2-shot Injection Molding Market
2-shot Injection Molding Market (Product - Polypropylene, Polycarbonate, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), Polystyrene, Other Plastics (Nylon and PBT), Silicones, Styrene-Butadiene Rubber (SBR), Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE), and Other Elastomers (Natural Rubber and Nitrile Rubber); Application - Medical, Automotive, Consumer Goods, Electrical & Electronics, Industrial, and Packaging) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global 2-shot injection molding Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for 2-shot injection molding stood nearly US$ 7.97 Bn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 14.67 Bn by 2027. Rising demand for highly precise molded parts in automotive and medical industry is anticipated to drive 2-shot injection molding market during the forecast period. Use of 2-shot injection enables designers to design product parts with a range of value-added features. Generally, in 2-shot injection molding, soft-touch materials are molded in combination with strong substrates to improve the product design ergonomically and aesthetically.
- 2-shot injection molding in this report is defined as the molding process, wherein a single injection molding machine and a single injection mold is used to form a part with two or more polymer resins within one cycle. 2-shot injection molding enables production of highly precise parts with high level of repeatability using a single tool. Generally, compatible polymer pairs are used to mold more product parts while incompatible polymer pairs are also used to manufacture parts such as articulated joints and hinges.
- Rigid thermoplastics are usually molded with soft elastomers. The commonly used thermoplastics are PP, PC, Nylons & ABS while the most commonly used elastomers are Silicones and TPE’s.
- In 2-shot injection molding, as two component parts are manufactured in a single operation, the need for expensive secondary joining or assembly processes are eliminated. Further, the rate of rejection of components manufactured by 2-shot injection molding is low, as chances of misalignment between two components, as seen in traditional inserts or over molding processes, are less.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global 2-shot injection molding Market: Segmental Insights
- In terms of revenue, the application of 2-shot injection moldings in the automotive segment was the largest in this market, accounting for more than 25% of the market share in 2018. A number of interior and exterior automotive components are manufactured using 2-shot molding viz. remote car key shells, lock casings, keypads, housings for electronic control units, air vents, lighting, interior and exterior trim, cargo restraint, door handles, and mirror systems.
- The medical segment is anticipated to be the fastest growing segment driven by rapid growth of the medical industry due to a rising geriatric population in many regions. Other important application segments of the 2-shot injection molding market are consumer goods, electrical & electronics and industrial segments.
- Among the product segments, the other thermoplastics segment which comprises of polymers such as polyamides, PBT etc. held the largest revenue market share in 2018.
- Silicones were anticipated to be the fastest growing product segment during the forecast period. Other important product segments were PC, PP, TPE’s and ABS.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global 2-shot injection molding: Regional Insights
- In terms of revenue, Europe held the largest share of more than 35% of the global 2-shot injection molding market in 2018. The need to differentiate their products from those of Asia Pacific molders and thus remain competitive is anticipated to drive the 2-shot injection molding market in Europe. Germany has the largest demand for polymers used in 2-shot injection molding due to the high concentration of automobile industries in this region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing 2-shot injection molding market and the demand in this region is anticipated to rise at a CAGR of more than 7.0% during the forecast period. There are a growing number of growing of molders in countries such as China that are adopting 2-shot injection molding for applications in the fast rising end-use industries.
- A major technological trend in this market is the development of specialized grades of polymers used specifically for 2-shot injection molding. These polymers have improved adhesion with other polymers for increased compatibility and are also available in a variety of attractive colors.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in 2-shot Injection Molding Market, ask for a customized report
Global 2-shot injection molding: Competition Landscape
- Some players operating in the 2-shot injection molding market include Rogan Corporation, Bemis Manufacturing Company, Nyloncraft, Inc., Gemini Group, Inc. Biomedical Polymers Inc., Carclo Technical Plastics, Yomura Technologies and Evco Plastics.
- In April 2019, Carclo Technical Plastics Ltd (CTP) announced that its manufacturing facility in Doddaballapur near Bangalore, India, has been recommended by BSI for accreditation to the international standard ISO13485:2016 for medical applications.
- In February 2019, Carclo Technical Plastics Ltd (CTP) announces that it continues to develop its medical/optical manufacturing facility in Brno, Czech Republic. CTP’s strategy is to continue the manufacturing scale-up of components for drug delivery and diagnostic devices and eyecare disposables.
- In 2019, BMP Medical, a division of Biomedical Polymers opened a new facility located in Sterling, Mass for injection molding, blow molding, two-short, insert molding, and other packaging & assembly manufacturing services.
- In March 2018, Carclo Technical Plastics Ltd (CTP) announced the official opening of its new manufacturing facility in Mitcham, Surrey. The new 1,000m2 facility is dedicated to the manufacture BD Vystra ™ disposable pen which is used for delivery of liquid pharmaceuticals.
- In 2018, Rogan Corporation purchased a new Sodick TR Series 450-ton liquid silicone rubber ultra-precision injection molding machine to add to its current array of state-of-the-art molding presses.
- In 2018, Pycom, an innovative Internet of Things (IoT) technology company, entered into a strategic partnership with Season Group, a leading Global Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) provider, to provide end-to-end development, integration and manufacturing services for aspiring small to medium size enterprises (SME) companies.
TMR’s recent publication on the global 2-shot injection molding market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global 2-shot injection molding market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global 2-shot injection molding market enclosed in the study. The report on the global 2-shot injection molding market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global 2-shot injection molding market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global 2-shot injection molding market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global 2-shot injection molding market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global 2-shot injection molding market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global 2-shot injection molding market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global 2-shot injection molding market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global 2-shot injection molding market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on 2-shot injection molding that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global 2-shot injection molding market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global 2-shot injection molding market based on product, application and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global 2-shot injection molding market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the 2-shot injection molding report.
The study on the global 2-shot injection molding market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global 2-shot injection molding market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
The TMR’s report on the global 2-shot injection molding market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global 2-shot injection molding market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global 2-shot injection molding market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global 2-shot injection molding market. Readers can access the study of the global 2-shot injection molding market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global 2-shot injection molding Market: Segmentation
Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
Styrene Butadiene Rubber (SBR)
Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE)
Electrical & electronics
Middle East & Africa