Global Monoclonal Antibodies Market: Overview
Antibodies, which are proteins generated by plasma cells in response to specific antigens, is used for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), a type of mono-specific antibodies, are comprised of identical antibody molecules and are produced by a single clone of cells or cell line. Monoclonal antibodies have brought about a fundamental change in pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors and in the future too are slated to play a crucial role in clinical protocol with further development of these molecular agents. Monoclonal antibodies find application in the treatment of a variety of diseases, particularly autoimmune, cancer, and inflammatory diseases.
The global monoclonal antibodies market is characterized by the presence of numerous global and regional players and is dynamic in nature. The well-entrenched players compete with the local ones on the basis of technology, cost, and product differentiation. Buying into the promise of robust growth in the future, more players will likely try and foray into the market. However, strict guidelines surrounding the manufacture of mAbs may act as a deterrent.
The report provides a detailed analysis of the opportunities and trends in the global monoclonal antibodies market. It segments the global market based on different parameters in order to study them in depth with expert inputs from industry veterans. The report provides a detailed assessment of the prevailing vendor landscape. It also profiles the leading players operating in the market and leveraging industry-leading analytical tools, gauges the threats and opportunities that these companies may face over the course of the forecast period between 2016 and 2024.
Global Monoclonal Antibodies Market: Trends and Opportunities
Driving the growth of the global monoclonal antibodies market is the increasing prevalence of cancer and other chronic diseases. Such maladies have resulted in soaring demand for biologics, which in turn is leading to the demand for monoclonal antibodies. Rising thrust on research and development activities in genomics alongside the emergence of technologically advanced genetic platforms, such as next generation sequencing, have also majorly contributed to the market. In addition, the affordability of the technology needed for research to develop mAbs has also contributed to the growth in the market.
Other factors positively impacting the market are rising awareness among patients and physicians regarding applications of mAb therapy, unveiling of better products every now and then, growing adoption of therapeutic antibodies in cost-sensitive markets, and quick approval by regulatory authorities for breakthrough therapies. Going forward, swift approvals of blockbuster mAbs for different indications, is further slated to up their usage. For example, popular drugs such as Herceptin, Avastin, Rituxan, and Remicade on the back of FDA approval for treating Crohn's disease, cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, ulcerative colitis, etc. would further boost the market.
One drawback of drugs formulated from mAbs is that they are very specific in nature and have limited targets. This is because they just interact with cells and do not penetrate them. This to some extent has hampered the global monoclonal antibodies market. Another difficulty in using mAbs is that they need to be injected unlike small molecule drugs.
Global Monoclonal Antibodies Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global market for monoclonal antibodies can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Among them, North America holds a dominant position in the market on account of the presence of well-established healthcare infrastructure, increased emphasis by the government for infection control and management, and increasing prevalence of lifestyle-related diseases. In the near future, the market will continue on its upward trajectory due increased funding by the government for cancer research and technology development.
Going forward, Asia Pacific is also predicted exhibit considerable growth owing to rising spending power of the people in the region along with increasing spend on research and development and growing patient awareness pertaining to the therapeutic use of mAbs. By dint of being underpenetrated too, the Asia Pacific market holds out a promise of robust growth.
Companies Mentioned in Report
To present an in-depth assessment of the competition prevailing in the market, the report profiles companies such as Roche, Eli Lilly, Genentech, Pfizer, and Biogen Idec. The report not just profiles such leading players, but also brings to the fore their strengths and weaknesses.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.