Liquid Crystal Elastomers: Introduction
- Liquid crystal elastomers (LCE) are made from liquid crystals and elastomers. Primary microscopic properties of liquid crystals are orientation, positional order, and the smectic order to the layer normal.
- Liquid crystal elastomers are rubbery networks composed of long, cross-linked polymer chains that are also liquid crystalline (LC) - nematic, cholesteric, or smectic
- Liquid crystal elastomers’ are unique, as the natural shape of such chains follow the LC order. They typically elongate in the presence of nematic (orientational) order, and reversibly contract when the order is lost (typically by heating, but also by illumination or absorption of solvent). The molecular shape change is mirrored in the mechanical shape changes of the solids that the chains constitute. The changes can be very large: up to 500%.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Liquid Crystal Elastomers Market
Expansion in Biomedical Industry to Drive Global Liquid Crystal Elastomers Market
- Liquid crystal elastomers are composed of liquid crystals and elastomers. Liquid crystal elastomers are made from silicon or carbon elastomeric net, which dictate macroscopic properties such as deformation and shape.
- Rise in biomedical applications such as orthopedic applications, which include knee replacement with LCE, MTP (metatarsophalangeal) joint with LCE, and also total disc replacement with LCE, in countries with large-scale elderly population, is estimated to offer significant opportunities to the liquid crystal elastomers market in the next few years
Applications of Liquid Crystal Elastomers
- Based on application, the global liquid crystal elastomers market can be segmented into aerospace & automotive, sports & military, and biomedical. Liquid crystal elastomers are employed in numerous end-use applications such as irises, biomimetic actuators, valves, and shape-changing lenses.
- Liquid crystal elastomers are ideal for artificial muscles. Muscles are anisotropic while they stretch in just one direction. This applies to liquid crystal elastomers. According to researchers, liquid crystal elastomers have exactly the same value of properties as natural muscles.
- Thermomechanical response of liquid crystal elastomers can be used for sensors and temperature controlled actuators. In this case, a computer signal can convert through changes in temperature into physical stretching of liquid crystal elastomers.
- Nematic photo-elastomers make the light-driven actuators possible. Bifocal contact and intra-ocular lenses can be made due to the optical clarity of liquid crystal elastomers in the monodomain state.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Liquid Crystal Elastomers Market
- In terms of region, the global liquid crystal elastomers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of value, Asia Pacific dominated the global liquid crystal elastomers market in 2019
- Europe is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the liquid crystal elastomers market in the near future due to the usage of these liquid crystal elastomers in various end-use industries such automotive and aerospace in the region
- The liquid crystal elastomers market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- The global liquid crystal elastomers market is consolidated. Large number of players are focused on R&D to offer a complete portfolio of products. They focus on different business strategies to strengthen their position. Impressio, Inc. is the only dominant player in the market. Other players are still in the phase of developing such materials.
Global Liquid Crystal Elastomers Market: Research Scope
Global Liquid Crystal Elastomers Market, by Application
- Aerospace & Automotive
- Sports & Military
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.