Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market (Product Type: Concrete Block [Hollow, Cellular, Fully Solid, and Others], Brick [Clay, Sand Lime, Fly Ash Clay, and Others], and AAC Block) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Manufacturers Remain Resilient to Capitalize on Demand Spike Post COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a major impact on the house-building sector, while disrupting the business for developers and building product manufacturers. This has led to negative ramifications in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market, where manufacturers are now taking strategic decisions to offset the losses made in 2020. The reopening of construction sites has led to investing time and money in robust health & safety procedures and maintaining healthy surplus stock levels in the upcoming months of 2021.
Companies in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market have adopted measures to stay resilient and agile in order to maintain business continuity for mission-critical projects. They are boosting their production capacities to accommodate the potential spike in demand post the coronavirus pandemic.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
High Cost of Building Homes with Concrete Blocks Slows Down Market Growth
Concrete block homes are an efficient way to create low maintenance homes in high moisture locations. However, the cost of building homes with concrete blocks is a cost intensive procedure. Manufacturers in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market are offsetting this disadvantage with the advantage of reduction in termites and rodents coming through walls, owing to the use of other building materials such as wood.
The ever-expanding construction industry is growing at the rate of several trillions of dollars worldwide. Real estate enthusiasts make huge investments in apartments to ensure they can resist strong winds and range to the extent of resisting earthquake damage. Hence, manufacturers in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market are boosting their production capabilities in concrete blocks.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Patented, Sustainable Brick Manufacturing Technologies Create Business Opportunities for Startups
Apart from real estate tycoons, now startups are sharing the business in developing homes that stay cool during summers and warm in winters. A team of engineers from Assam, India, is gaining recognition for introducing its patented plastic embedded lightweight brick using fly ash derived from thermal power plants, waste plastic, and cement. Companies in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market should take cues from such innovators and collaborate with researchers to manufacture bricks using electric machines to lower carbon emissions in the environment.
Bricks made from fly ash derived from thermal power plants, waste plastic, and cement are relatively lightweight than conventional bricks.
Architects Unlock Business Potentials with Innovative Manufacturing Processes, Techniques in Bricks
The concrete block and brick manufacturing market is projected to reach 3,051,172 million units by 2030. Innovative brick designs and manufacturing techniques are revolutionizing the material’s capacity, whilst adding to the aesthetic appeal of materials. Different colors in bricks are giving rise to beautiful, imaginative, and versatile designs in architectural structures.
Increasing number of architects are unlocking potentials with different brick types such as water-struck, handform, and wire-cut materials. Innovative manufacturing processes and techniques are helping architects to deliver designs that excite their customers and create buildings that make a statement in their environment.
Awareness about Factory-built Option in Concrete Blocks Facilitates Efficient Insulation
In terms of volume, the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market is predicted to register a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of concrete blocks and building materials that are naturally fire resistant and can help in lowering the homeowner’s energy usage. Concrete blocks help to efficiently contain the insulation created with both warm air from the HVAC system as well as the cold air thrown from air conditioners.
Soundproof attributes and easy manufacturing of concrete blocks are advantages that are benefitting companies in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market. Manufacturers are increasing awareness about the factory-built option to facilitate efficient insulation, steel reinforcements, and other necessary additions that meet high manufacturing standards.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, companies in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market are participating in webinars that are educating architects about different possibilities in colors, textures, and finishes in bricks that add to the aesthetic appeal of building structures. Sustainable bricks made from fly ash derived from thermal power plants, waste plastic, and cement caters to the cost-efficient production of materials. In case of disasters, concrete block homes are usually cheaper to rebuild. However, concrete blocks are susceptible to water seepage over time and offer less aesthetic appeal. Hence, manufacturers should increase awareness about its advantages such as its compliance with high construction standards and sound insulation, which reduces energy bills.
Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market: Overview
- Concrete block and brick manufacturing plays a key role in the construction of commercial, residential, and industrial infrastructure. Blocks and bricks are primarily used as building materials in the construction of walls.
- Based on product type, the global concrete blocks and brick manufacturing market has been segmented into concrete block, brick, and AAC block. The concrete block segment has been sub-segmented into hollow, cellular, fully solid, and others; while the brick segment has been sub-divided into clay, sand lime, fly ash clay, and others.
Key Growth Drivers of Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
- The concrete block and brick manufacturing industry in North America has been striving to develop low pollution & high quality building materials such as AAC blocks for various end uses such as building & construction, automotive, and agriculture. The concrete block and brick manufacturing market in North America is likely to expand at a slower pace than that in Asia Pacific during the forecast period, due to low cost of bricks in Asia Pacific. This is anticipated to hamper the players operating in the concrete block and brick manufacturing market in North America. The U.S. is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the concrete block and brick manufacturing market during the forecast period, due to increase in construction activities in the country. The concrete block and brick manufacturing market in Canada is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to presence of small- and medium-sized manufacturers across the country.
- Rise in demand for traditional building materials can be primarily ascribed to growth of the global construction sector. Increase in construction and infrastructure-related activities worldwide has boosted the demand for residential, commercial, and industrial construction. This has led to consistent growth in the building materials industry. Macroeconomic factors such as growth in GDP, gradual recovery in construction expenditure in residential and non-residential sectors, and expansion in the real estate sector are projected to drive the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market in the near future.
Key Challenges for Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
- Tensile strength of concrete bricks is comparatively low. Therefore, concrete bricks cannot give ideal performance in seismic prone areas. Burnt clay bricks are commonly used in the construction of masonry building.
- Clay bricks are naturally porous and absorb water. Excessive porosity is harmful to good masonry behavior, as bricks absorb water from the adjoining mortar. This results in poor bonding between brick and mortar, thus causing difficulty in the positioning of masonry units. These factors have been adversely affecting the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market since the past few years.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
- Key players such as Wienerberger U.K., Xella Group, and General Shale Brick Inc. can focus on expanding their global footprint through strategic capital allocation and increase in production capacity
- Companies need to focus on product improvements in order to create new interest in existing products. This can help draw customers and improve the perception of the quality of products.
Asia Pacific Dominates Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific held major share of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market in 2019
- The Government of China is investing in construction of public house buildings. It is also focusing on improving healthcare facilities via the Hospital Authority’s 2020 plan. The construction sector in India has been expanding due to strong public and private investments in infrastructure and cost-reducing recent tax reforms. Various rail, airport, and commercial projects are underway in Australia. This is likely to boost the demand for concrete bricks and block manufacturing market in the near future.
- Companies operating in the concrete bricks and block manufacturing market in Latin America have established plants for concrete blocks and bricks manufacturing. This is anticipated to boost the construction material market in the region in the near future. Brazil is estimated to dominate the concrete block and brick manufacturing market in the region in the near future. Improvement of GDP of the country and increase in government spending on the construction sector are projected to propel the concrete block and brick manufacturing market in the country. This, in turn, is anticipated to augment the concrete block and brick manufacturing market in Latin America in the near future. Expansion of the building & construction sector is anticipated to drive the demand for environment-friendly AAC blocks in Latin America. This is also projected to boost the concrete block and brick manufacturing market in the region.
- The concrete block and brick manufacturing market in Europe is likely to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the presence of prominent players such as CRH Plc, Wienerberger AG, and Xella Group. Demand for concrete block and brick manufacturing is anticipated to rise in Europe in the near future due to wide usage of concrete block and brick in building homes and commercial spaces. Rise in immigration and increase in urbanization in Europe have propelled the need for local housing facilities in the region. This is expected to boost the building & construction sector in Europe in the near future. In turn, this is likely to drive the concrete block and brick manufacturing in the region. In France, introduction of large transport schemes, such as the Grand Paris Express project, is likely to propel construction activities. In Germany, the Federal Statistical Office’s statistics indicate strong growth across all sectors of construction. Shortage of land and rise in population are estimated to boost the demand for housing and commercial units in the country. The construction sector in Ireland has been expanding, owing to strong economic growth. Large numbers of commercial, residential, and student residential projects are underway in the country. This is expected to augment the concrete block and brick manufacturing market in Ireland.
Leading Players in Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
- Key players operating in the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market include
- Celanese Corporation
- BASF SE
Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the building & construction industry with respect to the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (million units).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market, wherein various developments and expansions, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
The report provides detailed information about the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which product type segment of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market?
Research Methodology – Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market.
Concrete Block and Brick Manufacturing Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market in terms of product type and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the global concrete block and brick manufacturing market.