Mosquito Repellent Market
Mosquito Repellent Market (Product: Coils, Liquid Vaporizers, Sprays/Aerosols, Mats, Cream & Oil, and Others [Chalk, Powder, etc.]; Ingredients: Natural Ingredients and Synthetic Ingredients; Price: Low, Medium, and High; End User: Humans and Pets; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Consumer Goods & Services
- 184 Pages
Mosquito Repellents Induced with Citriodiol Hold Potential to Kill Coronavirus
Citriodiol from lemon eucalyptus is under scrutiny for protection against COVID-19. The U.K. Ministry of Defence recently published a study that indicated the use of mosquito repellent against the virus that causes coronavirus. Such findings are translating into value-grab opportunities for manufacturers in the mosquito repellent market. Since an increasing number of people is becoming conscious about potential diseases such as dengue or malaria, the demand for mosquito repellents is anticipated to witness a steady demand.
Manufacturers in the mosquito repellent market are maintaining adequate inventory levels to ensure a steady supply of products. As such, poor market sentiments are affecting the uptake of such products. Manufacturers are strengthening their supply via eCommerce in order to keep economies running.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Mosquito Repellent Market
Short-term Effects of Sprays, Hazardous Residues of Products Affect Sales
The mosquito repellent market is expected to surpass an output of 16,06,087.3 thousand units by 2031. However, several disadvantages of mosquito repellents such as short-term effects of sprays, risk of hazardous chemicals, and breathing problems associated with coils are affecting product sales. Hence, apart from mosquito bednets, manufacturers are diversifying their production in creams, oils, and lotions to offer protection against mosquitos for longer hours.
Apart from essential oils and wipes, manufacturers are mainly focusing on insecticide-treated net (ITN) to provide safety alternatives to consumers. On the other hand, mosquito zappers are gaining popularity, since they do not emit smoke or residual hazards.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Subtle, Stylish Indoor Insect Trap Devices Storming End Markets
Breakthrough innovations in the mosquito repellent market are creating revenue opportunities for manufacturers. The Indoor Fly Trap device by KATCHY is being publicized for catching and killing mosquitos, moths, and other insects. Such trends explain why the market is projected to cross US$ 7.96 Bn by 2031.
The triple trapping power of indoor fly trap devices is grabbing the attention of customers looking for the protection against mosquitos, bugs, and other insects. As Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the highest revenue share among all regions in the mosquito repellent market, China is emerging as a manufacturing giant for innovative indoor flytrap devices. Subtle and stylish designs in devices is being preferred.
Natural Mosquito Sprays for Children Gain Prominence in Indian Market
The mosquito repellent market is slated to clock a favorable CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are designing special mosquito repellent sprays meant for children. The Mosquito Repellent Natural Spray by Mamaearth is gaining prominence in Indian market, owing to its formulation of fundamental anti-agent oils such as peppermint, citronella, and lemongrass oil with the base of soya and castor oil.
Due to the tender and delicate skin of children, manufacturers in the mosquito repellent market are increasing the availability for deet-free mosquito sprays. Citronella oil and eucalyptus oil ingredients are being highly preferred to develop spray formulations as an ideal way to keep mosquitos away from the body.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Mosquito Repellent Market
With the ongoing research on citriodiol’s capability to kill the novel coronavirus, manufacturers are diversifying their production of innovative products such as indoor insect trap devices, incense sticks, and mosquito repellent bracelets to create income sources. However, DIY (Do It Yourself) methods of homemade mosquito repellent sprays using neem oil are affecting product sales. In order to meet the convenience needs of consumers, manufacturers in the mosquito repellent market should gain proficiency in natural mosquito repellent products in the form of sprays, creams, and essential oils using citronella oil and eucalyptus oil, among other ingredients. Ultrasonic pest repellers are being investigated for protection against mosquitoes and safety of consumers.
Mosquito Repellent Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global mosquito repellent market for the historical period of 2017, 2018, and 2019, and the forecast period of 2021–2031, mosquito repellents include various natural and synthetic products that protect customers from the harmful disease-spreading mosquitos. A rise in awareness about personal hygiene & cleanliness is fueling the mosquito repellent market.
- Mosquito repellent products enable customers to choose from various product categories such as coils, cream and oil, mats, sprays, aerosols, etc.
- In terms of revenue, the global mosquito repellent market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 7.96 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. With increasing outdoor recreational activities, consumers are taking more precautions about their health and becoming aware about the use of protective aids to prevent insect bites that may cause harm to the body. Increase in outdoor recreational activities is, thus, projected to have a high impact on the mosquito repellent market during the forecast period.
Popularity of Natural, Innovative Products Drives Growth of Mosquito Repellent Market
- Increasing demand for innovative insecticide products containing natural ingredients is likely to create significant growth opportunity for the mosquito repellent market in the upcoming years
- Moreover, substantial demand for cajeput, lavender, cedar, eucalyptus, mint, catnip, cedar, and other natural ingredients in mosquito repellents is expected to serve as a huge opportunity for the growth of the mosquito repellent market globally
- In 2021, Kao personal health care products & research laboratory, Japan, developed a technology using low-viscosity oil to prevent mosquitos from landing on the skin, revealing its potential as a mosquito repellent ingredient. In 2020, India found an innovative method to transform clothes to repel mosquitoes naturally aligned with a low cost.
- NGOs, government authorities as well as community service groups are making continuous efforts to create awareness among the people about maintaining cleanliness and a disease-free environment. In 2019, the Government in India launched special campaigns against dengue by inspecting people’s houses for stagnant water to prevent the breeding of the disease-carrying mosquito. The "Global Vector Control Response (GVCR) 2017–2030" was approved by the World Health Assembly in 2017. It provides strategic guidance to countries and development partners about urgent strengthening of vector control as a fundamental approach to prevent disease and respond to outbreaks.
Increase in Demand from Asia Pacific
- The mosquito repellent market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR, owing to an increasing number of mosquito repellent players operating across the region
- Japan is expected to register a high growth rate followed by China in the region’s mosquito repellent market in the years ahead. In Japan, special programs & campaigns are launched by governments, which, in turn, fuels the mosquito repellent market in Japan.
- Increase in personal care, hygiene, and easy payment methods provide opportunities to key players active in the mosquito repellent market, which propels the mosquito repellent market in the Asia Pacific region
Mosquito Repellent Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of mosquito repellent have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- The mosquito repellent market is fragmented due to the presence of several mosquito repellent players. Competition is expected to intensify in the near future due to the entry of several local players.
- Key players operating in the global mosquito repellent market are
- Coghlan’s Ltd.
- ExOfficio LLC.
- Godrej Consumer Products Ltd. (GCPL)
- Homs LLC.
- New Avon LLC.
- PIC Corporation
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.
- Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc., among others
Mosquito Repellent Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global mosquito repellent market are focused on the adoption of business strategies such as mergers & acquisition and geographical expansion. Furthermore, market players are focused on product development and enhancement to gain a competition advantage over others.
- Spectrum Brands Holdings Inc. is highly emphasizing on mergers and acquisition to gain access to new geographies, complementary businesses, and adjacent markets. In line with this, the company has merged with HRG Group, Inc. to expand its geographical presence.
- S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc., in June 2017 donated US$ 15 Mn in pest control products and financial support to help at-risk families’ combat mosquitoes that may carry the Zika virus in Northern and Southern America
- Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC. works in partnership with popular brands to successfully penetrate different markets, such as its partnership with Amazon in the U.S., which has benefited its sales growth in the country
- In 2017, PIC Corporation took over distribution of Zapplight to extend its line of business. The Zapplight LED light bulb offers a new chemical-free, spray-free, and fume-free solution to bug invaders.
- In 2017, PIC Corporation introduced an advanced version of Skin-So-Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535 that reached high on test fields, according to the Environmental Protection Agency
- Avon Products Inc. promotes its products by spreading awareness and educating its customers. The company in July 2018 organized a campaign highlighting the disease prevention benefits of its Bug Guard sprays and lotion.
Mosquito Repellent Market – Scope of Report
A new study on the global mosquito repellent market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global mosquito repellent market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global mosquito repellent markets illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global mosquito repellent market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global mosquito repellent market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global mosquito repellent market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global mosquito repellent market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Mosquito Repellent Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the mosquito repellent market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global mosquito repellent market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in technologies of the global mosquito repellent market?
- What is the revenue of the global mosquito repellent market based on segments?
- Which key strategies are used by top players of the global mosquito repellent market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global mosquito repellent market?
Research Methodology – Mosquito Repellent Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global mosquito repellent market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global mosquito repellent market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the mosquito repellent market a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from mosquito repellent leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global mosquito repellent market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global mosquito repellent market more reliable and accurate.
Mosquito Repellent Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global mosquito repellent market includes information categorized into sections - product, ingredients, price, end user, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the mosquito repellent market are discussed in detail.