Microminiature Connectors: Introduction
- Microminiature connectors are designed for use in several industrial applications wherein minimum dimensions need to be achieved. These connectors are developed and tested as per MIL specification standards such as MIL-DTL-83513 and MIL-DTL-38999.
- Apart from small size, microminiature connectors have features including light weight, high reliability, and efficiency. Also, the circular design configuration of these connectors provides mil-spec performance that can withstand harsh environments.
- Moreover, key manufacturers have designed microminiature connectors with different design configurations and interconnect types, such as board-to-board, wire-to-wire, wire-to-board, FFC/FPC, I/O, and memory card.
- Microminiature connectors are perfect for use in any application wherein space is limited. Thus, these connectors are largely used in several applications such as hand-held units, aircraft frames, mobile devices, and medical devices.
- Furthermore, microminiature connectors is a preferred choice for use in satellites and surveillance equipment
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers of Global Microminiature Connector Market
- Microminiature connectors offer significant savings in both weight and space requirements, owing to their small size and the level of performance equal to their larger, circular counterparts
- Thus, the adoption of microminiature connectors continues to rise in multiple applications, such as aircraft frames, high-tech military, and smart medical devices, wherein small-sized, highly reliable, and durable connectors is a primary requirement.
- Thus, the increasing demand for small-sized devices led by the transition toward more miniaturization of electronic equipment is a key factor projected to fuel the global microminiature connector market during the forecast period
Consumer Electronics End-use Industry Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- Based on end-use industry, the global microminiature connector market can be divided into aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, industrial, and others
- The global consumer electronics industry is likely to witness significant demand for microminiature connectors during the forecast period. As per Statista, a Germany-based online portal for statistics, 1.56 billion smartphones were sold in 2018.
- Hence, the use of micro-sized, high-performance connectors in the production of hand-held devices has increased. This factor is likely to drive the demand for microminiature connectors in the global consumer electronics industry throughout the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the aerospace & defense industry is likely to witness high demand for microminiature connectors in the near future. As per Airbus’s Global Market Forecast statistics, the global air traffic is anticipated to increase at a rate of 4.4% per annum, requiring about 37,400 new aircraft worth US$ 5.8 Trn in the next 20 years.
- The rapid economic development in Asia Pacific is estimated to boost the consumer electronics segment of the market in the region during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Microminiature Connector Market
- In terms of region, the global microminiature connector market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The microminiature connector market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to growth of the economy and increase in investments in research and development activities by governments in the region.
- Countries such as India and China are developing at a rapid rate. Thus, manufacturers of microminiature connectors in these countries are expecting increase in the demand for their products.
- The microminiature connector market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. This market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global microminiature connector market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 30%–35% of the market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for microminiature connectors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global microminiature connector market are:
- Molex, LLC
- HUBER+SUHNER AG
- Smiths Interconnect Group Limited
- SOURIAU SAS
- Amphenol Aerospace
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Omnetics Connector Corporation
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Samtec, Inc.
- AVX Corporation
- Ulti-Mate Connector Inc.
- Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.
Global Microminiature Connector Market: Research Scope
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by Type
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by Design Configuration
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.