Activewear is useful apparel which improves the performance of athletes or participants during physical fitness or sports activities. These type of apparel has been designed for various purpose such as workout, sports, and other activates which are different apparel as compare to regular clothes. Furthermore, a range of activewear are helpful in avoiding muscle sprains and other muscle-related or ligament injuries, due to the proper support and adequate fitting provided by these apparel.
Substantial rise in disposable income and an increasing fitness oriented population are adding to the progress of the global activewear market. Rising interest in taking part in physical activities is driving the demand for activewear. However, increasing counterfeit and cheap quality products has led to quality & safety issues, harming brand names of key and well established market players. However, players are expanding their distribution channels to boost sales. As a result, the activewear market is projected to witness growth in adoption of these products.
The global activewear market can be bifurcated in terms of product type, material type, end- user, age group, category type, distribution channel, and region. According to product type, the market can be segregated into top activewear, bottom activewear, innerwear, swimwear, and outerwear. Bottom activewear includes shorts, sweatpants, skirts, yoga pants & leggings. Based on material type, the market can be segregated into nylon, polyester, cotton, neoprene, polypropylene, and spandex. In terms of end-user, the activewear market is divided into men, women, and kids. Based on age group, the market is segmented as 1 – 15 years, 16 – 30 years, 31 – 44 years, 45 – 64 years, and more than 65 years.
According to category type, the activewear market is divided into economic activewear products and premium activewear products. In terms of distribution channel, the market is segmented into offline distribution channel and online distribution channel. Online distribution channel includes e-tailer websites and company websites. The offline distribution channel consists of retail stores, specialty stores, supermarkets, and direct selling. The activewear market is dominated by offline channels; however, online channels are expected to change the current purchasing scenario during the forecast period.
In terms of region, the global activewear market is segmented into North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA). North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the activewear market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe.
Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the activewear market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America activewear market is segmented into Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of South America. North America region is dominating the market and is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast period. However, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a faster growth rate during the forecast period due to rising concerns regarding wellness & health and increase in contribution of youth in athletic and sports activities.
Major companies functioning in the global activewear market includes Adidas America Inc., ASICS America Corporation, Columbia Sportswear Company, DICK'S Sporting Goods, The Gap Inc., Nike, Inc., The North Face, Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation, Puma SE, Under Armour Inc., 2XU Pty Ltd., 361 Degrees International Limited, Vie Active, Everlast Worldwide, Inc., Fashion Nova, and Forever21 Inc. Key players in the activewear market are anticipated to observe growing demand for activewear throughout the forecast years due to the key players introducing latest activewear products that are projected to encourage customers and inspire them to spend more on their activewear products. Key players are focusing on expansions, acquisitions, and collaborations with new startup companies as their key strategy to increase substantial market share. Additionally, the activewear market is estimated to experience the trend of manufacturing new products with eye-catching packaging and investing more on promotion of products.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.