Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market
A Pancoast tumor is a rare form of lung cancer. This type of tumor is located at the very top (apex) of the right or left lung. As the tumor grows, it can invade surrounding nerves, muscles, lymph nodes, connective tissue, upper ribs, and upper vertebrae. This causes severe pain in the shoulder and arm. Diagnosis of Pancoast tumors is often delayed, because the tumor doesn’t show the classic symptoms of lung cancer, such as a cough. Pancoast tumors are also known as superior sulcus tumors. Their particular set of symptoms is called the Pancoast syndrome. The average age of individuals with tumor onset is around 60 years old. Men are more frequently affected than women. Sharp shoulder pain is the most common early symptom of Pancoast tumor. Other symptoms depend on where the tumor is located. As the tumor grows, the shoulder pain can become debilitating. It can radiate toward the armpit (axilla), the shoulder blade, and the bone that connects the shoulder to the arm (scapula).
Treatment for Pancoast tumors is varied and involves a combination of chemotherapy, radiation, and surgery. Pancoast tumors that have metastasized to areas beyond the chest may not be candidates for surgery. Chemotherapy and radiation are the first steps before surgery. Then the tumor is reevaluated with another CT scan or other imaging test. Surgery ideally takes place 3 to 6 weeks after chemotherapy and radiation.
Global Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market Introduction
Pancoast tumors or superior pulmonary sulcus tumors arise from the apical pleuro-pulmonary groove, which is located superior to the first rib. In these tumors, if there is involvement of the surrounding structures such as the cervical paravertebral sympathetic nervous system, brachial plexus, and stellate ganglion, then these are responsible for causing a group of symptoms and signs which are together called Pancoast syndrome. It is characterized by arm pain and ipsilateral shoulder pain, paresis & atrophy of the thenar muscles of the hand, paresthesias, and Horners syndrome (miosis, ptosis, and anhidrosis). Pancoast syndrome is also caused by non-NSCLC (non-small cell lung cancers) tumors, generally small cell lung cancer. Other malignancies such as thyroid carcinomas, primary adenoid cystic carcinomas, lymphomas, or metastasis from any primary carcinoma or even benign tumors at the superior pulmonary sulcus are known for causing Pancoast syndrome. Apical lung infections or abscesses can also be responsible for causing Pancoast syndrome, if there is involvement of the chest wall and the surrounding structures.
Global Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market - Competitive Landscape
Various premium therapies, specifically in squamous cell and second-line treatments for other types of cancers, which either combine with or replace generic chemotherapies, are being introduced in the market. Moreover, key players are expanding their footprint in the global P syndrome treatment market. For instance, in May 2019, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. announced the launch of a generic version of Tarceva (erlotinib) tablets, 150 and 100 mg, in the U.S. Erlotinib tablet, an inhibitor of kinase, is indicated for the treatment of patients having metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), whose tumors have EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor)) exon 21 (L858R) substitution mutations or exon 19 deletions as detected by an FDA approved test receiving first-line, maintenance, or second or even greater line treatment after the progression following at least one prior regimen of chemotherapy
Need an Overview of the Report on Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market? Ask for the Brochure here
Pfizer, Inc. is a global biopharmaceutical company ranked 47th in the ‘Forbes Global 2000 Companies’ list in 2017. It primarily operates through two business segments: Pfizer Innovative Health and Pfizer Essential Health. Pfizer, Inc.’s products have been issued 129 patents in the U.S. and 1,807 patents in the rest of the world. The company offers therapies in multiple therapeutic areas such as endocrinology, neurology, immunology, oncology, HIV, rare diseases, and hematology in over 125 countries.
Novartis AG is a global health care company that develops, manufactures, and provides high-quality drugs and health care services. The company operates through three business segments: innovative medicines, Sandoz, and Alcon. The innovative medicines segment operates through two units: Novartis Pharmaceuticals and Novartis Oncology. Novartis Oncology develops therapeutic treatments in the fields of oncology and rare diseases. It conducts research and development activities through two research organizations: Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) and Global Drug Development (GDD)
Other key players operating in the global Pancoast syndrome treatment market include Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Eisai Co., Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co., Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, AstraZeneca, and Sanofi. These players have adopted strategies such as agreements, partnerships, new product development, and collaborations to gain competitive advantage in the global Pancoast syndrome treatment market
Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market Dynamics
Rise in prevalence of lung cancer
According to the American lung Association, lung cancer is considered to be the most common cancer in the world, which accounted for 2.1 million new cases and 1.8 million deaths in 2018. According to the National Institutes of Health, the cost of cancer care in the U.S. stood at nearly US$147.5 Bn in 2015, with lunch cancer accounting for US$ 13.4 Bn. The American Cancer Society estimated that around 228,150 new cases of lung cancer (111,710 in women and 116,440 in men) will be reported in the U.S. in 2019, with 142,670 deaths due to lung cancer (66,020 women and 76,650 men).
Genetic Factors and Exposure to Triggers and Carcinogens
According to the Moffitt Cancer Center, carcinogens can be responsible for causing unique biological responses within the body such as changes in the production process of cells in the lungs, which is responsible for causing Pancoast tumor. The slight genetic changes can be triggered by carcinogens in individual tissue cells. These genetic changes can cause the cells to mutate and divide much faster than they usually would. A small group of abnormal cells may initiate to form, after which it can then develop into a Pancoast tumor.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market” here
High Unmet Requirement for Diagnosis
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), every year, cancer accounts for about 8.8 million deaths, mostly in low- and middle-income countries. A large number of cancer cases are diagnosed quite late. Even in countries with optimal health systems and services, a number of cancer cases are diagnosed at an advanced stage, when it becomes harder to treat it. Challenges are higher in low- and middle-income countries, which have lesser access to effective and efficient diagnostic services, including laboratory tests, imaging, and pathology, which are vital in the detection of cancer and eventually plan treatment. Countries also have different capacities for referring cancer patients to the apt level of care.
Global Pancoast Syndrome Treatment Market Segmentation
Based on type, the global Pancoast syndrome treatment market can be segmented into:
- Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
In terms of staging, the global Pancoast syndrome treatment market can be segmented into:
- T3 Tumors
- T4 Tumors
Based on treatment, the global Pancoast syndrome treatment market can be segmented into:
- Radiation Therapy
- Combination Therapy
- Others (targeted therapies, symptom relief)
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.