Dental Implants Market
Dental Implants Market (Product - Endosteal Implants, Subperiosteal Implants, Transosteal Implants, Intramucosal Implants; Material - Titanium Implants, Zirconium Implants; End User - Hospitals, Dental Clinics, and Academic & Research Institutes) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global dental implants market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, increasing incidence of dental caries, and rowing preference for dental implants over dental procedures are projected to drive the global dental implants market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global dental implants market was valued at US$ 4.08 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Dental Implants Market
Increasing Incidence of Dental Caries: Key Drivers
- Despite extraordinary achievements in the global population’s oral health, dental problems continue to plague several communities all over the world. Dental caries is still a major oral health issue observed in most industrialized countries, affecting 60–90% of schoolchildren and a vast majority of adults.
- According to a 2016 WHO report, 60–80% of school children and nearly 100% of adults in the world have dental plaques and cavities, often leading to severe pain and discomfort. Besides the changing lifestyles, the growing geriatric population, and subsequently number of cases of tooth loss, dental cavities, and a variety of periodontal conditions are primary drivers of the global market. For example, in 2010, approximately 160 million people were estimated to be edentulous, which accounts for 2.3% of the global population.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it has been projected that the global elderly population, which was around 524 million in 2010, is expected to reach around 2 billion by 2050, growing rapidly in developed countries such as Italy, Germany, the U.K., the U.S., and Japan. According to the U.S. census bureau, around 40 million people in the country belonged to the elderly category in 2011. Around 89 million people are estimated to be above 65 years of age by 2050. This augments the demand for dental implants.
- Thus increasing Incidence of dental caries is likely to boost the dental implants market during the forecast period
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Growing Preference for Dental Implants over Dental Procedures to Boost Market Growth
- Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made of materials such as titanium or zirconium that could be inserted into the jaw. They not only allow the replacement of the missing tooth for cosmetic and practical reasons, but also preserve the jaw structure by preventing bone resorption or atrophy. Compared to conventional fixed bridges or dentures, they require no grinding down of healthy neighboring teeth, do not cause discomfort when eating or speaking, and are long-lasting with a natural appearance.
- The preference for dental implants as a treatment option over conventional devices such as crowns, bridges, or dentures is therefore unsurprising. Several people across the world have false teeth or bridges, but dental implants are a relatively new technology. However, a rapid uptake of these procedures is anticipated in the future.
High Cost of Dental Implant Procedure to Hamper Market
- Implants are a long-term solution to replacing lost teeth, but they’re not inexpensive. No two patients or their customized dental implant treatments are exactly alike, so the number of appointments, procedures, and costs vary accordingly.
- Practitioners charge US$ 3,000 to US$ 4,500 for a single tooth. Most dentists refer patients to oral surgeons, periodontists, or prosthodontists. The average cost of dental implants procedure in the U.S. is around US$ 5000, which includes the out-of-pocket cost for the implant itself, the abutment, crown, and surgery. In the UK, the average out-of-pocket price is around US$ 4079.32, although implants can sometimes be covered by the NHS in Europe. In Australia, the same dental implants will cost about US$ 1620.65.
- Asia is price-sensitive and displays inhibitions with respect to investing in dental implants, which are often only affordable to the elite population, therefore offering a comparatively smaller market.
Global Dental Implants Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global dental implants market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Leading players operating in the global dental implants market are
- Straumann Holding AG
- Dentsply Sirona Inc.
- Henry Schein Inc.
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- 3M Health Care
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- AVINENT Implant System
- Bicon, LLC,
- Osstem Implant, CO., Ltd.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Dental Implants Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global dental implants market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global dental implants market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global dental implants market are:
- In June 2019, Zfx and Zimmer Biomet launched a new restorative digital product line for Zimmer Biomet dental implant systems, GenTek. The products will strengthen the integrity of clinically proven implant connection designs.
- In June 2018, Darby Dental Supply announced the launch of the Alfa Gate line of premium implants. Darby Dental Supply is one of the largest dental distributors in the U.S.
- In December 2017, The Straumann Group announced that the company has signed an agreement to acquire Same Day Solutions (SDS), a dental distribution company based Portugal. The Same Day Solutions sells and markets competitor dental implants, biomaterials and whitening products in Portugal.
- In February 2016, Henry Schein, Inc. announced that it had signed an agreement with Dental Cremer S.A., a distributor of dental supplies and equipment in Brazil. Under the terms of the agreement, Henry Schein will acquire majority ownership interest of Dental Cremer. The acquisition will help Henry Schein to strengthen its foothold in Brazil.
The report on the global dental implants market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of dental implants. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global dental implants market.
TMR’s report on the global dental implants market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global dental implants market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global dental implants market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global dental implants market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global dental implants market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global dental implants market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global dental implants market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global dental implants market. Key players operating in the global dental implants market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global dental implants market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Dental Implants Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of companies in the global dental implants market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global dental implants market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global dental implants market?
- Will Europe continue to be the most profitable market for dental implants providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global dental implants market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global dental implants market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global dental implants market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global dental implants market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the dental implants market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the dental implants market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global dental implants market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global dental implants market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Dental Implants Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Dental Implants Market - Segmentation
Academic & Research Institutes.