Significant Investments by Key Companies to Propel Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- Unicameral bone cyst is a common, benign (noncancerous) bone tumor which primarily occurs in children and adolescents. The disease creates cavities within a bone which get filled with fluid. Unicameral bone cyst affects long bones, often the upper arm bone (humerus) and the thighbone (femur), although this disease can develop in any bone.
- Based on data published in National Center for Biotechnology Information, men are more prone to this disease than women, with a ratio of 3:1. Unicameral bone cysts make up 3% of the primary bone lesions.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of unicameral bone cyst drives the adoption rate of drugs for treatment. Unicameral bone cysts (UBC) most commonly occur in adolescents from birth to 20 years of age. Around 85% of UBCs occur almost exclusively in children and adolescents.
- Ongoing research activity across the world also propels the unicameral bone cyst treatment market. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is conducting a clinical trial (currently in phase 3) on the curettage procedure with puncture for the treatment of bone cyst.
- Certain risks associated with the treatment process hamper unicameral bone cyst treatment market growth. Steroid injections and bone marrow aspirate are preferred over curettage; however, this type of injection can cause infection, fracture, and reappearance of the cyst. Another most common complication is recurrence of UBC after treatment and developing a subsequent pathological fracture.
Nonoperative Treatment to Witness High Demand
- In terms of treatment type, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be bifurcated into nonoperative treatment and curettage & grafting. The nonoperative treatment segment can be classified into immobilization and aspiration/methylprednisolone acetate injection.
- The nonoperative treatment segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. Methylprednisolone acetate (MPA) injection resulted in a healing rate of 77.4%, which was comparable to bone marrow injection (77.9 %). A higher healing rate was observed with MPA injection when inner wall disruption was performed.
Specialty Clinics Segment to Witness Fastest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others
- In terms of revenue, the hospitals segment dominated the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in 2018 due to large number of procedures performed in these facilities
- The specialty clinics segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the presence of developed technologies and availability of multiple options for unicameral bone cyst treatment.
- Various players are also collaborating with medical institutions and research centers to provide educational services to health care professionals to help them enhance their skills in the therapeutic area
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Growth of the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in the region is attributed to rise in demand for minimally invasive treatments, increase in focus on patient safety as well as advancement in technologies, and established distribution channels.
- However, the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to increase in health care expenditure and improvement in health care facilities.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
The global unicameral bone cyst treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bayer AG
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Nonoperative Treatment
- Aspiration/Methylprednisolone Acetate Injection
- Curettage & Grafting
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.