Dental 3D Printing Market
Dental 3D Printing Market (Technology: Vat Photopolymerization, Fused Deposition Modeling, PolyJet Technology, Selective Laser Sintering, and Others; Material: Metals, Photopolymer, Ceramic, and Others; Application: Dental Implants, Dentures, Crowns & Bridges, and Others; and End User: Dental Clinics & Labs, Dental Academic & Research Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Companies Diversify Revenue Streams by Dedicating 3D Printers for COVID-19 Kit Production
An increasing number of 3D printing facilities is being used to produce COVID-19 supplies. SmileDirectClub - a Nashville-based teledentistry company is gaining recognition for using its resources to establish a 3D printing facility focused on producing medical supplies required to respond during the coronavirus outbreak. In this way, stakeholders in the dental 3D printing market are bolstering their credibility credentials whilst diversifying their revenue streams.
Business activities in the dental 3D printing market have been affected due to the ongoing pandemic, since individuals are limiting their visits to dentists only until necessary. Formlabs - a 3D printing technology developer and manufacturer is dedicating its 3D printers for developing necessary tools and kits utilized to diagnose patients with potential COVID-19 infection.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Dental 3D Printing Market
Automation Technologies Help overcome Cost, Health Limitations of Production Activities
3D printing, otherwise known as additive manufacturing, rapid prototyping or layered manufacturing is rapidly growing due to the proliferation of automated technologies, such as in the development of clear aligners. However, conventional 3D printing is a relatively costly technology and increases the risk of skin irritation and inhalation of powders during production activities. Hence, companies in the dental 3D printing market should invest in R&D for automated 3D printing technologies to overcome traditional production challenges.
Since most dentists do not have 3D printers in clinics and offices, the need for on-demand 3D printing services is surging. LuxCreo - a specialist in 3D printing and large-scale manufacturing is capitalizing on this opportunity to provide dental products on demand.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Proprietary Materials, Cloud-connected Smart Factories Storm Market
The dental 3D printing market is projected to advance at a robust CAGR of ~9% during the forecast period. New resins for dental manufacturing and engineering are inundating the market landscape. Companies are introducing proprietary materials such as reformulated Draft Resins that enable users to print up to four times faster than currently available resins.
Thus, to boost credibility, stakeholders in the dental 3D printing market are increasing efforts to acquire FDA (Food & Drug Administration) approved 3D printing services for night guards and retainers. Cloud-connected smart factories are grabbing the attention of dentists where suppliers help in printing and shipping of customized dental products to the dentists’ office or directly to the patients.
3D Printing Enables Cost-efficient Development of Custom-made Dental Products
3D printing is reshaping dentistry. This is evident since innovations, right from dentures to Invisalign retainer braces, are creating value-grab opportunities for companies in the global dental 3D printing market. 3D printing is making it possible to develop custom-made dental implants that suit specific needs of consumers. Manufacturers are realizing that the one-size-fits-all approach for dental implants often requires multiple iterations of the same mouthpiece.
Manufacturers in the dental 3D printing market are producing unique surgical guides, crowns, and trays at relatively quick speeds and in cost-efficient ways. 3D printing is eliminating the need of the lengthy process of taking physical impressions and creating a plaster mock-up of a patient’s teeth to manufacture a device.
3D Printed Digital Models Help to Test Drive Patient’s Future Dental Outcomes
Companies in the dental 3D printing market are investing in planning centers that use the 3D printing technology to assist dentists in the planning of their patients’ treatments. This has led to the concept of 3D printed digital models that predict the desired outcome of a patient’s teeth after complete dental treatment.
3D printed models are allowing patients to test drive their future ideal teeth. Manufacturers in the dental 3D printing market are innovating in simulated end-result teeth that are 3D printed and worn in the mouth to see and feel the difference. Such business strategies are helping to bridge the communication gap between patients and their dentists and share a common objective of outcome from any given dental treatment.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Dental 3D Printing Market
Apart from utilizing 3D printers for producing COVID-19 products such as PPE and testing supplies, increased marketing and advertising through eCommerce and telehealth are helping in the uptake of clear aligners, braces, and other dental products. The dental 3D printing market is expected to reach US$ 2.9 Bn by 2031. However, it has been found that ceramics, which are widely used in dentistry, lack the ability to be 3D printed due to high porosity caused during fabrication. Hence, companies should increase R&D and investment in automated production technologies to overcome the shortcomings of conventional production methods.
Dental 3D Printing Market: Overview
- Dental 3D printing is a method of designing three-dimensional solid dental models such as implants, surgical guides, braces, dentures, crowns, and bridges. Dental 3D printing is an additive process that involves laying down sequential layers of materials that are programmed by a digital file to produce 3D models. The demand for 3D printing in the dental industry has increased, as technology has advanced, allowing dentists to perform dental procedures with greater precision, effectiveness, and minimal trauma to patients. However, high cost of materials and software used to run dental 3D printers is a major restraint of the market.
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global dental 3D printing market. Rise in prevalence of dental diseases such as tooth decay, malocclusion, and periodontal diseases across the world; and increase in focus on esthetics are fueling the demand for dental implants, crowns & bridges, and dentures. This coupled with rise in geriatric patient pool is a key factor expected to drive the global dental 3D printing market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, including a snapshot of various segments of the dental 3D printing market. It also provides elaborate information and data analysis of the global dental 3D printing market about segments based on technology, material, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints, and opportunities that impact the global dental 3D printing market
- The report also includes company profiles, which provide information about business, product portfolio, and competitive landscape of companies operating in the global dental 3D printing market
- The report on the global dental 3D printing market offers market attractiveness analysis of the regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the global dental 3D printing market. It analyzes the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global dental 3D printing market.
Dental 3D Printing Market: Key Segments
- In terms of technology, the global dental 3D printing market has been classified into vat photopolymerization (stereolithography and digital light processing), fused deposition modeling, polyjet technology, selective laser sintering, and others. The vat photopolymerization segment held major share of the global dental 3D printing market in 2018. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- Based on material, the global dental 3D printing market has been divided into metals, photopolymer, ceramic, and others. The photopolymer segment accounted for significant share of the global dental 3D printing market in 2018.
- In terms of application, the global dental 3D printing market has been categorized into dental implants, dentures, crowns & bridges, and others
- Based on end user, the global dental 3D printing market has been segregated into dental clinics & labs, dental academic & research institutes, and others
- The market value and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2031. The CAGRs of respective segments have also been provided from 2021 to 2031, considering 2017 to 2019 as historical years and 2020 as the base year.
Dental 3D Printing Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global dental 3D printing market has been divided into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The dental 3D printing market report provides value and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. The compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The dental 3D printing market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in Dental 3D Printing Report
- Key players operating in the global dental 3D printing market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global dental 3D printing market report are
- EnvisionTEC, Inc.
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Renishaw plc.
- SLM Solutions
- Formlabs, Inc.
- Stratasys Ltd.
- DWS S.r.l.
- Prodways Group
- Asiga, Carbon, Inc.
- DSI Ltd.
- Keystone Industries
- Zortrax S.A.
- SprintRay, Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona
- General Electric Company
- Rapid Shape GmbH
- Roland DG Corporation
Dental 3D Printing Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global dental 3D printing market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the market during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global dental 3D printing market for the period of 2017–2031, with 2017 to 2019 as historical year, 2020 as the base year, and 2021 to 2031 as the forecast period. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global dental 3D printing market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts have carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, articles, journals, and relevant documents to understand the global dental 3D printing market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed the top-down approach to study various phenomena in the global dental 3D printing market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global dental 3D printing market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global dental 3D printing market. The next section of the global dental 3D printing report highlights the USPs, which include key mergers & acquisitions, technological advancements, major research institutes involved, pricing analysis, and key developments in the global dental 3D printing market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global dental 3D printing market. Key players operating in the global dental 3D printing market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global dental 3D printing market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Dental 3D Printing Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What will be the revenue share projections of key segments in the global dental 3D printing market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global dental 3D printing market in terms of revenue by 2031?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the global dental 3D printing market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global dental 3D printing market?
Dental 3D Printing Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global dental 3D printing market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global dental 3D printing market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global dental 3D printing market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global dental 3D printing market. Furthermore, to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the dental 3D printing market, a Y-o-Y analysis with elaborated insights on the same has been provided. The next section of the global dental 3D printing report highlights the USPs, which include dental 3D printing: technology snapshot, dental 3D printing: process overview, dental 3D printing: prominent software tools, dental 3D printing: key industry developments, dental 3D printing: regulatory scenario, and dental 3D printing: reimbursement scenario in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global dental 3D printing market in terms of technology, application, material, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2031 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the dental 3D printing market.
Dental 3D Printing Market – Segmentation