Hydrogenated Polydecene Market Introduction:
- Hydrogenated polydecene is a transparent oily liquid polymer. It is also called ‘vinyl -type copolymer.’ Hydrogenated polydecene is prepared by controlled hydrogenation of polydecene.
- Hydrogenated polydecene is used in various applications. It is a used as fragrance ingredient. It is an oily substance; therefore, it can be used to moisturize dry skin. Hydrogenated polydecene is able to form a transparent but impermeable film over the skin or hair surface. This preserves the skin’s own moisture and does not allow the damaging stimuli to bother the skin.
- In terms of application, the global hydrogenated polydecene market can be segmented into hair care products, skin care products, and others. The skin care products segment is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Various manufacturers of skin care products use hydrogenated polydecene as an ingredient in product formulations, as it is easily spreadable and allows for an even and easy application of creams. Being an emollient, it also provides moisturizing benefits.
Key Drivers of Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
- Rise in usage of hydrogenated polydecene in skin care and cosmetic products is expected to augment the hydrogenated polydecene market during the forecast period. Hydrogenated polydecene is a hydrocarbon-based emollient, which is available in different viscosities. Hydrogenated polydecene forms a non-occlusive film on the surface of the skin and brings gloss without greasiness to the formula. It is a pure and hypoallergenic emollient that is ideal for baby care products. These factors are driving the consumption of hydrogenated polydecene in skin care and cosmetic products.
- Rapid expansion in the personal care industry is anticipated to boost the hydrogenated polydecene market during the forecast period. Demand for face creams, sunscreens, and body lotions has been increasing across the globe due to rise in awareness about skin care and improvement in standard of living of the people. Growth in the e-commerce sector is also boosting the consumption of skin care and cosmetics products, thereby driving the market. Technological and product innovations have led to an increase in demand for skin care products
Restraints of Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
- Dearth of universal directives pertaining to applications of hydrogenated polydecene is likely to hamper the market in the near future. Every country has different directives and legislations pertaining to the use of hydrogenated polydecene. Companies find it difficult to comply with these country-wise directives and legislations. This can discourage investment in the hydrogenated polydecene market, thereby hampering the market.
- Lack of awareness and low rate of adoption of hydrogenated polydecene in several developed and underdeveloped countries are also projected to restrain the market during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact on Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
- In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the beauty & personal care (BPC) industry has witnessed a contraction across the globe. However, the impact is not as severe as that in other industries. Discretionary spending has reduced and consumer behavior has shifted toward safe and reliable products. Brick-and-mortar drugstores and mass-market and grocery stores are reopening now and their customer traffic has been increasing steadily.
- Key players operating in the hydrogenated polydecene are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these manufacturers are located across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Several of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of products. Thus, the global hydrogenated polydecene market is projected to contract in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
- In terms of region, the global hydrogenated polydecene market can be split into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global during the forecast period owing to the rapidly expanding personal care industry in the region. Rise in disposable income and improvement in standard of living in various countries of Asia Pacific are boosting the demand for cosmetics & personal care products. This, in turn, is augmenting the demand for hydrogenated polydecene in the region.
- Europe is also expected to hold vital share of the global hydrogenated polydecene market during the forecast period. Technological advancements in the region; and development and introduction of innovative creams and lotions are expected to positively impact the market in the region in the next few years. Rise in demand for anti-aging creams is also estimated to boost the hydrogenated polydecene market in Europe in the near future.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a fast pace during the forecast period owing to growth in consumption of skin care and personal care products and presence of well-established market players in the U.S. and Canada
Prominent Market Players Operating in Global Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
- Major players operating in the global hydrogenated polydecene market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations.
Key players operating in the market include:
- Ausmauco Bio
- Chevron Phillips
- Ashland Specialty Chemical
- Blue Sun International
- Kothari Petrochemicals
- Dow Corning
Research Scope; Global Hydrogenated Polydecene Market
Global Hydrogenated Polydecene Market, Product Type
- Hydrogenated Polydecene PAO2
- Hydrogenated Polydecene PAO4
- Hydrogenated Polydecene PAO6
- Hydrogenated Polydecene PAO8
Global Hydrogenated Polydecene Market, Application
- Hair Care Products
- Skin Care Products
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.