Soyasaponins Market: Definition
- Saponins are triterpenoid or steroid glycosides naturally occurring in plants and some marine organisms. Relatively high concentrations of saponins have been found in soybeans and soy products.
- Soyasaponins have been widely considered as major active components contributing to the cholesterol-lowering effect of soy products.
- Soyasaponins have the ability to protect fibroblast cells from oxidative damage. They possess health-promoting properties including lowering plasma cholesterol, anti-carcinogenic and hepato-protective effects.
- Soyasaponin is used as a dietary supplement and food ingredient. Soyasaponin is employed to prepare medicines from licorice.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Soyasaponins Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Group A segment to lead the market
- Soyasaponins by material is segmented into Group-A soyasaponins and the monodesmosidic Group-B soyasaponins. Whole soybean seeds contain about 60% to 75% of Group-B soyasaponins and 25% to 40% of Group-A soyasaponins by weight. Group-B soyasaponins inhibit the replication of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and infection in vitro.
Key drivers of soyasaponins market
- Increasing use of herbal products and rising awareness among people, regarding the benefits of herbal products, are likely to drive the global soyasaponins market during the forecast period
- Awareness about health is rising among people, due to increasing disposable income and growing urbanization
- Soyasaponins offer health benefits as they boost the immune system and reduce the risk of cancer. Increasing population in countries such as China and India is likely to boost the soyasaponins market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- Soyasaponin are generally used in food additives. Expansion of the food additives industry due to increasing disposable income of citizens especially in developing countries, and shift toward a more comfortable lifestyle among the population are likely to propel the soyasaponin market.
- Processed and packaged foods are witnessing a major boost during the forecast period. Manufacturers are emphasizing on the quality of food, including its color, texture, taste, and odor, which is anticipated to boost the food additives industry. Consequently, the food additives industry is propelling the soyasaponin market.
- The adoption of additives reduce the spoilage and wastage cost and additives increases the nutrition value of the food, which is a major factor driving the food additives industry. This, in turn, is projected to fuel the global soyasaponin market during the forecast period.
- Expansion of the increasing sales of food & groceries through the online channel is also a major channel for retailers, and the complex food supply chain is driving food manufacturers to use effective levels of food additives. Therefore, rising demand for food additives is boosting the soyasaponins market.
- Expansion of economies across the globe, changing lifestyles and rising demand for skin and sun care products due to varying climatic conditions are driving the cosmetics industry. Expanding demand for industry is driving the soyasaponin market, as soyasaponin is mostly used in cosmetics.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Soyasaponins Market here
Asia Pacific expected to hold large share of the global soyasaponins market
- Asia Pacific is a major market for soyasaponin. Saponin is found in large quantities in Asia Pacific and is used by fishermen.
- In China saponin industry is mainly concentrated and has low technology barrier. Thus the saponins industry is anticipated to drive the soyasaponins market.
- In Asia Pacific rising awareness about high nutritional diet and increasing need to impart ethnic taste are playing a key role in accelerating demand for the food additives industry, which in turn is boosting the soyasaponin market in the region.
- Bouncing bet, clematis, and yucca are three common plants with significant saponin content and are widely found in North America. North America is the leading manufacture industry for color cosmetics and beauty products and soyasaponin is extensively utilized in cosmetics.
- Pharmaceutical is also a major industry in North America, and soyasaponin is widely employed in the preparation of medicines. These factors are likely to boost the soyasaponin market in North America during the forecast period.
- Rising awareness about natural and functional food additives among consumers in North America, due to their nutritional functionalities, is fueling the food additives industry, thereby boosting the soyasaponins market in the region.
- In terms of demand, Europe follows North America. Europe is a major market for cosmetics and soyasaponin is widely used in cosmetics. This is anticipated to drive the soyasaponins market in the region during the forecast period.
- Rising demand for convenience and organic products is expected to fuel the demand for food additives in Europe. Increasing awareness about diseases and rising health consciousness among the general populace is driving the food additives market, which in turn is boosting the soyasaponin market in the region.
- The pharmaceutical industry in Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This, in turn, is projected to fuel the soyasaponin market in the region. Demand for medicines in Middle East & Africa is increasing rapidly, due to rapid increase in population of the region.
Key players operating in the Soyasaponins market
The soyasaponins market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 45% to 50% share of the global market. Key players operating in the soyasaponins market include
- Biorbyt Ltd
- Shaanxi Guanjie Technology Co., Ltd.
- HERBSENS CHINA LTD.
- Yan'an Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Soyasaponins Market: Research Scope
Global Soyasaponins Market, by Material
- Group A
- Group B
Global Soyasaponins Market, by Application
- Food additives
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.