EpCAM Antagonists Market: Introduction
- Epithelial cell adhesion molecule (EpCAM), is a cell surface protein or antigen, which is considered a highly expressed element in most key cancer types, including prostate, breast, colon, lung, gastric, ovarian, and pancreatic cancer. Consequently, EpCAM antagonists are considered as well-established and an ideal therapeutic target and market for cancer of epithelial origin.
- EpCAM, as its name suggests, is involved in cell adhesion through Ca2+-independent hemophilic cell-cell adhesion in cells, which normally lack cell-cell interactions. EpCAM modulate other CAM functions and weakens E-Cadherin-mediated intercellular adhesion through minimized stability. Moreover, contact inhibition and polarization, which are basic epithelial features, are less strong in EpCAM-expressing cells. Finally, cell migration and motility are attenuated in murine knock-out cells, suggesting that EpCAM plays a major role in cancer cell invasion and metastasis, and that, in cancer cells, where EpCAM is over-expressed, it acts as a negative regulator of adhesion. EpCAM expression is associated with an unfavorable prognosis in the basal like triple negative breast cancers and luminal B subtypes, while in the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2+) subtype, it is concerned with a favorable prognosis.
- Rise in focus of leading players on research & development activities and technological advancements in the healthcare sector are projected to propel the global EpCAM antagonists market during the forecast period
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global EpCAM Antagonists Market
- Significant rise in prevalence of different types of cancers across the globe is a key factor that is estimated to fuel the global EpCAM antagonists market during the forecast period. Furthermore, rise in government initiatives and spending on research & development activities for cancer treatment are estimated to propel the global market in the next few years.
- Furthermore, consistent development in the field of recombinant DNA technology is projected to offer promising opportunities for key players operating in the global market for EpCAM antagonists
- However, a lack of awareness regarding the availability of advanced therapeutics, especially in developing economies, and the high cost of overall cancer treatments are key factors that are likely to restrain the global EpCAM antagonists market in the next few years.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global EpCAM Antagonists Market
In terms of region, the global EpCAM antagonists market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to lead the overall market and account for a large share during the forecast period. The presence of a large number of leading players operating in this region is a major factor that is estimated to fuel the EpCAM antagonists market in the next few years. Furthermore, a rise in the number of cancer cases in the region is another factor boosting the market in the next few years. On the other hand, the market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand considerably in the next few years.
Key Players Operating in Global EpCAM Antagonists Market
The EpCAM antagonists market is moderately competitive and includes major players. Increase in number of players entering the global market and focusing on research & development activities are some factors that are estimated to boost the global EpCAM antagonists market during the forecast period. Major players operating in the global EpCAM Antagonists market are:
- Johnson and Johnson
- Amgen, Inc.
- Fresenius Biotech
- The University of Hong Kong
- American Association for Cancer Research
- Trion Pharma GmbH
Global EpCAM Antagonists Market: Research Scope
Global EpCAM Antagonists Market, by Type
- Monoclonal antibody
- cDNA clone
Global EpCAM Antagonists Market, by Indication
Global EpCAM Antagonists Market, by Distribution Channel
- Drug stores
- Hospital pharmacies
Global EpCAM Antagonists Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.