DC-DC Converters Market
The rising need for cost effective and high performance electronic modules, increasing implementation of internet of things or IoT technology, and improvements made in surgical devices for digital power management and control are projected to boost the expansion of the global DC-DC converters market. A DC-DC converter refers to an electrical circuit that converts a direct current (DC) source into a different level of voltage. They assist in boosting the voltage from a partially depleted battery whilst conserving space. The voltage output is also regulated using DC to DC converters, which is likely to augur well for the market in the years to come.
A constant increase in the utilization of DC-DC converters across the railroads sector, as well as a rising demand for DC-DC converters in electric cars, are some of the current trends projected to influence the growth of the global DC-DC converters market. In the coming years, both Malaysia and India intend to select frequency bands to roll out 5G communication networks in their respective nations. Advance features in vehicles, such as LED lighting, V2X communication modules, advanced driver-assistance system (ADAS) technology, and connectivity modules are likely to boost the global DC-DC converter market in the years to come.
DC-DC Converter Market: Introduction
- A DC-DC converter is an electromechanical device that changes direct current (DC) source from one voltage level to another. In most appliances where a constant voltage is required, a DC power supply is used.
- Power ranges from very low to very high in a DC-DC converter. They are used in various devices such as computers, laptops, cellular phones, spacecraft power systems, buses, and lighting systems. The power is primarily supplied to a device through batteries.
- These devices are connected to batteries where the customer requires voltage level translation. Generally, DC-DC converters are available in two types, isolated DC-DC converter and non-isolated DC-DC converter.
- Forward converter, fly back converter, full bridge converter, half bridge converter, and push-pull converter are some of the commonly used isolated DC-DC converters. Boost converter, buck converter, and buck-boost converter are some of the commonly used non-isolated DC-DC converters.
Rise in Demand for DC-DC Converter in Defense, Telecommunication, and Automotive Industry
- Incorporation of advance features in automobiles such as advanced driver-assistance system (ADAS) technology, connectivity module, V2X communication module, and LED lighting are strengthening the growth of the DC-DC converter market.
- In automotive applications, the DC-DC converter offers switch-mode power supplies (SMPS) for engine control unit for body, safety, and power train units. The DC-DC converter market is anticipated to witness prominent growth during the forecast period due to increase in number of data centers which demand energy efficiency and high performance.
- Furthermore, in the defense & aerospace industry, the design of DC-DC converters has undergone transformation due to several silent technology drivers over the last decade. New military and aerospace programs, airborne drones, homeland security, and future warrior technologies are all striving for lightweight, low-cost, and highly reliable electronic packages that are offered by DC-DC converters.
- DC-DC converters are also used in military vehicles for various applications such as autonomous vehicle computing, mobile security equipment, and vision systems. Considering all these factors, demand for DC-DC converters is expected to rise in the coming years.
- Furthermore, the development of DC-DC converters with the help of high switching frequency is expected to offer prominent growth opportunities to the global DC-DC converter market.
North America to Lead the Global DC-DC Converter Market
- In terms of region, the global DC-DC converter market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America has the dominant share in the global DC-DC converter market due to the extensive adoption of and demand for DC-DC converters from nearly all major industry verticals. North America will lead the market due to the presence of resources required for the implementation of DC-DC converters in the region.
- The telecom industry in Asia Pacific countries such as China, Japan South Korea, and Singapore are focusing on upgrading their network infrastructure to boost 5G infrastructure that will ultimately boost the demand for 5G-enabled devices and drive the market.
- Increased disbursements of enterprises toward research and development in South America and the Middle East would expand the market growth across the regions.
Key Players in the Global DC-DC Converter Market Include:
- General Electric
- Infineon Technologies
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Delta Electronics, Inc.
- Vicor Corporation
- ST Microelectronics
- ON Semiconductor.
Global DC-DC Converter Market, Research Scope
Global DC-DC Converter Market, by Product Type
- Isolated DC-DC Converters
- Non-isolated DC-DC Converters
Global DC-DC Converter Market, by Input Voltage
Global DC-DC Converter Market, by Output Power
Global DC-DC Converter Market, by Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Power
Global DC-DC Converter Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.