Chromoendoscopy Agents Market
Chromoendoscopy Agents Market (Product Type: Absorptive Agents, Contrast Agents, and Reactive Agents; Application: Esophageal, Gastric, and Colorectal; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Specialty Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Infected Fomites Increasing Risk of Coronavirus Transmission during GI Endoscopy
The virus’ stability, characteristics, and modes of transmission through fomites and air droplets make gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy a high-risk procedure with potential of COVID-19 virus transmission. Such findings are concerning stakeholders in the chromoendoscopy agents market. They are increasing efforts to maintain stable supply chains for products, since healthcare professionals are faced with critical patients in emergency cases.
There is a high risk of COVID-19 transmission through infected fomites such as stethoscope, endoscope, and thermometer. Since both patient and healthcare professionals are at a risk of contracting the novel infection, healthcare systems and companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are gaining awareness about simple precautionary measures. These include the use of double surgical masks to prevent infection in endoscopy. As such, there is a need for more studies with robust design to ascertain the exact risk of coronavirus transmission during the GI endoscopy.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Chromoendoscopy Agents Market
Combination of Dye-based Virtual Chromoendoscopy Improving Medical Outcomes
The chromoendoscopy agents market is projected to expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Dye-based chromoendoscopy is considered the gold standard for accurate detection and characterization of lesions throughout the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). However, the most challenging feature regarding dye-based chromoendoscopy as compared to current virtual chromoendoscopy technique is the longer procedural time. Thus, novel trials are being conducted by researchers, scientists, and biologists. For instance, orally ingested tablets of methylene blue combined with the bowel preparation for screening colposcopy have showed promising results in increasing adenoma detection.
Targeted biopsies of any mucosal abnormalities using dye-based chromoendoscopy, along with a combination of virtual chromoendoscopy with high magnification imaging is increasing medical outcomes.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Good Bowel Preparation, Diagnostic Yield Helps Improve Patient Outcomes
Chromoendoscopy is playing a major role in modern endoscopic imaging. This technique aids the endoscopist in highlighting and characterizing lesions in the GIT. Spraying catheters allow the most controlled and precise application of the dye as a fine mist onto the GIT surface. In colonoscopy, good bowel preparation is critical. This is being achieved using spasmolytic agents such as scopolamine or glucagon, which can be used to avoid bowel peristalsis and an uneven distribution of the dye in some cases.
Companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are competing to demonstrate good diagnostic yield in the evaluation of dysplastic lesions in Barrett’s oesophagus (BO) and oesophageal adenocarcinoma by enabling targeted biopsies of suspicious areas. Companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are increasing focus on methylene blue staining to assess areas of BO.
Optical Chromoendoscopy, Technological Developments in Phytodynamic Therapy Boosting Market Growth
Chromoendoscopy is emerging as an alternative to fluorescence spectroscopy, fluorescence endoscopy, and optical coherence tomography. This is evident since companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are increasing the availability of equipment needed in chromoendoscopy. The interest in chromoendoscopy is being heightened with the development of technologies such as endoscopic mucosal resection and phytodynamic therapy that require precise visual tissue characterization.
Chromoendoscopy is being used in conjunction with developments in endoscopic imaging such as confocal endomicroscopy, confocal endocytoscopy, and magnification endoscopy. Companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are benefitting from these findings, as these techniques are simple, quick, inexpensive, and safe. On the other hand, acetic acid is being used in the detection of dysplasia within a region of the BO. Companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are increasing their R&D in optical chromoendoscopy, which is a method that involves digital image processing performed by an endoscope and can produce nearly comparable results to spray chromoendoscopy.
Effective Diagnosis of Colorectal Cancer Triggers Demand for Dye-based Chromoendoscopy
Colonoscopy is being associated with decline in colorectal cancer risk and mortality with the help of detection and resection of precursor lesions. However, its role for preventing the colorectal cancer still has limitations. Companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are capitalizing on this opportunity to deploy image enhancement techniques to improve the diagnostic yield of colonoscopy and optimize the management of colorectal lesions.
Colonoscopy is one of the most effective diagnostic and therapeutic tools for the prevention of colorectal cancer by detection and removal of precursor lesions. Companies in the chromoendoscopy agents market are increasing the availability of dye-based chromoendoscopy to help oncologists advance in diagnosis of colorectal cancer.
Healthcare Companies Adapting to Shift from Chromoendoscopy to VCE
The virtual chromoendoscopy (VCE) is gaining popularity in the chromoendoscopy agents market to augment the spatial variance of light absorption and scattering properties of tissue in diagnostic and therapeutic applications. It has been found that VCE is emerging as an alternative to conventional chromoendoscopy where the stain agents are necessary. Such findings are influencing the growth of the chromoendoscopy agents market. VCE is capable of detecting spatial variations in light adsorption and scattering of target tissue, which helps in distinguishing abnormal and healthy tissue.
Introduction and adoption of virtual or electronic chromoendoscopy have made dye-based chromoendoscopy less relevant in the day-to-day clinical practice. Healthcare companies are increasing efforts to adapt to such changes in the market landscape. Virtual chromoendoscopy is found to be technically less cumbersome, easy in implementation, and saves time. VCE has become a recurring trend in the market, since the method involves image processing to enhance the vascular pattern of the mucosa. Nevertheless, chromoendoscopy still plays a major role in several conditions.
Contrast Agents Gaining Relevancy in Colon Chromoendoscopy
For the detection of colorectal lesions, two main substances usually indigo carmine, a contrast agent, and methylene blue, an absorptive agent, are used. Manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities in absorptive agents and contract agents to improve clinical numbers, owing to colorectal cancer. As such, crystal violet is used along with the magnification of characterization of lesions in which sub-mucosal invasion (SMI) is suspected.
Before the drop-wise instillation of crystal violet, a mucolytic agent should always be applied onto the lesion to avoid false images of invasive pattern in areas where the dye is not absorbed. Indigo carmine, a contrast agent is gaining relevancy in colon chromoendoscopy and targeted chromoendoscopy. Absorbents, such as methylene blue are being used for the pan-colonic chromoendoscopy.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Chromoendoscopy Agents Market
Several guidelines and recommendations for prevention of the COVID-19 transmission during endoscopy procedures are being followed by healthcare professionals. The chromoendoscopy agents market is expected to reach US$ 200 Mn by 2031. However, the interpretation of findings is not always straightforward, and the impact of chromoendoscopy on clinical outcomes with context to standard endoscopic and histologic methods lacks evidence. Hence, companies should increase awareness about the combination of dye-based and virtual chromoendoscopy with high magnification imaging and increase large controlled trials in the same to improve patient outcomes. The VCE uses narrow band imaging to provide enhanced version of the vascular pattern of the mucosa.
Chromoendoscopy Agents Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global chromoendoscopy agents market. Rise in prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases, technological advancements in imaging techniques, surge in awareness among people about preventive measures of cancer, and increase in the number of endoscopy procedures are factors projected to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- The report includes an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global chromoendoscopy agents market. It also provides information and data analysis of the chromoendoscopy agents market about segments based on product type, application, and end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that affect the global chromoendoscopy agents market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competition landscape in the global chromoendoscopy agents market
- The report on the chromoendoscopy agents market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analyses on market share/position of key players operating in the global chromoendoscopy agents market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global chromoendoscopy agents market.
Chromoendoscopy Agents Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product type, the global chromoendoscopy agents market has been classified into absorptive agents, contrast agents, and reactive agents. The absorptive agents segment is projected to account for major share of the market during the forecast period. Absorptive agents improve the recognition of minute changes in the surface pattern by enhancing the contrast of raised and deepened area. This facilitates the visualization and detection of dysplastic and malignant lesions in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Based on application, the global chromoendoscopy agents market has been categorized into esophageal, gastric, and colorectal. The colorectal segment dominated the market in 2020. This can be attributed to increase in cases of colorectal cancer and rise in preventive measures for colorectal cancer by the governments of developed countries.
- In terms of end user, the global chromoendoscopy agents market has been divided into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, specialty clinics, diagnostic centers, and others. The hospitals segment is projected to account for major share of the market. Large share of the segment can be ascribed to increase in the number of endoscopy procedures performed in hospitals.
- Market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR of respective segments has also been provided from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year.
Chromoendoscopy Agents Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global chromoendoscopy agents market has been segmented into North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Switzerland, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The chromoendoscopy agents market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The chromoendoscopy agents market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Chromoendoscopy Agents Market Report
- Key players in the global chromoendoscopy agents market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the chromoendoscopy agents market report are
- Cosmo Pharmaceuticals NV.
- Merck KGaA
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Provepharm Life Solutions
- Enzo Life Sciences, Inc.
- American Regent, Inc.
- Micro-Tech Endoscopy
- Cerba Research
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd.
- LobaChemie Pvt. Ltd.
- among others
Chromoendoscopy Agents Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global chromoendoscopy agents market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides revenue of the global chromoendoscopy agents market for the period 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global chromoendoscopy agents market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global chromoendoscopy agents market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global chromoendoscopy agents market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global chromoendoscopy agents market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global chromoendoscopy agents market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global chromoendoscopy agents market. Key players operating in the global chromoendoscopy agents market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global chromoendoscopy agents market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Chromoendoscopy Agents Market Report
- What is the forecast for the global chromoendoscopy agents market in terms of revenue for the period of 2021–2031?
- How would various dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and trends impact the market?
- What is the market size and estimation for the chromoendoscopy agents market across regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa?
- Which regional market is poised to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which product segment is projected to generate considerable revenue in 2031 and which application segment will register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global chromoendoscopy agents market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global chromoendoscopy agents market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the chromoendoscopy agents market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the chromoendoscopy agents market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global chromoendoscopy agents market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global chromoendoscopy agents market more reliably and accurately.
Chromoendoscopy Agents Market – Segmentation