Ultrafast Rectifiers: Introduction
- Ultrafast rectifiers are semiconductor devices that are integrated in application devices or systems. These have low forward voltage with ultrafast reverse recovery.
- Ultrafast rectifiers have the lowest forward voltage (Vf). Therefore, they are ideal for low switching frequency applications and applications without strict EMI requirement.
- Ultrafast rectifiers deliver features such as ultrafast switching, high voltage, low thermal resistance, and reduced switching and conduction losses
- Ultrafast rectifiers are largely used in systems such as inverters, AC adapters, TVs, AC/DC power supplies, and electric vehicles (EVs), owing to their high voltage and ultrafast switching
Key Drivers of Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market
- Rise in usage of ultrafast rectifiers in lighting ballasts is the key factor expected to drive the ultrafast rectifiers market during the forecast period
- The digital revolution has brought about smart lighting systems and controls in the lighting industry. Thus, demand for electronic ballasts with embedded intelligence has increased globally.
- Increase in electrification and automation of automobiles has boosted the demand for ultrafast rectifiers across the globe
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Commercial end-use industry Segment to Expand Significantly
- In terms of end-use industry, the global ultrafast rectifiers market can be divided into automotive, industrial, commercial, consumer, and others
- The commercial segment is estimated to expand at a significant pace during he forecast period owing to the rise in usage of ultrafast rectifiers in various commercial products including TVs, adapters, and computers
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market
- In terms of region, the global ultrafast rectifiers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The ultrafast rectifiers market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the presence of several foundries, outsourced semiconductor assembly, and test vendors in the region.
- Growth in production of electric vehicles and increase in investments in research & development by governments and manufacturers to meet the high demand for innovative products are projected to propel the ultrafast rectifiers market in Asia Pacific
- The ultrafast rectifiers market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. The market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global ultrafast rectifiers market was highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for major market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on advanced designs to meet the rising demand for ultrafast rectifiers. Furthermore, manufacturers are increasing their investments in research and development activities for the development of further user-friendly, innovative, and miniaturized products.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key players operating in the global ultrafast rectifiers market are:
- STMicroelectronic N.V.
- Diodes Incorporated
- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
- Littelfuse, Inc.
- ON Semiconductor Corporation
- MACOM Technology Solutions Holdings, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies Ag
- Microsemi Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Toshiba International Corporation
- SMC Diode Solutions Co. LTD
- New Jersey Semiconductor
Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market: Research Scope
Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market, by Configuration
- Common Anode
- Common Cathode
- Single Die
Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market, by Mounting
- Surface Mount
- Through Hole
Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market, by Voltage Range
- Below 200V
- 200V -600V
- 601V -800V
- Above 800V
Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market, by End-user
Global Ultrafast Rectifiers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.