Dental 3D Printing Market
Dental 3D Printing Market (Technology - Vat Photopolymerization, Fused Deposition Modeling, PolyJet Technology, and Selective Laser Sintering; Material - Metals, Photopolymer, and Ceramics; Application - Dental Implants, Dentures, and Crowns and Bridges) Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global dental 3D printing market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, advent of new technology, growing demand for dental care, increasing popularity in digital dentistry, and reduction in development cost and time are the key factors projected to drive the global dental 3D printings market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global dental 3D printings market was valued at US$ 1.4 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 14.5% from 2019 to 2027
Rise in Prevalence of Dental Diseases to Promote Usage of Dental 3D Printing: Key Drivers
- Rise in prevalence of dental diseases such as tooth loss, decay, malocclusion and periodontal diseases across the globe and increase in focus on esthetics have fueled the demand for dental implants, crowns & bridges, dentures
- Development of new software and advances in technology allows dentists to deliver fast, smooth, accurate dental models with improved efficiency and offers seamless dental 3D printing workflow. Thus, technological advancement is a vital driver of the dental 3D printing market.
- New technologies are able to efficiently create dental products of high quality using minimal resources and limited labor hours
- In April 2019, Formlabs, Inc. announced the launch of two new advanced professional Low Force Stereolithography (LFS)- based 3D printers - Form 3 and Form 3L
- In February 2018, 3D Systems, Inc. launched NextDent 5100, a Figure 4-based SLA 3D printer specifically designed for dental labs; and FabPro 1000, a low cost, high productivity DLP-based 3D printer used for dental applications
- All these factors are anticipated to boost the growth of the dental 3D printing market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Global Dental 3D Printings Market
Growing Demand for Dental Care Boost Market Growth
- The increasing awareness about dental health care and high incidence of dental problems create a huge demand for dental care services. In developed regions, insurance companies are providing coverage for dental treatments
- Unhealthy food habits in children, concerns regarding aesthetics among the youth, and the aging population lead to increased demand for dental care
- For instance, according to the American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), currently, 23 million people in the U.S. are completely edentulous and another 12 million are edentulous in one arch
- According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2014,, 83% of children aged 2--17, 62% of adults aged 18-64 and 62.4% adults aged 65 and above had dental visits throughout the year
- This is expected to drive demand for dental implants, crowns & bridges, which, in turn will fuel the need for dental care in the coming years
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Cost of Dental 3D Printers, Material and Software to Hamper Market
- Demand for efficient 3D printers is increasing owing to rapid technological advancements. Several 3D printer manufacturers are making significant investments in the research and development of innovative technology
- The adoption of new technologies often requires higher capital investments which includes registration of patents and regulatory approvals. This prompts manufacturers to increase the overall cost of 3D printers
- For instance, the novel NextDent 5100 and FabPro 1000 launched by 3D Systems, Inc. is priced at US$ 10,000 and US$ 5,000
- The material used in dental 3D printers such as metal and polymer is expensive. Additionally, massive capital investment is needed to process the material into its final form which can be used for printing
- Furthermore, the high cost of the software used in dental 3D printing leads to the overall technology being expensive, which is anticipated to be a major restraint for the dental 3D printing market
Global Dental 3D Printers Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global dental 3D printers market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global dental 3D printers market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global dental 3D printers market are
- Stratasys Ltd.
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- EnvisionTEC, Inc.
- Formlabs, Inc.
- Renishaw plc.
- DWS S.r.l.
- Prodways Group
- SLM Solutions
- among others
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Global Dental 3D Printings Market
Global Dental 3D Printers Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global dental 3D printers market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global dental 3D printers market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global dental 3D printers market are:
- In June 2018, 3D Systems, Inc. announced a strategic partnership with GF Machine solutions (GF) which enhanced the company’s metal printing distribution, scalability, and automation
- In April 2017, the company previewed a high-speed Vida cDLM dental 3D printer based on its continuous digital light manufacturing (cDLM) technology which is suitable for creating models for thermoformed aligners, crown, and bridge models
The report on the global dental 3D printers market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of dental 3D printers competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global dental 3D printers market.
Global Dental 3D Printings Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global dental 3D printings market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the global dental 3D printings market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global dental 3D printings market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ Technology literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global dental 3D printings market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global dental 3D printings market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global dental 3D printings market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global dental 3D printings market. The next section of the global dental 3D printings market report highlights the USPs, which include epidemiology analysis, regulatory scenario, key industry events, technological advancements, and key success factors of top players operating in the global dental 3D printings market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global dental 3D printings market. Key players operating in the global dental 3D printings market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global dental 3D printings market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Dental 3D Printings Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments in the global dental 3D printings market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global dental 3D printings market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the dental 3D printings market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global dental 3D printings market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global dental 3D printings market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global dental 3D printings market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the dental 3D printings market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the dental 3D printings market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global dental 3D printings market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global dental 3D printings market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Dental 3D Printings Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Dental 3D Printings Market - Segmentation