Non-GMO Animal Feed Market: Rise in Awareness about Ill-effects of GMO Products
- Animal feed is the key component in food industry. Animal feed make certain the sustainable production of affordable and safe animal proteins. It plays a vital role in the global food industry. According to The International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF), annual production of the global animal feed stands at around one billion tons
- Non-GMO animal feed is the food given to livestock that does not contain genetically modified ingredients. non-GMO foods are organically grown and are richer in nutrients. These foods are free from chemicals and other toxins. Increase in awareness towards animal nutrition followed by rise in usage of meat products is driving the demand for non-GMO animal feed across the globe.
- Increase in awareness about the negative impact of consumption of genetically-modified products is anticipated to shift the preference toward non-GMO food products. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the demand for non-GMO animal feed during the forecast period.
- Poultry is a segment of the animal protein market. Poultry meat consumption contributes to around 40% of the overall meat consumption in the world. Furthermore, consumption is expected to grow in developing region compared to developed region. Thus, poultry is a key application segment of the non-GMO animal feed market.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Non-GMO Animal Feed Market? Ask for the report brochure here.
Increase in Number of Consumers Opting for Healthy Food Options
- According to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), demand for food is estimated to rise by 60% by 2050. Production of animal proteins is projected to expand by around 1.7% per year between 2010 and 2050. Furthermore, meat production is likely to rise by nearly 70%, aquaculture by 90%, and dairy by 55% by 2050
- Non-GMO food products are considered as healthier alternatives, as GMO foods are considered to put the human health at risk and may lead to diseases such as gastrointestinal disorders, organ damage, infertility, and cancer in instants due to presence of toxic pesticides and chemicals. Key health organizations such as the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) recommend the doctors on prescribing non-GMO diets for all patients
- Thus, rise in number of health conscious consumers and increase in awareness about non-GMO food are likely to fuel the demand for non-GMO food products. This, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the demand for non-GMO animal feed market during the forecast period.
Tight Supply and High Prices to Hamper Non-GMO Animal Feed Market
Soybean and corn are major animal feed materials. More than half of the yield of these products is used in the manufacture of animal feed. However, major portion of these crops is produced from GMO methods. Thus, demand for non-GMO animal feed is rising exponentially, yet the non-GMO crop supply is not sufficient to meet the demand for feed. Furthermore, complex registration process of non-GMO products in the U.S. and Europe may hamper the overall demand. Also, higher prices, people may reluctant to buy non-GMO animal feed products and prefer conventional animal food which are readily available in the market at low cost especially in developing countries where customers are highly price sensitive. This is anticipated to hamper the overall demand for non-GMO animal feed during the forecast period.
North America Expected to Hold Major Share of Global Non-GMO Animal Feed Market
- Geographically, the global non-GMO animal feed market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is a leading consumer of non-GMO animal feed, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. End-consumers in the U.S. and Europe tend to opt for health conscious food alternatives. Rise in demand for non-GMO products, primarily in the U.S. and European countries, supported by high purchasing power and increase in awareness about the ill-effects of GMO-products is estimated to drive the non-GMO animal feed market in North America and Europe
- Health-conscious consumers in the U.S. are ready to pay extra for non-GMO food products. Thus, suppliers of in the U.S. dairy and meat industry are also changing to non-GMO animal feed products. This is the major factor which is anticipated to propel the demand for non-GMO products in North America.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on N Market here
Key Players in Non-GMO Animal Feed Market
The global non-GMO animal feed market is fragmented with the presence of large numbers of local and global players. Majority of the animal feed producers/suppliers are getting their products non-GMO project certified owing to increasing consumer awareness and demand for non-GMO animal feed products. Key players operating in the non-GMO animal feed market include:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Canadian Organic Feeds
- Texas Natural Feeds
- Zeeland Farm Services, Inc.
Global Non-GMO Animal Feed Market: Research Scope
Global Non-GMO Animal Feed Market, by Product
- Others (Forage, etc.)
Global Non-GMO Animal Feed Market, by Application
- Others (Aquaculture, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.