Self-Retracting Lifelines Market: Introduction
- Self-retracting lifelines are used as a part of the fall arrest system. Self-retracting lifelines have an internal braking system. In case of a fall the braking system disperses the energy of the fall over a short distance. Self-retracting lifelines are utilized in industries where workers need to perform task at heights.
- They are also employed to perform stunts in the entertainment industry. Self-retracting lifelines are utilized in manufacturing and mining industries too. Demand for self-retracting lifelines is projected to rise at a rapid pace by 2027, owing to the expansion of its end-use industries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key drivers and restraints of global self-retracting lifelines market
- Earlier people needed to carry out tasks at heights used harnesses or ropes and knots to secure themselves. Over time, body belts and harnesses witnessed considerable improvement in terms of design and safety. These harnesses or body belts were made of leather and cotton, while presently they are made from polyester, which is durable and comfortable.
- Self-retracting lifelines are used to provide a degree of control and safety when operating at heights. Latest self-retracting lifelines uses internal pawl and brake hub design. SRLs are designed to absorb shock and most of the latest SRLs are built with friction control mechanism for smoother stop, wherein the fall force is distributed to the user’s body via the body harness.
- In 2012, a new standard was released by American National Standards Institutes for SRLs. Since then SRLs have been divided into two classes: Class A and Class B. SRLs that are currently being utilized are lighter, smaller, and inexpensive.
- Specialty self-retracting lifelines are designed by materials that can be exposed to heat sources, such as welding flames, which is estimated to witness substantial demand from aerospace, automotive and construction industries during the forecast period.
- Rising urbanization and expansion of the industrial sector and entertainment industry are expected to drive the demand for self-retracting lifelines significantly, across the world, during the forecast period
- In May 2019, Pure Safety Group launched three new SRLs that exceed ANSI standards. Such product innovations are expected to improve safety standards.
- In August 2019, 3M Fall Protection announced stop and product recall of its SRLs due to a technical glitch and improper function of energy absorber, which would lead to concerns about workers’ health. These instances prompted enactment of stringent regulations on approval of SRLs, which in turn is likely to restrain the global self-retracting lifelines market to a certain extent in the next few years.
- Development of products that can be easily used on leading edges is projected to offer significant opportunity to the market. This is because leading edges lack overhead anchor points to tie fall protection equipment.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, ask for a customized report
Global Market for Self-Retracting Lifelines: Analysis
- In terms of region, the global self-retracting lifelines market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America and Europe is expected to dominate the Self – Retracting Lifelines market during the forecast period.
- Leading manufacturers of self-retracting lifelines have extensive distribution networks along with deep product penetration. Safety equipment manufacturers have been increasing their presence globally, ever since the onset of globalization.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Manufacturers are focused on providing durable, comfortable, and lighter products. Manufacturers emphasize on R&D to provide SRLs that are suitable for all applications and working conditions.
The global self-retracting lifelines market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Adela Enterprise Co., Ltd
- Rigid Lifelines Inc.,
- XSPlatforms B.V.
- Lift-It Mfg. Inc.,MSA
- Pure Safety Group
- ABS Safety
- Elk River
- Miller Fall Protection
- Lift Safety
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market: Research Scope
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Product
- Class A
- Class B
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Lifeline length
- 6 ft.
- 11 ft.
- 20 ft.
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Application
- Steel Production
- Building Maintenance & Cleaning
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.