Global Shunt Capacitor Market: Introduction
- A shunt capacitor is used in a power system across the supply and load line to provide leading load
- It helps release the power system capacity; reduce; the line and transformer loss; improves voltage profile; and supports reactive power and savings
- The global shunt capacitor market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increased demand for shunt capacitors for use in applications such as smart grids, transmission and distribution utilities, transport and infrastructure, renewable energy, power generation, and industrial
Key Drivers of Global Shunt Capacitor Market
- Exponentially growing urbanization and rising population have increased the demand for power generation, telecommunications, infrastructure and mass transportation. This, in turn, is anticipated to augment the demand for power transmission and distribution infrastructure in the near future.
- Growth of the residential & commercial construction sector and rise in investments for the development of railways and other transportation infrastructure are expected to drive the global shunt capacitor market during the forecast period
- Companies operating in the global shunt capacitor market are investing to expand their product portfolios as well as distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers and acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to meet the increasing demand for shunt capacitors in different regions.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Middle East & Africa to Offer Attractive Opportunities to Shunt Capacitor Market
- The shunt capacitor market in Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at the most rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing investments in the development of new infrastructure in the region.
- The Middle East & Africa region consists of countries with consumers having high purchasing power such as Qatar, the UAE, and Saudi Arabia. Rapid expansion of cities and infrastructure development in these countries are expected to positively impact the shunt capacitor market in Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Investments in Modernized Power Grid Infrastructure to Drive Global Market
- The global power industry is significantly transforming, with increasing demand for reliable and efficient power supply, implementation of sustainability policies, and emergence of new technologies fueling the modernization of grid and power infrastructure
- Furthermore, rise in the demand for modernized and upgraded power grids is boosting the global shunt capacitor market
- In addition to this, increasing concerns about environment and initiatives by various governments across the world are expected to increase investments in the renewable energy generation during the forecast period
- This spike in the development of modern power grid infrastructure is estimated to raise the demand for shunt capacitors during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Shunt Capacitor Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of shunt capacitors, followed by North America and Europe. China, India, and Japan are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, these countries account for a major share of the market for shunt capacitors in the region.
- Increase in the demand for shunt capacitors in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continued urbanization and development of infrastructure in the region
- In Asia Pacific, preference for sustainable and renewable energy is increasing. This, in turn, is expected to boost the market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global shunt capacitor market is highly consolidated, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global shunt capacitor market are:
- ABB Ltd.
- Siemens AG
- General Electric Company
- Eaton Corporation Plc
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd
- Magnewin Energy Pvt. Ltd.
- Motif Electric Limited
- Globe Capacitors Ltd
- TDK Electronics AG
- Schneider Electric SE
Global Shunt Capacitor Market: Research Scope
Global Shunt Capacitor Market, by Voltage
- Low Voltage
- Medium Voltage
- High Voltage
Global Shunt Capacitor Market, by End-user
- Transmission and Distribution Utilities
- Transport & Infrastructure
- Renewable Energy
- Power Generation
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.