Influenza Vaccine Market: Introduction
- Influenza, also known as a flu, is a common viral infection that affects the respiratory system. The major three types of influenza viruses impacting humans are Type A, Type B, and Type C. The fourth form of influenza virus, known as Type D, does not affect the humans, but is considered to have the potential to do so.
- The common symptoms of influenza include sneezing, high fever, running nose, headache, coughing, sore throat, joint pains, and feeling tired. Furthermore, diarrhea and vomiting are the additional symptoms observed in children.
- Influenza vaccine, also known as flu shot or flu jabs, is used as a protection against influenza virus. Newer versions of influenza vaccines are developed twice a year owing to the rapid changes in the influenza virus. The effectiveness of these vaccines varies year to year, but are known to offer moderate to high protection against influenza.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Influenza Vaccine Market
- Influenza is one of the rapidly transmitted infections among the population. According to Centre for Disease Control (CDC), over 15% of the population in the U.S., is affected from the seasonal influenza virus annually. This high prevalence of the disease, necessitates the demand for vaccination, contributing to the growth of the influenza vaccine market.
- Significant increase in the government initiatives promoting the administration of influenza vaccine, minimal side effects associated with the vaccine contribute to the growth of the influenza vaccine market. Furthermore, rise in the routine vaccination programs and inclusion of influenza vaccine in the regular programs in developed as well as in developing countries contribute to the growth of the influenza vaccine market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Influenza Vaccine Market Report
- However, high cost of development and the longer timelines required for the development of influenza vaccine might hinder the growth of the influenza vaccine market
North America to Lead Global Influenza Vaccine Market
- In terms of region, the global influenza vaccine market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global influenza vaccine market in 2018, owing to strong presence of leading market players, high prevalence of seasonal influenza, development of newer vaccines, increasing government focus on immunization programs, and advancements in administration of vaccines
- Europe was the second largest market for influenza vaccine in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for influenza vaccine, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Growing focus of the governments in countries in Asia on enhancing healthcare facilities, growing incidence of seasonal influenza, government initiatives, rising disposable income, and rapid economic development, contribute to the growth of the influenza vaccine market in the region.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Influenza Vaccine Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Influenza Vaccine Market
Leading players in the global influenza vaccine market are:
- AstraZeneca Plc.
- CSL Limited
- Emergent BioSolutions
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Gamma Vaccines Pty Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp.)
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Sanofi Pasteur SA
- Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
Global Influenza Vaccine Market: Research Scope
Global Influenza Vaccine Market, by Vaccine Type
Global Influenza Vaccine Market, by Technology
Global Influenza Vaccine Market, by Type
Global Influenza Vaccine Market, by Age Group
Global Influenza Vaccine Market, by Route of Administration
- Nasal Spray
Global Influenza Vaccine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.