Cloud-based Time Series Database: Introduction
- A time series database (TSBD) is a sequence of data points collected over time intervals, or it refers to a database optimized for measuring change over time. Time series database is a collection of measurements or events that are monitored or tracked over time. It is mainly used for application performance monitoring, sensor data, network data, clicks, events, trades in a market, and numerous other types of analytics data.
- Time series database monitors or tracks changes over milliseconds, days, or even years.
- The global cloud-based time series database market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in adoption of these solutions among end-users across the globe
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market: Dynamics
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Increase in demand to reduce risks, improve efficiency, and enhance business operations among end-users is expected to boost the global cloud-based time series database market during the forecast period
- Rise in need to analyze financial data accurately and the volatility of stock trading is also anticipated to fuel the cloud-based time series database market during the forecast period.
- Technological advancements and changing work culture have encouraged business organizations to adopt advanced software. Thus, demand for cloud-based time series database is likely to increase during the forecast period to cater to the fast-changing market needs.
- Rise in demand for accessing IoT data and monitoring web services, applications, and infrastructure is also expected to boost its demand across the globe.
- However, high cost of cloud-based time series database restricts its adoption among small-sized end-users. This is anticipated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to adversely impact the global cloud-based time series database market in the short term i.e. during the lockdown period. Investment in cloud-based time series database among organizations has reduced significantly due to the lockdowns enforced by various governments to curb the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- However, many end-users such as government and healthcare sector are significantly adopting time series database to track the closing and opening value of the stock market, daily lows and highs in temperature, and total number of COVID-19 hospitalizations per day across the globe. This is projected to positively impact the global cloud-based time series database market during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market
- In terms of region, the global cloud-based time series database market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global cloud-based time series database market in 2020, due to the significant adoption of cloud-based time series database in the region. COVID-19 cases are high in the U.S. in the North America region. This is anticipated to positively impact the adoption of cloud-based time series database to track or monitor the total number of COVID-19 hospitalizations per day.
- The cloud-based time series database market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increasing demand to track the daily COVID-19 statistics across various countries is expected to boost the market in the short term. Moreover, the increasing trend of stock trading in the region is likely to propel the cloud-based time series database market in Asia Pacific in the next few years.
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and international players are active and have strong presence in the cloud-based time series database market. Rapid technological advancements have led to opportunities in the global cloud-based time series database market. Solution vendors of digital operations are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition activities with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market:
- InfluxData Inc.
- IBM Corporation
- AVEVA Plc
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Axibase Corporation
- Circonus, Inc.
- DataStax, Inc.
- Dell Inc. (VMware)
- First Derivatives (Kx Systems)
- Google LLC
- McObject LLC
- Microsoft Corporation
- SenX S.A.S.
- Timescale, Inc.
- Trendalyze, Inc.
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market: Research Scope
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market, by Deployment
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market, by End-user
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace and Defense
Global Cloud-based Time Series Database Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.