Red biotechnology is the application of biotechnology in biopharmaceuticals and pharmaceuticals production. It provides patients with innovative and modern modes of diagnostics and treatments. This biotechnological application involves research and study on cells and tissues, genetic testing, stem cells, gene therapy, orphan drugs, proteomics and pharmacogenetics. The red biotechnology mainly focuses on neurosciences and protein research.
The global market for red biotechnology is categorized by applications and product types as follows:
- Drug discovery
- Drug production
- Gentic testing
- Gene therapy
- Gene recombinant drugs
- Human vaccines
- Blood products
- Diagnostics reagents
Currently, North America dominates the global red biotechnology market and is followed by Europe due to increased introduction of new products in the developed markets and number of patents and intellectual property rights granted in the biomedical sector. Emerging economies of Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa are also expected to emerge as rapidly growing red biotechnology market in the near future due to increasing healthcare expenditure and technological advances.
Some of the major factors driving the global market for red biotechnology include breakthrough outcome of new medical therapies, increase in use of biocatalysis process in the synthesis and production of active pharmaceutical ingredients, advancements in biopharmaceuticals, increasing consumer awareness and government initiatives. However, high capital investment and technical limitations may pose a challenge to the growth of red biotechnology market.
Some of the market players in this industry include Amgen, Inc., Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd., Biogen Idec, Inc., Cephalon, Inc., Chiron Corporation, CSL Limited, Genentech, Inc., Genzyme Corporation, Gilead Sciences, Inc., MedImmune LLC, Serono SA and Shenyang Sunshine Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.