Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market: Introduction
- Mammary tumor is a tumor of the mammary tissue and is most common in unspayed dogs, and in dogs spayed after their first heat cycle. Dogs have five pairs of mammary glands with glands near the armpit region and in the glands located in inguinal area. The mammary tumor is frequently found in toy, miniature, spaniels, and German shepherd breeds. Male dogs are rarely impacted by this kind of tumor. Mammary tumors are found in various sizes and shapes, and can move to underlying tissue. Many dogs develop single tumor in one gland and others develop multiple tumors within same gland.
- Mammary tumors are often found to be malignant i.e., cancerous or benign. The most common tumors are adenomas, carcinomas, and adenocarcinomas. Dogs can acquire malignant and benign tumor at the same time. According to research, in April 2020, the incidence rate of canine mammary tumor was 198 per 100,000 dogs and is comparatively higher than in humans. Canine mammary tumor is the most common type of cancer in female dogs, accounting for 50% of the canine neoplasms cases.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market
- Rise in pet ownership, increase in incidence of canine mammary tumor, and early diagnosis of the condition are projected to drive the global canine mammary tumor treatment market. Development of biomarkers for the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis of female dogs suffering from canine tumor is anticipated to offer early treatment for the infected dogs. This is expected to boost the growth of the global canine mammary tumor treatment market. Availability of biomarkers such as miRNAs, cancer stem cells, breast cancer 1 gene, and circulating tumor cells offers promising future for the treatment of canine mammary tumors.
- Moreover, mammary neoplasia in female dogs is the most common tumor type, and around 50% of the canine mammary tumors are malignant. Adenocarcinoma is the most frequent type of mammary tumor, followed by papillary carcinoma, complex carcinoma, solid carcinoma, and carcinosarcoma.
- Standard diagnostic tools for detection of canine mammary tumor is a major factor boosting the growth of the global canine mammary tumor treatment market. Other methods for diagnosis of canine mammary tumor includes blood counts, abdominal ultrasound, chest X-rays, CT scan, aspiration, and biopsy.
- Less awareness about the symptoms and signs of canine memory tumor in dogs could negatively impact the global canine mammary tumor treatment market. Moreover, there is limited proven efficiency for treatment of malignant mammary tumors in dogs. This is likely to restrain the global market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global canine mammary tumor treatment market due to increase in technological advancements, preference for surgical or radiation therapy for canine mammary tumor, and rise in prevalence of canine mammary tumor. Furthermore, rise in pet ownership and investments in animal health care, and initiatives by governments are anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period. According to research, in April 2020, the incidence rate of canine mammary tumor in dogs is estimated to be 198 cases per 100,000.
- Europe is expected to account for the second largest share of the global canine mammary tumor treatment market during the forecast period. The market in the region is likely to expand at a significant CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Rise in prevalence of canine mammary tumor in dogs, surge in adoption of companion animals, and increase in pet ownership are the other factors boosting market growth in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market
The global canine mammary tumor treatment market is highly fragmented, with the presence of various key players. A large number of manufacturers hold a major share in their respective regions. Major players operating in the global canine mammary tumor market are:
- Aratana Therapeutics, Inc.
- AB Science
- Boehinger Ingelheim International GmbH
- Zenoaq, Morphogenesis, Inc.
- VetDC, Inc.
- Karyopharm Therapeutics, Inc.
- Regeneus Ltd.
- Rhizen Pharmaceuticals SA
- Oasmia Pharmaceuticals AB
- Banfield Pet Hospital
- VCA Hospitals
- Other Prominent Players
Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market: by Type
Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Radiation Therapy
Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market, by End-user
- Veterinary Hospitals
- Veterinary Clinics
Global Canine Mammary Tumor Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa