Pyoderma Gangrenosum: Rare Inflammatory Disease
- Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon, cutaneous ulcerative disease associated with a range of systemic disorders. It is a neutrophilic dermatosis disease, which develops on the skin, primarily on the legs. The exact causes of pyoderma gangrenosum are unknown, but it is considered to be a disorder of the immune system.
- Symptoms associated with the disease include red small bumps on the skin, resembling spider bites. These further progress to large, painful, open sores.
- Major risk factors for this non-infectious disease are genetic components (include age), blood disorder, inflammatory bowel disease, and arthritis, among others. Pyoderma gangrenosum is known to be common in the population with age group of 20 years to 50 years.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market
- Pyoderma gangrenosum is a rare disease with an annual incidence of three to 10 cases per million population. It is known to largely affect the young and middle aged adults, and afflicts more women than men. Increase in global population, with more than 50% of the population in the young and middle aged adults group, is expected to increase the target population for pyoderma gangrenosum. This is anticipated to boost the pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market.
- Rise in incidence of inflammatory bowel disease, which is one of the underlying diseases of pyoderma gangrenosum, is augmenting the pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market. Globally, India is projected to have the highest prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease. The global prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease is considered to be more than 399 cases per 100,000 people.
- According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the prevalence of arthritis is expected to reach 78.4 million adults above 18 years of age in the U.S. by 2040. The prevalence is estimated to be higher in women. Arthritis is one of the common underlying diseases of pyoderma gangrenosum; therefore, rise in prevalence of the disease is projected to contribute to the growth of the pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market.
- Significant product pipeline, with various drug classes being tested for the treatment of pyoderma gangrenosum such as topical steroids, is expected to drive the pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market. However, the lack of proper diagnostic measures for the disease and lack of awareness among the people are anticipated to adversely impact the pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market Report
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand at Significant Pace
- Based on region, the global pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In terms of revenue, North America is projected to dominate the global pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the high prevalence of associated conditions such as inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, and ulcerative colitis, in the region. Additionally, presence of a well-established health care infrastructure, rise in disposable income, and presence of leading market players are propelling the pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market in North America.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the expansion in the health care industry; rise in burden of ulcerative colitis, which is twice in Asia compared to that in the West; and increase in government focus on improving health care facilities.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global pyoderma gangrenosum therapeutics market is highly concentrated; the leading manufacturers dominate the market. Key players operating in the global market include:
- Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Novartis AG
- AbbVie Inc.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Amgen Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB
Global Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market, by Drug Class
- Immunosuppressive Drugs
- Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors
- Antibacterial Agents
Global Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Pyoderma Gangrenosum Therapeutics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.