Dura Substitution Prostheses Market: Introduction
- Dura substitute is required to the dura matter of the brain and spinal cord during the neurosurgical procedure
- Biologic material composed of allogeneic collagen is highly used for dura substitute for the wound healing process
Asia Pacific and Latin America to Offer Growth Opportunities
- Key companies operating in the global dura substitution prostheses market are focused on expanding their product portfolio by developing new products with enhanced effectiveness and advanced features
- Emerging economies are major markets for dura substitution prostheses due to advancements in the health care infrastructure of these economies
- Relatively high growth of the dura substitution prostheses market in Asia Pacific can be attributed to a well-developed health care infrastructure, increase in health care expenditure, and rise in the number of local manufacturers providing innovative products at low cost in the region
- Economic development, rise in disposable income of patients, and awareness about health care in Asia and Latin America are attracting major players to these regions
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Dura Substitution Prostheses Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market
- Increase in prevalence of neurodegenerative diseases is propelling the global dura substitution prostheses market. For instance, currently, around 48 million people worldwide are living with Alzheimer's disease (AD) and around 6 million people are living with Parkinson's disease (PD). Dementias are responsible for the greatest burden of neurodegenerative diseases with Alzheimer's disease representing approximately 60% to 70% cases.
- Approximately 5.2 million people in the U.S. of all ages had Alzheimer’s disease in 2014. One in nine people aged 65 years and older (11% of the population) has Alzheimer's disease. Population aged 65 years and above with Alzheimer's disease is anticipated to grow three-fold (13.8 million) by 2050 with the frequency of a new case every minute.
- Increase in incidence and long-term consequences of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussions are expected to drive the global dura substitution prostheses market during the forecast period. According to the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), approximately 1.7 million people withstand a traumatic brain injury (TBI) yearly. Traumatic brain injury is a leading cause of death and disability in children and young adults.
- High cost involved in dura substitution prostheses as well as its treatment is expected to restraint the market during the forecast period
Allogeneic Material Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on type, the global dura substitution prostheses market can be divided into dissimilar material, allogeneic material, and man-mad material
- Allogeneic material dominated the dura substitution prostheses market in 2018, owing to the increase in its usage during the neurosurgery procedures, as these tissues are extracted from the same species
Medical Segment Dominated Dura Substitution Prostheses Market
- Based on application, the global dura substitution prostheses market can be classified into medical, biological research, and others
- Medical application dominated the global dura substitution prostheses market in 2018, owing to high usage of dura substitute prosthesis during neurosurgeries when the opening in the dura is too large to be sutured together
North America to Lead Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market
- In terms of region, the global dura substitution prostheses market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for a major share of the global dura substitution prostheses market during the forecast period, owing to the presence of major dura substitution prostheses manufacturers in the region
- Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to high rate of acceptance of new technology, rise in awareness about neurological diseases, and increase in health care infrastructure. Furthermore, surge in research activities and mergers & acquisitions are major drivers of the market.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Dura Substitution Prostheses Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global dura substitution prostheses was consolidated in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Cook Medical
- Cousin Biotech
- Tissuemed Ltd.
- VOSTRA GmbH
- W. L. Gore & Associates
- GUNZE LIMITED MEDICAL DIVISION
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market, by Type
- Dissimilar Material
- Allogeneic Material
- Man-mad Material
Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market, by Application
- Biological Research
Global Dura Substitution Prostheses Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.