Electric Paint Market: Introduction
- Electric paint functions in a way similar to any other water-based paint, except it conducts electricity. It offers dual benefit of conductivity and corrosion resistance. Increase in demand for consumer electronics is driving the global electric paint market.
- Electrical paint is used in mobile phones, laptops, computers, LCDs, electrical display, and touch panels
- Electric paint is based on a blend of epoxy tars, hardeners, and carbon black. Electrically conductive characteristics are imparted to the electric paint through addition of elements such as graphite, carbon dark silver, short carbon filaments, carbon nanofibers, and silver-covered carbon nanotubes. Thus, it provides a lightweight characteristic to the entire panel, thereby reducing the overall cost.
Electric Paint Market: Key Drivers
- Developments in consumer electronics, automotive, medical, and defense sectors are expected to drive the demand for electric paint during the forecast period
- Electric paint is utilized as a part of electronic presentations, LCD, touch boards, personal computers, phones, radios, and pagers to give electromagnetic impedance protecting and dispersal of static charge
- Electric paint is electrically conductive, non-toxic, solvent free, and water soluble. However, it is not as conductive as metal or copper wire. Demand for electric paint is likely to be high in low-current circuits and sensors.
- Rise in demand for industry solutions that combine resilience with lower maintenance and high performance is expected to be a key factor propelling the electric paint market in the near future
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Electric Paint Market: Applications
- Based on application, the global electric paint market can be divided into consumer electronic displays, solar, automotive, aerospace, bio-science, and others
- Electric paint is ideally used in the areas of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) such as mobile phones, communications equipment, PDAs, antennas, and pagers; consumer electronics, TVs, cable boxes, receivers, and entertainment systems; computer equipment, laptops, and monitors; medical monitors and analyzers; industrial and automated control systems; military and weapons systems; network/satellite systems; and aerospace/avionics systems
- The global electric paint market is projected to expand at a moderate pace in the near future owing to the rise in demand for electric paint in the automotive industry
North America to be Key Region of Global Electric Paint Market
- In terms of region, the global electric paint market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America region is expected to hold major share of the global electric paint market during the forecast period. The market in the region is primarily driven by the increase in adoption of innovative technologies in consumer durables.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. China, India, and South Korea are estimated to be key geographies of the market in the region.
- Demand for electronic devices such as tablets, smartphones, wearable devices, and other connected consumer electronics is set to expand exponentially in India by 2027. Ongoing initiatives such as ‘Make in India,’ ‘Smart Cities,’ and ‘Digital India’ by the Government Of India are likely to present immense opportunities for the electric paint market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers in Market
The global electric paint market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Axalta Coating Systems
- PPG Industries Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
Global Electric Paint Market: Research Scope
Global Electric Paint Market, by Type
Global Electric Paint Market, by Application
- Consumer Electronic Displays
Global Electric Paint Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.