Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors: Introduction
- A board-to-board (BTB) connector is a device that provides a reliable signal connection between two PCB i.e. printed circuit boards. BTB connectors are used in several applications that require a significant level of contact reliability. These include data centers, medical devices, wearable devices, mobile phones, and security systems.
- Board-to-board connectors are designed to connect two PCBs without using cables. BTB connectors come with multiple types of pitch i.e. spacing between pins of connectors. Pitches range from 0.8 mm to 5.8 mm in size. Smaller pitches imply smaller size of the connector. Furthermore, the current carrying capacity of smaller-sized board-to-board connectors is also low.
- Moreover, board-to-board connectors come with various ranges of orientation i.e. U-shaped, horizontal, perpendicular, and parallel
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive report sample
Growing Number of Data Centers Worldwide Propelling Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market
- A data center is a highly critical facility, wherein organizations place their important data as well as applications. A data center primarily consists of a network of several computers and other resources for information sharing.
- Increase in the number of data centers has been observed across the globe over the last few years, owing to emergence of various social media networking sites, cloud services, high-end games, HD video streaming, and the 5G technology. Currently, data centers are constantly being upgraded technologically in order to support the large volume of data traffic generated by the above-mentioned applications.
- Board-to-board connectors offer trustworthy connections in data center storage, which involve high-speed data transmission and computing
Asia Pacific to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of board-to-board (BTB) connectors operate in the region, which are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products used in multiple applications. Countries such as China, Japan, South Korea, and India contribute to the major market share of the region. Furthermore, expanding presence of players in the consumer electronics sector and steadily growing automotive industry in the region, especially in China, are expected to boost the market for board-to-board (BTB) connectors in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The board-to-board (BTB) connectors market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. The market is these regions is propelled by increasing industrial automation in countries such as the U.S., Germany, France, and the U.K. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and development of new products to meet the risen demand for board-to-board (BTB) connectors.
Key players operating in the global board-to-board (BTB) connectors market are:
- TE Connectivity
- Molex, LLC
- Amphenol ICC
- ERNI Deutschland GmbH
- AirBorn, Inc.
- CSCONN Precise Electronics Co., Ltd.
- KYOCERA Corporation
- OMRON Corporation
- Panasonic Electric Works Europe AG
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market: Research Scope
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Application
- Rotation Detection
- Position Detection
- Open–Close Detection
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Mounting Method
- Through Hole
- SMT (Surface Mount Technology)
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by End-use Industry
- IT & Telecommunication
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Type
- Pin Header
- Elevated Pin Header
- Elevated Socket
- Shrouded Header
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Number of Rows
Global Board-to-board (BTB) Connectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.