Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors: Introduction
- A board-to-board (BTB) connector is a device that provides a reliable signal connection between two PCB i.e. printed circuit boards. BTB connectors are used in several applications that require a significant level of contact reliability. These include data centers, medical devices, wearable devices, mobile phones, and security systems.
- Board-to-board connectors are designed to connect two PCBs without using cables. BTB connectors come with multiple types of pitch i.e. spacing between pins of connectors. Pitches range from 0.8 mm to 5.8 mm in size. Smaller pitches imply smaller size of the connector. Furthermore, the current carrying capacity of smaller-sized board-to-board connectors is also low.
- Moreover, board-to-board connectors come with various ranges of orientation i.e. U-shaped, horizontal, perpendicular, and parallel
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive report sample
Growing Number of Data Centers Worldwide Propelling Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market
- A data center is a highly critical facility, wherein organizations place their important data as well as applications. A data center primarily consists of a network of several computers and other resources for information sharing.
- Increase in the number of data centers has been observed across the globe over the last few years, owing to emergence of various social media networking sites, cloud services, high-end games, HD video streaming, and the 5G technology. Currently, data centers are constantly being upgraded technologically in order to support the large volume of data traffic generated by the above-mentioned applications.
- Board-to-board connectors offer trustworthy connections in data center storage, which involve high-speed data transmission and computing
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of board-to-board (BTB) connectors operate in the region, which are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products used in multiple applications. Countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India contribute to the major market share of the region. Furthermore, expanding presence of players in the consumer electronics sector and steadily growing automotive industry in the region, especially in China, are expected to boost the market for board-to-board (BTB) connectors in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The board-to-board (BTB) connectors market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. The market is these regions is propelled by increasing industrial automation in countries such as the U.S., Germany, France, and the U.K. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and development of new products to meet the risen demand for board-to-board (BTB) connectors.
Key players operating in the global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market are:
- TE Connectivity
- Molex, LLC
- Amphenol ICC
- ERNI Deutschland GmbH
- AirBorn, Inc.
- CSCONN Precise Electronics Co., Ltd.
- KYOCERA Corporation
- OMRON Corporation
- Panasonic Electric Works Europe AG
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market: Research Scope
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Application
- Rotation Detection
- Position Detection
- Open–Close Detection
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Mounting Method
- Through Hole
- SMT (Surface Mount Technology)
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by End-use Industry
- IT & Telecommunication
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Type
- Pin Header
- Elevated Pin Header
- Elevated Socket
- Shrouded Header
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Number of Rows
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.