Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment: Skin Condition in Diabetic Patients
- Necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium is a very rare disease in diabetic patients. The condition is related to skin and results in reddish brown areas of the skin, primarily on the lower leg.
- It is a chronic granulomatous disease of the skin that affects lower legs, especially the shins. Yellowish brown, demarcated plaques are observed at lower extremities, with ulceration observed in around 30% of cases.
- The cause of necrosis lipoidica diabeticorium is not known. It is characterized by collagen degeneration, granuloma formation, and endothelial swelling. Type 1 diabetic patients are more prone to this disease than type 2 diabetic patients.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market
- Rise in prevalence of diabetes across the globe is a major driver of the necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market. Increase in diabetic cases leads to necrosis of lower extremities in some patients. This condition called necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium which needs timely treatment for disease and thus global market for this disease is expanding.
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, in 2017, around 425 million adults aged between 20 and 79 were living with diabetes globally. The number is projected to rise to 629 million by 2045.
- Increase in rate of smoking has propelled the risk of necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium in non-diabetic patients and aggravates the condition in diabetics. This factor contributes to the growth of the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market.
- Rise in the number of therapies for this disease and clinical trials conducted for necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium across the globe are the other factors driving the global market
Get an Idea about the Offerings of Our Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market Report from this Brochure
Lack of Etiology to Hamper Market
- The exact cause of necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium is not known. This acts as a major restraint of the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market. It also presents significant challenges in the development of effective treatment of the disease.
- Lack of awareness about necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium is another restraint of the global market. This condition is quite rare, and hence people do not know about it.
Phototherapy Segment to Witness High Growth
- Based on treatment, the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market can be classified into drug therapy, biologics, phototherapy, and others
- The drug therapy segment can be divided into immunosuppressants & immunomodulators, anti-inflammatory drugs, medicines for blood flow improvement, and others.
- The phototherapy segment is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period owing to better efficacy and a number of clinical trials on this method.
Women Segment Dominated Global Market
- In terms of gender, the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market can be bifurcated into men and women
- The women segment dominated the global market in 2018 due to high prevalence of the disease among women compared to men
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market can be categorized into hospitals & ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, home care settings, and others
- The hospitals segment dominated the global market in 2018. It is projected to be a lucrative segment during the forecast period.
- Better consulting facilities available at hospitals for this condition and more advanced therapies to treat necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium are anticipated to drive the segment
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market Report
North America to Lead Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America dominated the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market in 2018 due to high spending on diabetes & related conditions, better awareness about necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatments, and a number of ongoing clinical trials of therapies for the condition.
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, North America accounts for around half of the global diabetes health care spending
- The necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in the geriatric population, high prevalence of diabetes, and rise in awareness about the disease & treatment are the factors fueling the growth of the necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market in Asia Pacific.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market
Key manufacturers in the global necrobiosis lipoidica diabeticorium treatment market are:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Lupin Limited
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Spear Pharmaceuticals
- AMCOL International Corporation
Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Drug Therapy
- Immunosuppressants & Immunomodulators
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs
- Medicines for Blood Flow Improvement
Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market, by Gender
Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Home Care Settings
Global Necrobiosis Lipoidica Diabeticorium Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.