Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market: Introduction
- Gas-filled radiation detector is a radiation monitoring system. When gas in the detector comes in contact with radiation, it reacts, with the gas becoming ionized and resulting electronic charge being measured by a meter.
- Gas-filled radiation detectors are cylindrical in shape with two electrodes - the central electrode and the outer sheath, which is separated by an insulator
- Gas-filled radiation detectors ensure exposure to radioactive emission at optimal levels
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market
- Global gas-filled radiation detectors market is likely to be driven by rise in adoption of nuclear medicines and radiation therapy for diagnosis and therapeutics procedures. According to the World Nuclear Association, around 40 million nuclear medicine procedures are performed every year.
- Use of radiopharmaceuticals in diagnosis is increasing. According to the World Nuclear Association, around 10,000 hospitals across the world use radioisotopes in medicines.
- Rise in the number of imaging procedures, angiography, fluoroscopy, computed tomography (CT), and radiographic imaging is expected to fuel the growth of the global gas-filled radiation detectors market during the forecast period
- Surge in the use of radiotherapy for treatment of cancer is expected to propel the demand for gas-filled radiation detectors in health care settings, which, in turn, will fuel the global gas-filled radiation detectors market growth during the forecast period. According to the American Institute of Cancer Research, nearly 18 million cancer cases were diagnosed globally in 2018.
- Increase in the use of radioisotopes for sterilization of medical equipment in hospitals and diagnostic laboratories is also driving the demand for gas-filled radiation detectors for measurement and identification of radiation levels
- Gas-filled radiation detectors are user-friendly, portable, and durable. This is expected to augment market growth.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market Report
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market
- North America is projected to lead the global gas-filled radiation detectors market during the forecast period. North America is a leading market for gas-filled radiation detectors driven by high rate of adoption of gas-filled radiation detectors for radiation monitoring in health care settings.
- According to the World Nuclear Association, in the U.S., around 20 million nuclear medicine procedures are performed per year. In Europe, the number is approximately 10 million.
- Increase in awareness about these radiation detectors for radiation monitoring and rise in patient base suffering from cancer in the U.S. are expected to drive the gas-filled radiation detectors market in the region
- The National Cancer Institute had estimated that around 1,735,350 new cases of cancer would be diagnosed in the United States in 2018
- Government bodies in Europe has laid down stringent policies defining the permissible limits of radiation exposure. It is mandatory for health care settings, which have radiation therapy and radiological imaging facilities to follow laboratories practices, guidelines, and regularly monitor radiation levels. Furthermore, rise in the number of research laboratories using radioisotopes for experiments is anticipated to propel the demand for gas-filled radiation detectors in this region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global gas-filled radiation detector market are:
- Mirion Technologies, Inc.
- Militram Futuristic Technologies.
- HENAN CHICHENG ELECTRIC CO.,LTD
- LND, INC
Global Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market: Research Scope
Global Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market, by Indication
- Ionization Chamber
- Proportional Counter
- Geiger-Müller Counter
Global Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Gas-filled Radiation Detectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.