Self-Retracting Lifelines Market: Introduction
- Self-retracting lifelines are used as a part of the fall arrest system. Self-retracting lifelines have an internal braking system. In case of a fall the braking system disperses the energy of the fall over a short distance. Self-retracting lifelines are utilized in industries where workers need to perform task at heights.
- They are also employed to perform stunts in the entertainment industry. Self-retracting lifelines are utilized in manufacturing and mining industries too. Demand for self-retracting lifelines is projected to rise at a rapid pace by 2027, owing to the expansion of its end-use industries.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key drivers and restraints of global self-retracting lifelines market
- Earlier people needed to carry out tasks at heights used harnesses or ropes and knots to secure themselves. Over time, body belts and harnesses witnessed considerable improvement in terms of design and safety. These harnesses or body belts were made of leather and cotton, while presently they are made from polyester, which is durable and comfortable.
- Self-retracting lifelines are used to provide a degree of control and safety when operating at heights. Latest self-retracting lifelines uses internal pawl and brake hub design. SRLs are designed to absorb shock and most of the latest SRLs are built with friction control mechanism for smoother stop, wherein the fall force is distributed to the user’s body via the body harness.
- In 2012, a new standard was released by American National Standards Institutes for SRLs. Since then SRLs have been divided into two classes: Class A and Class B. SRLs that are currently being utilized are lighter, smaller, and inexpensive.
- Specialty self-retracting lifelines are designed by materials that can be exposed to heat sources, such as welding flames, which is estimated to witness substantial demand from aerospace, automotive and construction industries during the forecast period.
- Rising urbanization and expansion of the industrial sector and entertainment industry are expected to drive the demand for self-retracting lifelines significantly, across the world, during the forecast period
- In May 2019, Pure Safety Group launched three new SRLs that exceed ANSI standards. Such product innovations are expected to improve safety standards.
- In August 2019, 3M Fall Protection announced stop and product recall of its SRLs due to a technical glitch and improper function of energy absorber, which would lead to concerns about workers’ health. These instances prompted enactment of stringent regulations on approval of SRLs, which in turn is likely to restrain the global self-retracting lifelines market to a certain extent in the next few years.
- Development of products that can be easily used on leading edges is projected to offer significant opportunity to the market. This is because leading edges lack overhead anchor points to tie fall protection equipment.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, ask for a customized report
Global Market for Self-Retracting Lifelines: Analysis
- In terms of region, the global self-retracting lifelines market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America and Europe is expected to dominate the Self – Retracting Lifelines market during the forecast period.
- Leading manufacturers of self-retracting lifelines have extensive distribution networks along with deep product penetration. Safety equipment manufacturers have been increasing their presence globally, ever since the onset of globalization.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
Manufacturers are focused on providing durable, comfortable, and lighter products. Manufacturers emphasize on R&D to provide SRLs that are suitable for all applications and working conditions.
The global self-retracting lifelines market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Adela Enterprise Co., Ltd
- Rigid Lifelines Inc.,
- XSPlatforms B.V.
- Lift-It Mfg. Inc.,MSA
- Pure Safety Group
- ABS Safety
- Elk River
- Miller Fall Protection
- Lift Safety
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market: Research Scope
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Product
- Class A
- Class B
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Lifeline length
- 6 ft.
- 11 ft.
- 20 ft.
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Application
- Steel Production
- Building Maintenance & Cleaning
Global Self-Retracting Lifelines Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.