Microminiature Connectors: Introduction
- Microminiature connectors are designed for use in several industrial applications wherein minimum dimensions need to be achieved. These connectors are developed and tested as per MIL specification standards such as MIL-DTL-83513 and MIL-DTL-38999.
- Apart from small size, microminiature connectors have features including light weight, high reliability, and efficiency. Also, the circular design configuration of these connectors provides mil-spec performance that can withstand harsh environments.
- Moreover, key manufacturers have designed microminiature connectors with different design configurations and interconnect types, such as board-to-board, wire-to-wire, wire-to-board, FFC/FPC, I/O, and memory card.
- Microminiature connectors are perfect for use in any application wherein space is limited. Thus, these connectors are largely used in several applications such as hand-held units, aircraft frames, mobile devices, and medical devices.
- Furthermore, microminiature connectors is a preferred choice for use in satellites and surveillance equipment
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers of Global Microminiature Connector Market
- Microminiature connectors offer significant savings in both weight and space requirements, owing to their small size and the level of performance equal to their larger, circular counterparts
- Thus, the adoption of microminiature connectors continues to rise in multiple applications, such as aircraft frames, high-tech military, and smart medical devices, wherein small-sized, highly reliable, and durable connectors is a primary requirement.
- Thus, the increasing demand for small-sized devices led by the transition toward more miniaturization of electronic equipment is a key factor projected to fuel the global microminiature connector market during the forecast period
Consumer Electronics End-use Industry Segment has Significant Growth Potential
- Based on end-use industry, the global microminiature connector market can be divided into aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer electronics, healthcare, industrial, and others
- The global consumer electronics industry is likely to witness significant demand for microminiature connectors during the forecast period. As per Statista, a Germany-based online portal for statistics, 1.56 billion smartphones were sold in 2018.
- Hence, the use of micro-sized, high-performance connectors in the production of hand-held devices has increased. This factor is likely to drive the demand for microminiature connectors in the global consumer electronics industry throughout the forecast period.
- Furthermore, the aerospace & defense industry is likely to witness high demand for microminiature connectors in the near future. As per Airbus’s Global Market Forecast statistics, the global air traffic is anticipated to increase at a rate of 4.4% per annum, requiring about 37,400 new aircraft worth US$ 5.8 Trn in the next 20 years.
- The rapid economic development in Asia Pacific is estimated to boost the consumer electronics segment of the market in the region during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Microminiature Connector Market
- In terms of region, the global microminiature connector market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The microminiature connector market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to growth of the economy and increase in investments in research and development activities by governments in the region.
- Countries such as India and China are developing at a rapid rate. Thus, manufacturers of microminiature connectors in these countries are expecting increase in the demand for their products.
- The microminiature connector market in North America and Europe is likely to witness stagnant growth between 2019 and 2027. This market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global microminiature connector market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 30%–35% of the market share. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansions to meet the rising demand for microminiature connectors. Moreover, manufacturers are entering into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global microminiature connector market are:
- Molex, LLC
- HUBER+SUHNER AG
- Smiths Interconnect Group Limited
- SOURIAU SAS
- Amphenol Aerospace
- AMETEK, Inc.
- Omnetics Connector Corporation
- TE Connectivity Ltd.
- Samtec, Inc.
- AVX Corporation
- Ulti-Mate Connector Inc.
- Hirose Electric Co., Ltd.
Global Microminiature Connector Market: Research Scope
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by Type
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by Design Configuration
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by End-use Industry
- Aerospace & Defense
- Consumer Electronics
Global Microminiature Connector Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.