Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market: Introduction
- Therapeutic proteins are proteins which are engineered in a laboratory for pharmaceutical use. Therapeutic proteins are used as a personalized treatment approach which supports a precisely targeted therapeutic process by making up for the deficiency of an essential protein.
- Therapeutic proteins are deliberately adjusted to increase their clinical potential which is followed by enhancements derived from protein or glycol engineering, Fc fusion, or conjugation to polyethylene glycol
- Therapeutic proteins are used in treatment of a variety of disorders and are essential for people whose bodies cannot produce or break down some essential proteins naturally
- Protein therapeutics consist of using specific amounts of protein delivery to the body which helps in accurate functioning of different glands and other organs in the body
- Metabolic disorders may be caused by a missing enzyme or vitamin that is essential for a vital chemical reaction, abnormal chemical reactions that hinder metabolic processes, nutritional deficiencies, or a disease in the organs involved in metabolism such as liver, pancreas, and endocrine glands
- Protein therapeutics play an essential role in treatment of a range of metabolic disorders such as diabetes, Thyroid disorders, Gaucher’s disease, Glucose galactose malabsorption, Phenylketonuria, Hereditary hemochromatosis, Hunter syndrome, Krabbe disease, and Wilson’s disease
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market
Rise in Incidence of Metabolic Diseases
- Increase in incidence of metabolic diseases is anticipated to drive the therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market. Diabetes is the most common metabolic disorder which has risen in terms of incidence rates across the world. For instance, as per the World Health Organization, number of people with diabetes increased from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. Such instances fuel the growth of therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment.
Minimum Risk of Side Effects by Using Therapeutic Proteins
- Less risk of side effects by using therapeutic proteins boost the growth of therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment. The risk of side effects is lower compared to other forms of pharmaceutical drugs. For instance, using therapeutic proteins such as insulin for diabetes treatment has lower side effects as compared to other forms of treatments used for diabetes. This factor combined with increase in awareness regarding the benefits of this treatment drives the market.
Development of Plasma-derived Therapies
- Development of plasma derived therapies is anticipated to drive the therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market. Plasma-derived therapies replace deficient proteins and help increase health and productivity among individuals. Plasma-derived therapies are used to treat various conditions including a variety of metabolic disorders. Since plasma-derived therapies use therapeutic proteins for treatment, it is expected to drive the market.
North America to Dominate Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market
- North America accounts for majority of share of the global therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market. The major share can be attributed to technological advancements in health care, high investment in research & development of biologics, rise in incidence of metabolic diseases such as diabetes and thyroid disorders, and high awareness among the population about the benefits of biologic drugs and therapeutic proteins treatment.
- Furthermore, in North America, the growing success rate of biologics drugs and protein therapeutics and their high demand have resulted in large capital investment for the expansion of commercial biologics manufacturing capacities by top pharmaceutical companies
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period due to the large population in China and India, high incidence of metabolic disorders such as diabetes and thyroid disorders, increase in awareness about protein therapeutic treatment and its benefits, and rise in investments in research and development
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market Report
Key Players operating in Global Market
- The global therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market is concentrated due to presence of few major players in the market
- Demand of therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment has increased in both emerging and developed markets. This has resulted in a surge in number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market include:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Merck KGaA
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market: Research Scope
- The global therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market can be segmented on the basis of type, mode of action, indications and region
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Peptide Fragments
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Mode of Action
- IGF Binding Proteins
- Anti-diabetic Agents
- Immunosuppressive Agents
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Indication
- Thyroid Disease
- Gaucher’s Disease
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis
- Wilson’s Disease
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.