging. Additionally, vapor permeability films possess good shelf-appeal and they are cost effective.
- Polyethylene vapor permeability films save on hidden costs of pre-labeled products and expenses on the Universal Product Code. These films also limit the use of adhesives and the need for secondary sleeves for branding. Demand for vapor permeability films has been increasing in the beverage packaging industry, as these films provide a one-stop solution for companies that require sustainable and low-cost packaging options with good shelf-appeal.
Availability of Substitutes Likely to Hamper Market
- Availability of alternative materials for films can be a major factor restraining the global vapor permeability films market. The cost of vapor permeability films is higher than the regular plastic films that are used for packaging of products. This factor is anticipated to hamper the demand for vapor permeability films during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Vapor Permeability Films Market
- The vapor permeability films market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand significantly during the forecast period, due to rise in the consumption of alcoholic beverages and increase in the demand for ready-to-drink fruit juices in the food & beverage packaging industry. Asia Pacific is the most populated region in the world. Demand for ready-to-eat food is high in the region.
- The vapor permeability film market in Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Demand for vapor permeability films in these regions is likely to rise in the next few years, due to increase in the usage of canned food products in these regions.
- Demand for vapor permeability films in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is estimated to rise significantly in the near future. These two regions accounted for a low share of the global vapor permeability films market, in terms of demand, in 2018. However, these regions are projected to create lucrative opportunities for the vapor permeability films market during the forecast period.
Key Players in Global Vapor Permeability Films Market
Various players operate in the global vapor permeability films market. However, there is an increasing shift in dynamics toward market consolidation. This can be ascribed to new product development by major companies operating in the U.S. and Europe markets in order to capitalize on the untapped growth potential in Asia Pacific and Africa. For instance, in 2018, Arkema Group developed a new technology for producing monolithic breathable membranes. Key players operating in the global vapor permeability films market are:
- Mitsui Chemicals
- RKW Group
- Toray Industries
- Arkema Group
- Innovia Films
- Nitto Denko Corporation
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market: Research Scope
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market, by Type
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
Global Vapor Permeability Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.