Status Epilepticus Treatment: Introduction
- Epilepsy is categorized as a chronic disease of the brain and continues to affect millions of individuals across the world
- Prevalence of epilepsy is marginally higher in men compared to women; however, it affects individuals from all age groups. The prevalence of focal seizures is higher than generalized seizures in children and adults.
- The prevalence of epileptic seizures is higher in low- to middle-income countries, which drives the demand for epileptic seizure treatment is developing countries
- Major factors responsible for the high prevalence of epileptic seizures in developing countries are acute symptomatic seizures, misdiagnosis, and lack of advanced medical infrastructure
Key Drivers of Global Status Epilepticus Treatment Market
- Epilepsy has emerged as a critical cause of mortality and disability across the world. Hence, considerable attention has been given to the development and discovery of new status epilepticus treatment. This is projected to drive the global status epilepticus treatment market during the forecast period.
- Presently, players involved in the status epilepticus treatment market are increasingly focusing on reducing the burden of status epilepticus treatment, improving access to existing status epilepticus treatments, and development of new vaccines and drugs particularly in the low/middle-income countries.
- Rise in prevalence of status epilepticus and acute repetitive seizures is the major factor boosting the growth of the global status epilepticus treatment market. Additionally, introduction of novel drug treatments and route of administration for status epilepticus fuel the growth of the global status epilepticus treatment market.
Convulsive Status Epilepticus Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of type, the global status epilepticus treatment market can be bifurcated into convulsive status epilepticus and non-convulsive status epilepticus
- The convulsive status epilepticus segment accounted for the largest market share in 2019 owing to significant use of status epilepticus treatment for convulsion or tonic-clonic seizures
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global status epilepticus treatment market can be categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, home care settings, and others
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for major share of the global status epilepticus treatment market by 2030 due to increase in hospitalization for epilepsy surgeries
North America to Offer Significant Opportunities in Status Epilepticus Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global status epilepticus treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for major share of the global market in 2019 owing to increase in incidence of epilepsy. Epilepsy affects nearly 2.5 million people in the U.S., and results in an estimated annual health care cost of US$ 15.5 Bn.
- The status epilepticus treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to high prevalence of epilepsy in India and China, increase in penetration due to better market access options in China, and expected approval of drugs with novel mechanisms.
Key Players Operating in Global Status Epilepticus Treatment Market
The global status epilepticus treatment market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global status epilepticus treatment market are:
- SAGE Therapeutics
- Marinus Pharmaceuticals
- H. Lundbeck
- CURx Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Sanofi S.A.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Johnson & Johnson
Global Status Epilepticus Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Status Epilepticus Treatment Market, by Type
- Convulsive Status Epilepticus
- Non-convulsive Status Epilepticus
Global Status Epilepticus Treatment Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Home Care Settings
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.