Pigment Additive Film Market: Introduction
- Pigment additives are materials that can offer several benefits such as anti-skid, reflection, conduction, insulation, and light absorption. They can be employed in applications such as building & construction, automobiles & transport, and electrical & electronics industry. Pigments additives help improve the opacity, texture, and pseudo-plasticity for flow of pigments. Pigment additives offers better color strength, stability and retention, improved gloss, good finishing, and good visual appearance. Organic pigment additives are soluble colorants, which are derived from different trees or fruits.
Key Drivers of Pigment Additive Film Market
- Growth in awareness about ecology is expected to boost the demand for bio-based & recyclable organic products. This in turn, is expected to drive the demand for pigment additive films during the forecast period.
- Organic pigment additives are employed in food & beverages to avoid deterioration & adulteration of food and beverages. Rise in demand for these additives is boosting the global pigment additive film market.
Restraints of Pigment Additive Film Market
- Despite the potential economic advantages associated with pigment additive films, there are several drawbacks that are projected to restrain the overall development of the global market. Environmental restrictions on usage of several pigments by various governments due to concerns over the harmful environmental and health impacts of pigment additive films could hamper the market.
COVID-19 impact on Pigment Additive Film Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for pigment additive films in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the disease. This has resulted in the slowdown and halt in manufacturing operations, restrictions on supply and transport, and infrastructure slowdown. In turn, this has led to a decline in in demand for dry construction across the globe.
- Key players operating in the pigment additive film market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers have spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these films.
Asia Pacific to be Rapidly Expanding Region of Global Pigment Additive Film Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to be remain the leading region of the global building & construction market during the forecast period. Increase in population is boosting the demand for infrastructure development in prominent countries such as India and China. This is a major factor driving the demand for paint & coatings market. This, in turn, is expected to augment the pigment additive film market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America and Middle East is anticipated to witness significant growth during the forecast period owing to large presence of major market players in these regions
Pigment Additive Film Market: Key Players
The global pigment additive film market is fragmented. Large numbers of companies operate at the global and regional level. Some of the major companies operating in pigment additive film market are:
- AkzoNobel Corporation
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries
- Huntsman International
Pigment Additive Film Market: Research Scope
Pigment Additive Film Market, by Type
Pigment Additive Film Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Food & Beverages
- Electrical & Electronics
Pigment Additive Film Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!