Surgical Masks Market
Surgical Masks Market (Product: Basic Surgical Masks, Anti-fog Surgical Masks, Fluid/Splash Resistant Surgical Masks, N95 Masks, and Others; Material: Cellulose, Polypropylene, and Others; Type: Disposable and Reusable; Surgical Masks: Tie-on, Ear-loop, and Others; Protection Type: High Barrier, Moderate Barrier, and Low Barrier; and End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Clinics, Academic & Research Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2030
Disposable Surgical Masks Offer Acoustic Benefits to Clinicians amidst COVID-19
The onset of the coronavirus pandemic has laid increased emphasis on the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) for both healthcare professionals and individuals. This has led to an unprecedented demand for surgical masks, especially in healthcare facilities. Companies in the surgical masks market are taking advantage of this opportunity to increase their output capacities. In a densely populated country such as India, manufacturers have drawn increased sales with disposable surgical masks that help clinicians to be heard clearly by patients and their caretakers.
Manufacturers in the surgical masks market are focusing attention on the acoustic effects of disposable surgical masks, since this aspect of masks is usually ignored by many manufacturers. In order to avoid supply shocks, manufacturers should assess care patterns of individuals at high risk of COVID-19 such as those with existing respiratory diseases.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Surgical Masks Market
Prolonged Mask Wearing Increases Risk of Impaired Cognition, Skin Irritation
The surgical masks market is anticipated to mature reach the valuation of US$ 6 Bn by 2030. Manufacturers are anticipated to capitalize on explosive revenue growth during the forecast period, owing to the ever-evolving nature of the coronavirus strain. However, side effects and risks of wearing surgical masks are likely to affect sales. For instance, prolonged wearing of masks can lead to the risk of impaired cognition, headaches, and skin breakdown. Hence, manufacturers in the surgical masks market, with the help of online and traditional media outlets, are increasing awareness about frequent breaks by removing or lowering the mask, hydration, and skin care routines in an effort to eliminate adverse effects of mask wearing. Potential COVID-19 vaccines are also predicted to cause a slowdown in surgical mask sales.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Increased R&D in Material Sciences Spark Innovations in Self-adhesive N95 Masks
The COVID-19 pandemic has sparked innovations in N95 masks. For instance, Avery Dennison— an expert in material sciences has entered into an agreement with Global Safety First (GSF) to introduce its N95 ReadiMask, which is NIOSH-Certified and self-adhesive in nature. Manufacturers in the surgical masks market are taking cues from such companies to innovate in self-adhesive N95 masks that are gaining importance for protecting healthcare workers and patients.
Enclosed Nosepieces in Anti-fog Masks Add to Ergonomics Factor for Clinicians
Companies in the surgical masks market are gaining proficiency in a broad range of styles and features in anti-fog surgical masks. For instance, Halyard Health— a medical technology company is offering a broad range of protection levels in anti-fog surgical masks to meet specific needs of healthcare professionals. As such, high barrier protection type in masks is predicted to dictate the lion’s share of the surgical masks market, in terms of revenue, during the forecast period.
Manufacturers in the surgical masks market are making use of innovative materials and donning attachments that are sonically bonded in anti-fog surgical masks. They are incorporating enclosed nosepieces in masks to assist in conforming to the contours of the face. Manufacturers are boosting their production capacities in natural rubber and latex-free masks.
Future COVID-19-like Situations Fuel Demand for Reusable N95 Masks
Since the coronavirus pandemic has led to issues of increased waste volumes in the environment, a team of engineers from MIT and Brigham & Women’s Hospital, U.S., are gaining recognition for introducing reusable N95 masks. This innovation appeared after the shortage in supply of disposable N95 masks during the pandemic. Companies in the surgical masks market are taking cues from such innovations, and increasing efforts to team up with researchers and other think tanks from universities to design reusable N95 masks.
Reusable N95 masks are a game changer in the healthcare industry, as they have the potential to filter out virus-containing particles.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Surgical Masks Market
Even though it is highly arguable if surgical masks can protect clinicians and individuals from COVID-19, their demand continues to surge as healthcare facilities stock inventories amidst uncertainties in demand and supply. The surgical masks market is predicted to register a CAGR of -12% during the assessment period. As such, the CAGR is anticipated to stabilize with year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth during the forecast period. In order to revive the demand for surgical masks, manufacturers should increase R&D in material sciences to make available highly protective and comfortably designed masks. High supply and relatively modest demand for surgical masks are anticipated for sluggish growth of the market.
Surgical Masks Market: Overview
- The global surgical masks market was valued over US$ 15.6 Bn in 2020 and is projected to contract from 2021 to 2030. Surgical face mask, also known as procedure mask, medical mask, or face mask, is intended primarily for healthcare professionals during surgeries or medical procedures. These masks are designed to protect the wearer from contracting infections. N95 masks or respirators provide better protection against particulate matter and airborne bacteria and viruses.
- The global surgical masks market is driven by rise in prevalence of infectious diseases, increase in the number of people suffering from respiratory diseases, surge in coronavirus pandemic, and growth in the number of surgeries performed globally
Surgical Masks Market: Segmentation
- The global surgical masks market has been segmented based on product, material, type, surgical mask, protection type, end user, and region
- In terms of product, the global surgical masks market has been categorized into basic surgical masks, anti-fog surgical masks, fluid/splash resistant surgical masks, N95 masks, and others
- Based on material, the global surgical masks market has been classified into cellulose, polypropylene, and others
- In terms of type, the global surgical masks market has been bifurcated into disposable and reusable
- Based on surgical mask, the global surgical masks market has been divided into tie-on, ear-loop, and others
- In terms of protection type, the global surgical masks market has been categorized into high barrier, moderate barrier, and low barrier
- Based on end user, the global surgical masks market has been split into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, clinics, academic & research centers, and others
Surgical Masks Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global surgical masks market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2020 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period
- The surgical masks market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2021 to 2030. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to increase in the number of patients suffering from infectious diseases and focus of leading players on strengthening presence in emerging markets.
Surgical Masks Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global surgical masks market include
- 3M Company
- Ansell Limited
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Henry Schein, Inc.
- Kimberly Clark Corporation
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- These players focus on enhancing their production capabilities to meet the burgeoning demand for surgical face masks, owing to the growing pandemic of coronavirus. In March 2020, 3M Company entered into a partnership with Ford Motor Company to increase the production of 3M’s powered air purifying respirators, or PAPRs. 3M and Ford entered into a collaboration to combine their complementary capabilities and resources in order to meet the surge in demand for personal protective equipment.
- 3M Company also doubled its production of N95 respirators at a rate of nearly 100 million masks per month, or over 1.1 billion per year. In the U.S., the company has been producing over 35 million respirators per month, with 90% of these masks designated for healthcare workers.
Surgical Masks Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global surgical masks market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global surgical masks market from 2018 to 2030, considering 2020 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global surgical masks market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global surgical masks market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global surgical masks market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global surgical masks market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global surgical masks market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include pricing analysis, differences between surgical masks and N95 masks, surgical masks - manufacturing capabilities expansion, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global surgical masks market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global surgical masks market. Key players operating in the global surgical masks market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global surgical masks market report.
Key Questions Answered in Surgical Masks Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by surgical masks across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global surgical masks market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global surgical masks market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which application segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2030 and which product segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Surgical Masks Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global surgical masks market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and health care compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global surgical masks market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global surgical masks market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market. The next section of the global surgical masks market report highlights the USPs, which include pricing analysis, differences between surgical masks and N95 masks, surgical masks - manufacturing capabilities expansion, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global surgical masks market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global surgical masks market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global surgical masks market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current surgical masks market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global surgical masks market in terms of product, type, surgical mask, protection type, material, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global surgical masks market.
Surgical Masks Market – Segmentation