Chemical LiDAR Market: Introduction
- Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) is a remote sensing technology that measures scattered light (laser) in order to find information and range of a distant target.
- Remote detection of chemical and biological warfare agents and toxic gases in the atmosphere is yet to be popular; however, this detection is in demand among several military and civilian agencies. Numerous technologies are being tried out of which LiDAR is considered to be the most capable in remote detection of such toxic chemicals.
- Increased industrialization in the last few years has become the primary cause of environmental atmospheric pollution. Therefore, differential absorption light detection and ranging (LiDAR) was developed to monitor source and volume of emissions. This detection method employs lasers to accurately scan any area.
- Similar to RADAR, differential absorption LiDAR measures the reflection of transmitted signals. LiDAR transmits pulses of light at different wavelengths through the chemical areas. A small fraction of this light is scattered back and collected with a receiver and a highly sensitive detector, enabling the concentration and location of the gas in the atmosphere to be measured. This allows the size, volume, direction, and spatial distribution of the plume to be determined. LiDAR can detect tiny molecules in the atmosphere due to its shorter wavelength. A method called Differential Absorption LiDAR (DAL) is being used to locate new oil & gas deposits.
Rise in Demand for LiDAR due to Accurate Results and Low Cost
- LiDAR offers considerable advantages such as accuracy and consistency, given the speed and large area that can be scanned coupled with the highly accurate results. LiDAR is time-saving and less expensive than other technologies.
- Thus, the market for chemical LiDAR is projected to expand during the forecast period owing to the advantages of LiDAR and focus of key players in the market on development of techniques to detect chemicals from longer distance using LiDAR
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- North America is estimated to account for a notable share of the global chemical LiDAR market during the forecast period, as demand from defense and military sector is increasing owing to a rise in threat from biological weapons
- In terms of end-use, the oil & gas segment is also projected to gain market share during the forecast period, owing to an increase in demand for LiDAR to detect hazardous materials that may cause damage to oil & gas production plants and the systems
Key Players in Global Chemical LiDAR Market
Various key players are involved in chemical LiDAR market; several players are developing different techniques and solutions. Key players include
- 3D at Depth
- Frontiers Media S.A.
- Clean Harbors
- Advanced 3D Laser Solutions Group
- SureStar LiDAR
Chemical LiDAR Market Scope
Chemical LiDAR Market, by Range
- Short Range
- Long Range
Chemical LiDAR Market, by End-use
- Military and Defense
- Oil and Gas
Chemical LiDAR Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.