Unicameral Bone Cyst: Introduction
- Unicameral bone cyst, also known as simple bone cyst, is an unaccompanied benign fluid-filled lesion that typically involves the metaphyseal-diaphyseal region of growing long bone
- Majority of unicameral bone cysts occur in the first two decades of life. The common sites of unicameral bone cyst occurrence are proximal femur and proximal humerus. Less common sites are calcaneum, ulna, tibia & fibula, and radius.
- Unicameral bone cyst is a common, benign (noncancerous) bone tumor, which primarily occurs in children and adolescents. The disease creates cavities within a bone, which get filled with fluid. Unicameral bone cyst affects long bones, often the upper arm bone (humerus) and the thighbone (femur), and it can develop in any bone.
- According to data published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, men are more prone to this disease than women, with a ratio of 3:1. Unicameral bone cysts make up 3% of the primary bone lesions.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of unicameral bone cyst drives the adoption rate of drugs for treatment. Unicameral bone cysts (UBC) most commonly occur in adolescents from birth to 20 years of age. Around 85% of UBCs occur almost exclusively in children and adolescents.
- Ongoing research activity across the world propels the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is conducting a clinical trial (currently in phase 3) on the curettage procedure with puncture for the treatment of bone cyst.
- Certain risks associated with the treatment process hamper the growth of the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market. Steroid injections and bone marrow aspirate are preferred over curettage; however, this type of injection can cause infection, fracture, and reappearance of the cyst. Another most common complication is recurrence of UBC after treatment and developing a subsequent pathological fracture.
Non-operative Treatment to be Most Attractive Segment
- In terms of treatment type, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be bifurcated into non-operative treatment and curettage & grafting
- The non-operative treatment segment can be split into immobilization and aspiration/methylprednisolone acetate injection
- The non-operative treatment segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period
- Methylprednisolone acetate (MPA) injection has a healing rate of 77.4%, which was comparable to bone marrow injection (77.9 %). A higher healing rate was observed with MPA injection when inner wall disruption was performed.
Specialty Clinics Segment to Witness Fastest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others
- The specialty clinics segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the presence of developed technologies and availability of multiple options for unicameral bone cyst treatment.
- A number of players are collaborating with medical institutions and research centers to provide educational services to health care professionals to help them enhance their skills in the therapeutic area
North America to Dominate Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market during the forecast period. Growth of the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in the region is attributed to rise in demand for minimally invasive treatments, increase in focus on patient safety as well as advancement in technologies, and established distribution channels.
- However, the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period due to increase in health care expenditure and improvement in health care facilities
Key Players Operating in Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
The global unicameral bone cyst treatment market is highly fragmented with the presence of international as well as local players. Key players operating in the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market are:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bayer AG
- Sandoz (Novartis AG)
- Sagent Pharmaceuticals
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Non-operative Treatment
- Aspiration/Methylprednisolone Acetate Injection
- Curettage & Grafting
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.