Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment: Introduction
- Salivary glands comprise three major secretory glands: parotid, submandibular, and sublingual, and several minor glands. The function of these glands is the production and secretion of saliva. Saliva is a lubricating fluid that apart from keeping the mouth and throat moist also contains digestive enzymes that help in digesting food. It also contains antibodies and other substances that help prevent infections of the mouth and throat.
- Salivary gland tumors are comparatively rare in comparison to the total incidence of head and neck region tumors. The overall incidence of salivary gland tumors varies across the world, from approximately 0.4 to 13.5 cases per 100,000 people. The parotid gland is the most common site of occurrence of salivary gland tumors.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular diseases. The proportion of deaths across the world due to cancer increased from 12% in 1990 to 15% in 2013. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths every year, with 70% new cases expected to be reported during the next 20 years. More than 60% of new cancer cases in the world is registered in Africa, Asia, and Central and South America, and 70% of the deaths caused by cancer globally takes place in these regions.
- Each type of cancer requires unique treatment. Rise in prevalence of cancer and the need of personalized medicine are expected to boost the number of diagnostic tests. This is likely to provide significant opportunities to the players in the market.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market Brochure
- In order to reduce mortality and morbidity rate, governments in developed and developing countries are conducting awareness campaigns to encourage people to go for early diagnosis of cancer. This, in turn, is expected to increase awareness about cancer diagnosis and treatment.
- A number of companies have started Patient Support Programs (PSPs) to reduce the cost of treatment. For example, Roche's Blue Tree Program offers support to cancer patients during their treatment journey.
- High cost of drugs is one of the major concerns among patients as well as payers. The cost of cancer drugs used for the treatment has increased in the past few years, making it difficult for patients to afford the treatment. Treatment costs are covered by insurance; however, the out-of-pocket cost for the insured can also be high. Increasing costs lead to delay in treatment or complete avoidance of taking prescribed medication. These factors act as restraints of the global market.
Radiation Therapy Segment to Lead Global Market
- The treatment regimen for salivary gland neoplasms is often decided by the type, stage or grade of the cancer. Based on cancer type, the global salivary gland neoplasms treatment market can be divided into mucoepidermoid carcinoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, adenocarcinomas, malignant mixed tumors, and others.
- In terms of treatment type, the global salivary gland neoplasms treatment market can be classified into surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy. Radiation therapy along with surgery is the standard treatment option for most of the types of salivary gland cancers. Chemotherapy is also used, but the efficacy of chemotherapy drugs has not yet been established.
North America to Lead Global Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market
- The global salivary gland neoplasms treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for salivary gland neoplasms treatment due to substantial focus on health care development and presence of several key players.
- Increase in the geriatric population and high population with unhealthy habits such as tobacco consumption makes the emerging economies in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East the most attractive markets for salivary gland neoplasms treatments. Rise in awareness and affordability of patients in developing countries such as China, India, and Brazil are expected to provide significant opportunities in the salivary gland neoplasms treatment market in these countries.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market
Leading players in the global salivary gland neoplasms treatment market are:
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Siemens AG
- Accuray Incorporated
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Elekta AB
- General Electric Company
Global Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market, by Cancer Type
- Mucoepidermoid Carcinoma
- Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
- Malignant Mixed Tumors
Global Salivary Gland Neoplasms Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Radiation Therapy
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.