Secretory Immunoglobulin A: Introduction
- Immunoglobulin is used in patients with primary and secondary immunodeficiency disorders and to combat infections. Immunoglobulin A (IgA, also referred to as sIgA in its secretory form) is an antibody that plays a crucial role in the immune function of mucous membranes.
- sIgA is produced in the largest quantity from the mucous membrane compared to all the other immunoglobulin. Immunoglobulin A represents almost 15% of the total immunoglobulin produced in the body.
- IgA is known to exist in monomeric as well as dimeric form and is categorized into two sub-classes, namely IgA1 and IgA2. Secretive immunoglobulin A (sIgA) is the main immunoglobulin found in mucous secretions, including tears, saliva, sweat, colostrum, and secretions from the genitourinary tract, gastrointestinal tract, prostate, and respiratory epithelium. sIgA does not get degraded by the proteolytic enzymes and it protects the mucosal tissues from microbial invasion. The main function of secretory immunoglobulin A is to stop the entry of antigens or foreign substance through the mucosal passage into the circulatory system.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Secretory Immunoglobulin A Market
- The global secretory immunoglobulin A market continues to expand at a high growth rate. This growth is driven by increasing prevalence of airway infections, kidney disorders, gonorrhea, and other such serious disorders that significantly reduce sIgA levels in the body. Lower level of sIgA can lead to increased risk factors for patients to develop autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, allergies, and asthma.
- Prevalence of cancer, diabetes, and neurological disorders is rising due to rapidly increasing geriatric population. The geriatric population is more vulnerable to diseases due to poor immunity. This is anticipated to drive demand for better immunological treatments, which in turn would provide opportunities for companies operating in the global secretory immunoglobulin A market.
- Moreover, technological improvements in the production and purification methods of immunoglobulin have made these safer and free from protein, viral, or any other contaminant. This has increased clinician preference for usage of immunoglobulin, which in turn is expected to boost demand for secretory immunoglobulin A during the forecast period.
- However, high cost of the treatment, chronic side effects, and supply demand gap in the immunoglobulin market is anticipated to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Biopharmaceutical Industries to Lead the Global Market
- The global secretory immunoglobulin A market can be segmented based on end-user, and region
- On the basis of end-user, the market can be segmented into biopharmaceutical industries, academic & research institutes, and others. Biopharmaceutical industries is expected to be the major end-user of secretory immunoglobulin A during the forecast period.
North America to Present Lucrative Opportunities in Global Secretory Immunoglobulin A Market
- The global secretory immunoglobulin A market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to continue to dominate the global market. This is due to high adoption of IVIG treatment and high plasma yield. The region is also home to several key players such as CSL Behring LLC and Baxalta, which boosts the market in this region. The region is projected to be the most lucrative market for intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) during the forecast period, due to high plasma yield and high per capita health care expenditure.
Key Players Operating in Market
Leading players operating in the global secretory immunoglobulin A market include:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Biotest AG
- CSL Behring
Global Secretory Immunoglobulin A Market: Research Scope
Global Secretory Immunoglobulin A Market, by End-user
- Biopharmaceutical Industries
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Secretory Immunoglobulin A Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.