Dura Substitution Prostheses Market: Introduction
- Dura substitute is required to the dura matter of the brain and spinal cord during the neurosurgical procedure
- Biologic material composed of allogeneic collagen is highly used for dura substitute for the wound healing process
Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Key companies operating in the global dura substitution prostheses market are focused on expanding their product portfolio by developing new products with enhanced effectiveness and advanced features
- Emerging economies are major markets for dura substitution prostheses due to advancements in the health care infrastructure of these economies
- Relatively high growth of the dura substitution prostheses market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to a well-developed health care infrastructure, increase in health care expenditure, and rise in the number of local manufacturers providing innovative products at low cost in the region
- Economic development, rise in disposable income of patients, and awareness about health care in Asia and Latin America are attracting major players to these regions
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Dura Substitution Prostheses Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market
- Increase in prevalence of neurodegenerative diseases is propelling the global dura substitution prostheses market. For instance, currently, around 48 million people worldwide are living with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and around 6 million people are living with Parkinson's disease (PD). Dementias are responsible for the greatest burden of neurodegenerative diseases with Alzheimer's disease representing approximately 60% to 70% cases.
- Approximately 5.2 million people in the U.S. of all ages had Alzheimer’s disease in 2014. One in nine people aged 65 years and older (11% of the population) has Alzheimer's disease. Population aged 65 years and above with Alzheimer's disease is anticipated to grow three-fold (13.8 million) by 2050 with the frequency of a new case every minute.
- Increase in incidence and long-term consequences of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussions are expected to drive the global dura substitution prostheses market during the forecast period. According to the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), approximately 1.7 million people withstand a traumatic brain injury (TBI) yearly. Traumatic brain injury is a leading cause of death and disability in children and young adults.
- High cost involved in dura substitution prostheses as well as its treatment is expected to restraint the market during the forecast period
Allogeneic Material Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on type, the global dura substitution prostheses market can be divided into dissimilar material, allogeneic material, and man-mad material
- Allogeneic material dominated the dura substitution prostheses market in 2018, owing to the increase in its usage during the neurosurgery procedures, as these tissues are extracted from the same species
Medical Segment Dominated Dura Substitution Prostheses Market
- Based on application, the global dura substitution prostheses market can be classified into medical, biological research, and others
- Medical application dominated the global dura substitution prostheses market in 2018, owing to high usage of dura substitute prosthesis during neurosurgeries when the opening in the dura is too large to be sutured together
North America to Lead Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market
- In terms of region, the global dura substitution prostheses market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global dura substitution prostheses market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of major dura substitution prostheses manufacturers in the region
- Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to high rate of acceptance of new technology, rise in awareness about neurological diseases, and increase in health care infrastructure. Furthermore, surge in research activities and mergers & acquisitions are major drivers of the market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dura Substitution Prostheses Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global dura substitution prostheses was consolidated in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Cook Medical
- Cousin Biotech
- Tissuemed Ltd.
- VOSTRA GmbH
- W. L. Gore & Associates
- GUNZE LIMITED MEDICAL DIVISION
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market, by Type
- Dissimilar Material
- Allogeneic Material
- Man-mad Material
Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market, by Application
- Biological Research
Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.