Tactile Sensor: Introduction
- A tactile sensor is a device that measures information arising from physical and mechanical interaction with its environment.
- These sensors are sensitive to touch, pressure, force, light, and voice.
- Various types of tactile sensors include resistive tactile sensors, capacitive tactile sensors, piezoelectric tactile sensors, piezoresistive tactile sensors, inductive tactile sensors, and optoelectric tactile sensors.
- Tactile sensors are used in automotive, oil & gas, machines and robots in healthcare, consumer electronics, telecommunication, aerospace, and other industries.
Rise in Demand for Consumer Electronics
- Tactile sensors are largely used in consumer electronics applications, due to rising integration of touch panels across various electronics applications such as smartphones, laptops, tablets, ATM machines, office equipment, automatic electronic devices, automated doors, electronic security systems, elevators, lamps, smart TVs, etc., which are anticipated to drive the rapid growth of tactile sensors.
- Technology advancement and latest trends in smart electronics devices including touch sensitivity, voice sensitivity, light sensitivity, and pressure sensitivity is also responsible for the growth of the market.
- Some unbeatable properties of tactile sensors, for instance, high accuracy, superior sensitivity, higher measurement accuracy, greater durability, and easy operability also accelerates market growth.
- Capacitive tactile sensors account for dominant share in the global tactile sensors market, due to growing use of capacitive sensors in robotics, healthcare, and in the automotive sector. Growing technological developments and advancement in sensor features also provide a competitive edge to key market players operating in the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Tactile Sensor Market
- In terms of region, the global tactile sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global tactile sensor market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of tactile sensors operate in the region.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to remain the largest consumer of tactile sensors owing to a growing industrial base in developing nations such as China and India in the region and rising proliferation of the consumer electronics industry. Additionally, many well-established players based in Asia Pacific are focusing on development of new technology in tactile sensors which is expected to boost the tactile sensors market in the region during the forecast period.
- The tactile sensor market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Tactile sensor Market
The global tactile sensor market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for tactile sensors. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global tactile sensor market include:
- Annon Piezo Technology Co. Ltd
- APC International Ltd.
- Cirque Corporation
- Pressure Profile Systems
- Sensor Products Inc.
- Weiss Robotics
- Tacterion GmbH
- Weiss Corporation
- Airmar technology corporation
- Barrett Technology
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Tactile Sensor Market, Request for a Sample
Global Tactile Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Tactile Sensor Market, by Type
- Resistive Tactile Sensors
- Capacitive Tactile Sensors
- Piezoelectric Tactile Sensors
- Piezoresistive Tactile Sensors
- Inductive Tactile Sensors
- Optoelectric Tactile Sensors
- Others (Magnetic, ultrasonic, etc.)
Global Tactile Sensor Market, by End-user
- Consumer Electronics
- Oil & Gas
Global Tactile Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.