N95 Masks Market
N95 Masks Market (Product: With Valve and Without Valve; Material: Polypropylene, Cellulose, and Others; Usage: Reusable and Disposable; and End User: Healthcare Providers, Chemical Industry, Mining Industry, Food Industry, Pharmaceutical Industry, Construction Industry, and Others) - Global & India Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
N95 Masks without Valve Respirators Advised to Fight off COVID-19
It is highly debated whether or not individuals should use N95 masks to prevent exposure to COVID-19. Many healthcare organizations suggest that N95 masks with valve respirators do not prevent the virus from escaping the mask. Since masks with valves or openings may actually propel the germs, manufacturers in the N95 masks market are increasing the availability of masks without openings. As such, manufacturers have been working at break-neck speeds to meet the unprecedented demand for masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE) during the coronavirus pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the N95 Masks Market
Next-gen N95 Masks Made Using Anti-fog Materials Suitable for Face Unlock
Apart from offering protection against the novel coronavirus, manufacturers in the N95 masks market are providing innovative designs in masks to meet aesthetic requirements of individuals. Startups, entrepreneurs, and enterprises have joined the race to produce breakthrough N95 masks that do not interfere with face unlock on smartphones since manufacturers are using anti-fog materials. Companies are boosting their R&D capabilities to accommodate built-in ultraviolet (UV) lights for self-disinfection. Removable air filters in N95 masks are being preferred by individuals in order to reuse them.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
COVID-19 Vaccines to Affect Mask Sales
N95 masks are being publicized as the gold standard for pandemic protection. In order to meet the demand from pharmacists, retailors, and hospitals, manufacturers in the N95 masks market are innovating in products made from 3D printing and other techniques. As such, the emergence of COVID-19 vaccines is anticipated to affect the sales of N95 masks. This explains why the market is predicted to witness a dip in revenue growth from US$ 3.5 Bn in 2020 to over US$ 2.8 Bn by 2030. Hence, manufacturers are now turning their focus toward the healthcare industry in order to establish stable revenue streams.
Innovative Decontamination Devices Enable Safe Reuse of N95 Masks
Since disposable masks are increasing waste volumes in hospital and domestic settings, innovative devices are gaining prominence in the N95 masks market to facilitate the reuse of masks. Mask manufacturers should collaborate with researchers and startups such as IIT Delhi’s Chakr Innovation that launched an ozone-based decontamination device to enable safe reuse of N95 masks. Manufacturers should increase awareness about such devices to bolster their credibility credentials, since excess of biomedical waste increases the risk of infections and environmental stress.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on N95 Masks Market
The 3D printed N95 masks are being made by manufacturers to offer the exact fit of their face during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The N95 masks market is predicted to contract at a CAGR of -4.2% during the forecast period. This is due to potential COVID-19 vaccines and future advancements in healthcare technologies that are likely to limit the sales of masks. Hence, companies should focus on the healthcare sector to establish stable revenue streams throughout the assessment period. As such, startups are capitalizing on incremental opportunities with new trends in N95 masks that can be printed with the wearer’s facial features.
N95 Masks Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global N95 masks market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2021–20230, rapid expansion of the life science industry is anticipated to drive the global N95 masks market
- N95 mask, also known as N95 respirator, can be defined as a respiratory protective device employed to achieve a very close facial fit and very efficient filtration of airborne particles. N95 indicates the ability of the mask to block at least 95% of very small test particles. N95 masks are regulated by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Increase in Demand for N95 Masks to Drive Global Market
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by newly discovered coronavirus in late 2019. During the COVID-19 pandemic, N95 masks played a vital role in keeping healthcare workers and first responders safe. Usage of N95 masks was advocated for infected persons to curb the spread of the disease. As of April 23 2020, the disease has spread to over 210 countries, infecting over 2,660,763 people.
- Rise in fear of infection among people and the asymptomatic spread of the disease have led to the usage of masks by all people, thereby creating a strong demand for N95 masks
- Increase in COVID-19 cases and awareness among people and healthcare professionals, advocating the usage of masks to reduce the risk of infection, drives the demand for N95 masks. For instance, monthly demand for N95 masks increased 10-fold during the peak of the pandemic. Hence, key players are focus on addressing the demand and increasing production capabilities. These factors boost the market.
Expansion of Mining Industry Propels Global N95 Masks Market
- The mining industry is involved in the extraction of precious minerals and other geological materials. The activities of mining industries include metals production. Moreover, these mined minerals include coal, metals such as iron, copper, or zinc, and industrial minerals such as potash, limestone, and other crushed rocks.
- According to the Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy, an estimated 1,400 mines were operating in the U.S. in 2009, and the mining industry plays an important role in 50 states
- Major policy interventions to promote exploration and enhance private sector participation are fueling the mining industry. Rise in focus on developing mineral policies in emerging economies is likely to further augment the mining industry. According to Invest India, reforms such as Make in India Campaign, Smart Cities, Rural Electrification, and a focus on building renewable energy projects under the National Electricity Policy as well as a rise in infrastructure development are expected to present significant opportunities for investors.
- Therefore, expansion of the mining industry is anticipated to drive the global N95 masks market
Product Recall & Rejection to Hamper Global N95 Masks Market
- Demand for N95 masks has increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, product recalls due to quality issues is likely hamper the market. For instance, in September 2020, more than 10 million N95 mask were recalled by the state of California.
- In March 2020, the Netherlands rejected over hundreds of thousands of face masks, which it had imported from China amid the rising coronavirus pandemic. The rejection included the faulty N95 masks, in which the filters were not functioning properly.
- According to the Public Health Agency in Canada, over one million N95 masks imported from China were recently rejected owing to faults in the masks
Global N95 Masks Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global N95 masks market based on various attributes and recent developments
- The global N95 masks market is highly fragmented, with the presence of numerous global as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global N95 masks market include
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Prestige Ameritech
- Ansell Ltd.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
N95 Masks Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global N95 masks market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are aimed at addressing unmet needs in the N95 masks market, strengthening the product portfolio, and investing in research & development. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global N95 masks market are:
- In April 2020, Honeywell International, Inc. began the production of N95 face masks in Smithfield, R.I. This enabled the company to supply masks to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services for the Strategic National Stockpile to support health, safety, and emergency response workers.
- In May 2020, Ballad Health and Premier, Inc. announced a partnership to acquire a minority stake in Prestige Ameritech. Under the terms of the agreement, Ballad Health committed to purchase N95 and surgical masks from Prestige Ameritech.
- In April 2020, Alpha Pro Tech, Ltd. announced an update to the status of orders booked for its proprietary N-95 Particulate Respirator face mask. APT has presently booked nearly US$ 14.1 Mn in orders for the company’s N-95 face mask since January 27, 2020.
- The report on the global N95 masks market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of N95 masks. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global N95 masks market.
N95 Masks Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global N95 masks market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global N95 masks market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global N95 masks market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global N95 masks market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global N95 masks market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global N95 masks market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global N95 masks market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global N95 masks market. Key players operating in the global N95 masks market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global N95 masks market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in N95 Masks Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global N95 masks market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global N95 masks market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global N95 masks market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for N95 masks?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the global N95 masks market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global N95 masks market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global N95 masks market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global N95 masks market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the N95 masks market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the N95 masks market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global N95 masks market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global N95 masks more reliably and accurately.
N95 Masks Market – Segmentation