Ion Implanter Market
Ion Implanter Market (Technology: High-energy Implanter, Medium-current Implanter, and High-current Implanter; and Application: Semiconductor Fabrication, Metal Finishing, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Chemicals & Materials
- 163 Pages
Stakeholders Maintain Business Continuity by Focusing on Mission-critical Projects amid Coronavirus Crisis
The coronavirus pandemic has altered the way the global society functions. Ripple effects of the pandemic are being experienced in the ion implanter market. Manufacturing industries are functioning at reduced capacities. As such, mass inoculation drives with the help of COVID-19 vaccines are anticipated to pump revenue in the global ion implanter market.
It has been found that the COVID-19 outbreak has relatively less impact on industries such as the semiconductor industry, metal finishing, and material science research. However, major events including the 23rd International Conference on Ion Implantation Technology has been rescheduled for September 25-29, 2022, in San Diego. Thus, stakeholders are increasing efforts to maintain business continuity by focusing on mission-critical projects in the semiconductor and metal finishing industries.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Annealing Step Post-implantation Gains Importance to Avoid Damage to Target Structure
Ion implantation is an alternative technique, which is used to dope silicon solar cells. This helps to establish uniformity and consistent repeatability to dope silicon solar cells. However, potential damage to the target structure has increased the need for annealing step post-implantation.
Advancements in ion implantation for solar cells involve the development of high-performance PV (photovoltaic) modules based in thin crystalline silicon solar cells. Such innovations are boosting the growth of the ion implanter market. In addition to the conventional installation of house rooftops, several large-scale and mega solar power plants are being constructed. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D in self-aligning processes for interdigitated back contact (IBC) solar cells fabrication using the ion implantation technology.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Power Electronic Semiconductor Devices Attract High-energy Ion Implantation Technology
The high-energy ion implantation is being publicized as a well-established technique in the production technology of a number of semiconductor devices. This explains why the ion implanter market is projected to reach a valuation of US$ 2.9 Bn by 2031. Known advantages of targeted doping, defect creation, and a combination of both are being used in high-energy ion implantation.
Companies in the ion implanter market are expanding their business streams in high-energy ion implantation to improve the switching behavior in power electronic semiconductor devices such as in thyristors, power diodes, and power MOFSETs (metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor). Manufacturers are facilitating the implantation of heavy ions to improve emission characteristics of laser diodes.
Mastering New Materials Helps Manufacturers to Deploy Technological Diversification in Nanoelectronics
The delivery of client-specific services is helping companies in the ion implanter market to gain recognition. Ion Beam Services - a specialist in ion implantation for the microelectronics industry, is gaining popularity for innovating in nanotechnology with the help of ion implantation, which plays a critical engineering role for materials at nanoscale.
Ion implantation plays a vital role in the development of new components utilized to improve the performance of power transistors used in converters and modifying materials for storage batteries. Increasing the efficiency of photovoltaic cells is forming among those business activities that create stable income avenues for manufacturers. Mastering new materials such as silicon carbide in power electronics is helping manufacturers in the ion implanter market to keep up with technological diversification in nanoelectronics.
Next-gen Ion Implanters Cater to Outsourced, Manufacturing Services with Global Approach
Internet of Things (IoT), autonomous vehicles, and smart homes are creating lucrative revenue opportunities for stakeholders in the ion implanter market. Companies are expanding their knowledge in a wide variety of equipment types and vintages to propose innovative and cost saving upgrades and retrofit services. Next-gen ion implanters are helping companies to offer both outsourced and manufacturing services.
Companies in the ion implanter market are adopting a global approach by teaming up with experts who support research institutions and small volume production of new processes. Next-gen ion implanters help in maintenance and retrofitting of equipment. The field of energy efficiency is grabbing the attention of stakeholders who are supporting innovations in power components, solar panels, and batteries.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Ion Implanter Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Volatile demand and supply for semiconductor, photovoltaics, and microelectronic components have compelled manufacturers to enter the plug-and-play mode for manufacturing activities during the coronavirus outbreak. As such, companies in the ion implanter market are focusing on producing essential process tools and technology for energy independence and reducing the environmental footprint. However, current challenges relating to the storage & transport of data and complex microelectronics requirements are posing as hurdles for small and emerging market players. Hence, all market players should adapt as per rapidly evolving technologies, invest in continuous research toward innovation, and constantly develop new components in implanters by advancing in core technologies.
Ion Implanter Market: Overview
- Ion implanters are essential for manufacture of modern integrated circuits (IC). Doping or modifying silicon and other semiconductor wafers rely on technology, which involves generating an ion beam and steering it into the substrate so that the ions come to rest beneath the surface. Ion implanters are available in three types: high-energy implanters, medium-current implanters, and high-current implanters.
- High-energy implanters have been developed to address the need of deeper implants with high-energy range and low dose. High-energy implanters are generally capable of energy ranging from several 10’s of keV up to several MeV. However, their higher cost of ownership compared to that of medium-current implanters limits their usage below 200 keV in most applications.
- Medium-current implanter machines are employed for most low-dose implants, owing to their high reliability, high throughput, and low cost of ownership
- High-current implanters are, typically, tools that achieve more than 10mA of beam and have the maximum energy level of 80 keV or less for singly charged ions
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global ion implanter market for the historical year 2019, actual year 2020, and the forecast period 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of ion implanters in semiconductor fabrication is a key factor that is expected to boost the global ion implanter market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global ion implanter market is estimated to reach US$ 2.9 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Semiconductors: Key Driver of Ion Implanter Market
- Currently, ion implanters are extensively employed in the fabrication of semiconductors. The semiconductor industry is witnessing a shift in silicon wafer size from 100 mm to 300 mm. Wafer size with large diameter reduces the manufacturing cost. Currently, the semiconductor industry has increased the size of wafers by 25% to 50%. Changes in wafer sizes result in technological advancements in ion implant machines. This leads to an increase in demand for ion implanters.
- The electronic device market has been expanding significantly since the past few years, due to the rise in demand for smartphones, laptops, and other electronic gadgets. Additionally, recent technologies such as artificial intelligence and voice recognition technologies are encouraging end-consumers to opt for advanced electronic devices. Replacement cycles and dropping prices of numerous electronic devices are also resulting in an increase in consumption of these devices. According to Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), the consumer electronic devices market is projected to be valued at US$ 415,897 Mn in 2021, an increase of 13.9% over that in the previous year. Growth in demand for semiconductors is projected to drive the demand for ion implanters during the forecast period.
- Increase in focus on R&D activities by manufacturers and public research institutes in order to accelerate technological breakthroughs; and implementation of new technologies for product development are also key factors that are expected to propel the ion implanter market during the forecast period
High Current Implanter Dominates Ion Implanter Market
- Based on technology, the high current implanter segment dominated the global ion implanter market in 2020
- High-current ion implantation machines provide high doses of ion beams at high throughputs. These types of implanters are extensively employed in the process of fabrication of CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) integrated circuits. The CMOS technology is a highly popular technology in the computer chip design industry. It is broadly used to form integrated circuits in several applications. Furthermore, the high-current implanter segment is expected expand at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period, owing to its extensive usage in the semiconductor industry.
- High-current implanters are equipment that achieve more than 10mA of beam and have a maximum energy of 80 keV or less for singly charged ions. These machines are used for uniformity requirements needed for semiconductor processing.
Rise in Application of Ion Implanter in Semiconductor Fabrication
- In terms of value, the semiconductor fabrication application segment is estimated to dominate the global ion implanter market during the forecast period. The segment is estimated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- Increase in trend of smart and technologically advanced electronic devices with technologies such as artificial intelligence, virtual reality, and Internet of Things (IoT) are boosting the demand for high-tech and more complex circuit boards and microchips. This is boosting the demand for advanced ion implanter machines.
- Industrial demand for ion implantation systems, almost entirely for doping of IC transistors, is also fueling the market. Doping of junctions and contact regions in PV cells is a relatively new and rapidly expanding application of ion implantation techniques.
Ion Implanter Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of ion implanters have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global ion implanter market are
- Axcelis Technologies Inc.
- Applied Materials Inc.
- NISSIN ELECTRIC CO. LTD.
- Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd.
- Intevac, Inc.
- XP Power
- Kingstone Semiconductor Joint Stock Company Ltd.
- Innovion Corp
- OEM Group LLC
- idonus sarl
- Plansee Group
- Ion Beam Services
Ion Implanter Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of ion implanters, such as Axcelis Technologies Inc., Applied Materials Inc., NISSIN ELECTRIC CO. LTD., Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd., and Intevac, Inc. are focusing on research & development, mergers, joint ventures, collaborations, and product innovations of ion implanters. Major developments in the global ion implanter market are highlighted below:
- In March 2021, Axcelis Technologies Inc. announced the first shipment of its 'Purion H200 SiC Power Series' implanter
- In September 2020, Acxelis announced the first shipment of its “Purion H200 high current implanter evaluation system” to leading power device manufacturers Additionally, the company has a follow-on order for a Purion M SiC Medium-current Implanter
- In November 2018, Applied Materials Inc. opened Materials Engineering Technology Accelerator (META Center)
- In August 2019, Nissin Electric Co., Ltd. announced that it had relocated Nissin Advanced Coating (Shenyang) Co., Ltd. from Hunnan New District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province, to Shenfu New District in the same province to meet the business expansion of job coating services for tools, molds, and automotive components in Northeast China
- In the global ion implanter market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of ion implanters. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global ion implanter market.
Ion Implanter Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global ion implanter market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global ion implanter market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global ion implanter market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global ion implanter market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global ion implanter market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global ion implanter market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global ion implanter market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global ion implanter market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Ion Implanter Market
The report provides detailed information about the global ion implanter market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global ion implanter market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which application segment of the global ion implanter market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of ion implanters?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global ion implanter market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global ion implanter market?
- Which technology segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global ion implanter market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global ion implanter market?
Research Methodology – Ion Implanter Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global ion implanter market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global ion implanter market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global ion implanter market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global ion implanter market.
Ion Implanter Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global ion implanter market in terms of technology, application, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects of the global ion implanter market.