Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market: Introduction
- Therapeutic proteins are proteins which are engineered in a laboratory for pharmaceutical use. Therapeutic proteins are used as a personalized treatment approach which supports a precisely targeted therapeutic process by making up for the deficiency of an essential protein.
- Therapeutic proteins are deliberately adjusted to increase their clinical potential which is followed by enhancements derived from protein or glycol engineering, Fc fusion, or conjugation to polyethylene glycol
- Therapeutic proteins are used in treatment of a variety of disorders and are essential for people whose bodies cannot produce or break down some essential proteins naturally
- Protein therapeutics consist of using specific amounts of protein delivery to the body which helps in accurate functioning of different glands and other organs in the body
- Metabolic disorders may be caused by a missing enzyme or vitamin that is essential for a vital chemical reaction, abnormal chemical reactions that hinder metabolic processes, nutritional deficiencies, or a disease in the organs involved in metabolism such as liver, pancreas, and endocrine glands
- Protein therapeutics play an essential role in treatment of a range of metabolic disorders such as diabetes, Thyroid disorders, Gaucher’s disease, Glucose galactose malabsorption, Phenylketonuria, Hereditary hemochromatosis, Hunter syndrome, Krabbe disease, and Wilson’s disease
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market
Rise in Incidence of Metabolic Diseases
- Increase in incidence of metabolic diseases is anticipated to drive the therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market. Diabetes is the most common metabolic disorder which has risen in terms of incidence rates across the world. For instance, as per the World Health Organization, number of people with diabetes increased from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. Such instances fuel the growth of therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment.
Minimum Risk of Side Effects by Using Therapeutic Proteins
- Less risk of side effects by using therapeutic proteins boost the growth of therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment. The risk of side effects is lower compared to other forms of pharmaceutical drugs. For instance, using therapeutic proteins such as insulin for diabetes treatment has lower side effects as compared to other forms of treatments used for diabetes. This factor combined with increase in awareness regarding the benefits of this treatment drives the market.
Development of Plasma-derived Therapies
- Development of plasma derived therapies is anticipated to drive the therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market. Plasma-derived therapies replace deficient proteins and help increase health and productivity among individuals. Plasma-derived therapies are used to treat various conditions including a variety of metabolic disorders. Since plasma-derived therapies use therapeutic proteins for treatment, it is expected to drive the market.
North America to Dominate Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market
- North America accounts for majority of share of the global therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market. The major share can be attributed to technological advancements in health care, high investment in research & development of biologics, rise in incidence of metabolic diseases such as diabetes and thyroid disorders, and high awareness among the population about the benefits of biologic drugs and therapeutic proteins treatment.
- Furthermore, in North America, the growing success rate of biologics drugs and protein therapeutics and their high demand have resulted in large capital investment for the expansion of commercial biologics manufacturing capacities by top pharmaceutical companies
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during the forecast period due to the large population in China and India, high incidence of metabolic disorders such as diabetes and thyroid disorders, increase in awareness about protein therapeutic treatment and its benefits, and rise in investments in research and development
Key Players operating in Global Market
- The global therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market is concentrated due to presence of few major players in the market
- Demand of therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment has increased in both emerging and developed markets. This has resulted in a surge in number of distributors and suppliers in emerging markets. Some of the key players operating in the global market include:
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Eli Lilly & Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Pfizer Inc.
- Bristol Myers Squibb Company
- Merck KGaA
- Amgen Inc.
- Novartis AG
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market: Research Scope
- The global therapeutic proteins for metabolic disorders treatment market can be segmented on the basis of type, mode of action, indications and region
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Peptide Fragments
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Mode of Action
- IGF Binding Proteins
- Anti-diabetic Agents
- Immunosuppressive Agents
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Indication
- Thyroid Disease
- Gaucher’s Disease
- Hereditary Hemochromatosis
- Wilson’s Disease
Global Therapeutic Proteins for Metabolic Disorders Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.