List of Pipeline Drugs and Investment by Major Companies in R&D Propelled Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
- Thyroid gland produces thyroid hormone which is required by the body to regulate metabolism. Follicles that comprise the thyroid, are the functional and structural units of the gland. Follicular thyroid carcinoma is a tumor of the follicular cells which are lined by cuboidal epithelial cells and have capsular and vascular invasive properties.
- Compared to follicular carcinoma, follicular adenoma is benign and occurs more commonly with a ratio estimated to be 5 to 1. Follicular carcinoma can be of two types, minimally invasive and invasive, based on its morphologic criteria. Minimally invasive follicular carcinoma is an encapsulated tumor with microscopic penetration of the tumor capsule without vascular invasion. Invasive follicular carcinoma is a follicular carcinoma with vascular invasion and extension beyond the tumor capsule into the adjacent thyroid parenchyma.
- Major players are focused in developing effective drugs to treat follicular thyroid cancer through their diverse range of product pipelines. REVLIMID (lenalidomide), which is the product of Celgene Corporation, is currently under phase 2 clinical trial for therapy of radioiodine-unresponsive papillary & follicular thyroid carcinomas.
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
- Follicular thyroid cancer accounts for 10 to 15% of all thyroid cancers. It occurs more often in women and older patients with a female-to-male ratio of 3:1 and a mean age of 60 years at the time of diagnosis. According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), estimated 52,070 adults (14,260 men and 37,810 women) in the U.S. are diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 2019. Thus, rise in cases of follicular thyroid cancer is propelling the follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market.
- Increase in drug approval is also fueling the follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market growth. FDA granted several programs, in order to increase the availability of drugs to treat follicular thyroid carcinoma disease. In 2015, FDA approved a targeted therapy called lenvatinib (Lenvima, E7080) for later-stage differentiated thyroid cancer when surgery, I-131 treatment, or both have not worked.
- However, product recall of a few drugs is restraining the follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market. According to the FDA statement, in August 2018, Westminster Pharmaceuticals recalled Levothyroxine and Liothyronine tablets as a precautionary measure.
Surgery to Witness High Demand
- Based on treatment type, the global follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market is segmented into: Surgery, Radioactive Iodine (RAI), Drugs, Chemotherapy, External Radiotherapy, Thyroxin Treatment, and Others. Surgery is further sub-segmented into thyroid lobectomy, thyroidectomy, and others.
- Types of treatment for follicular thyroid carcinoma depend on types and stages of the cancer. Most cancers are treated with removal of thyroid gland (thyroidectomy) or by just removing the side of the thyroid containing the tumor (lobectomy). Thus, the surgical segment holds major share of the market.
Oncology Centers Segment to Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market can be divided into: Hospitals, Oncology Centers, Research Institutes, and Others
- In terms of revenue, hospitals dominated the market in 2018 due to large number of procedures performed in these facilities
- The oncology centers segment is anticipated to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be attributed to presence of developed technologies and availability of multiple options for follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment.
- Various medical institutions and research centers are continuously investing in their research to develop innovative treatment process
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market Report
North America to dominate Global Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market in 2018 and is expected to maintain the position during the forecast period. This growth is due to the increase in demand for minimally invasive treatments and increase in focus on patient safety as well as advancement in technologies and established distribution channels.
- However, owing to increase in health care expenditure and improvement in health care facilities, Asia Pacific is projected to register the highest growth rate during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global follicular thyroid carcinoma treatment market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Mylan N.V.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceuticals
Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market: Research Scope
Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market, by Treatment Type
- Thyroid Lobectomy
- Radioactive Iodine (RAI)
- External Radiotherapy
- Thyroxin Treatment
Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market, by End-user
- Oncology centers
- Research Institutes
Follicular Thyroid Carcinoma Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.