Significant Investments by Key Companies to Propel Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- Unicameral bone cyst is a common, benign (noncancerous) bone tumor which primarily occurs in children and adolescents. The disease creates cavities within a bone which get filled with fluid. Unicameral bone cyst affects long bones, often the upper arm bone (humerus) and the thighbone (femur), although this disease can develop in any bone.
- Based on data published in National Center for Biotechnology Information, men are more prone to this disease than women, with a ratio of 3:1. Unicameral bone cysts make up 3% of the primary bone lesions.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of unicameral bone cyst drives the adoption rate of drugs for treatment. Unicameral bone cysts (UBC) most commonly occur in adolescents from birth to 20 years of age. Around 85% of UBCs occur almost exclusively in children and adolescents.
- Ongoing research activity across the world also propels the unicameral bone cyst treatment market. The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is conducting a clinical trial (currently in phase 3) on the curettage procedure with puncture for the treatment of bone cyst.
- Certain risks associated with the treatment process hamper unicameral bone cyst treatment market growth. Steroid injections and bone marrow aspirate are preferred over curettage; however, this type of injection can cause infection, fracture, and reappearance of the cyst. Another most common complication is recurrence of UBC after treatment and developing a subsequent pathological fracture.
Nonoperative Treatment to Witness High Demand
- In terms of treatment type, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be bifurcated into nonoperative treatment and curettage & grafting. The nonoperative treatment segment can be classified into immobilization and aspiration/methylprednisolone acetate injection.
- The nonoperative treatment segment accounted for the largest market share in 2018. Methylprednisolone acetate (MPA) injection resulted in a healing rate of 77.4%, which was comparable to bone marrow injection (77.9 %). A higher healing rate was observed with MPA injection when inner wall disruption was performed.
Specialty Clinics Segment to Witness Fastest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be divided into hospitals, specialty clinics, and others
- In terms of revenue, the hospitals segment dominated the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in 2018 due to large number of procedures performed in these facilities
- The specialty clinics segment is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the presence of developed technologies and availability of multiple options for unicameral bone cyst treatment.
- Various players are also collaborating with medical institutions and research centers to provide educational services to health care professionals to help them enhance their skills in the therapeutic area
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global unicameral bone cyst treatment market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. Growth of the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in the region is attributed to rise in demand for minimally invasive treatments, increase in focus on patient safety as well as advancement in technologies, and established distribution channels.
- However, the unicameral bone cyst treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at the fastest growth rate during the forecast period due to increase in health care expenditure and improvement in health care facilities.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market
The global unicameral bone cyst treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bayer AG
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Nonoperative Treatment
- Aspiration/Methylprednisolone Acetate Injection
- Curettage & Grafting
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
Global Unicameral Bone Cyst Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.